style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i am new on here.

We moved into a ground floor flat with garden june 2010.Deposit with Dps.

First day; no spotlight bulbs-landlady hasnt reimbursed us

Notified LL bath and toilet not safe....repaired following May when enviromental officer forced work to be done.

Notified boiler not working properly...replaced last day in september.

Notified cooker not working....replaced 22 weeks later

Notified washing machine not working...replaced 5 weeks later.

She wanted rent in cash monthly,dec and january we didnt see her,then 5th February she turned up screaming abuse,kicking door swearing and demanding Decembers,Januarys and Februarys rent,even tho febs wasnt due!

we paid the 2 months and finally got her bank details.

We complained to police as she kept being abusive and aggressive...incident logged and number given.

The garden we have not been able to use as the access was classed as dangerous by EHO,have reports to say this.

We left this property June 2011,she did not attend the checkout,we took photos.

She did checkout after new tenants moved in.

LL now trying to say she wants our deposits for new carpets,we have statement from previous tenants saying she did same to them too.

We have statement from witness about the abuse we have had too.

We have sent email to the LL that we are starting court proceedings,but we cant afford solicitors fees for advice,i have tried CAB but they said we need a solicitor.Legal aid wont help unless the value is at least £5000.Please help

Hi shelly

Welcome to CAG

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.

In the meantime have a read of 10 and 11 in my signature. Well done on taking the pictures, thats good evidence.

Hi, welcome to the forum. Can you explain? You say you've had a solicitor's letter for you to pay for the deposit of new carpets. sorry don't quite understand it.

Hi Rebel11 thanks for welcoming me!

terriersaregreat; no not letter from her solicitor. LL trying to take over £400 of our deposit to replace 2 carpets,ive told her this is classed as betterment and illegal,no i said we cant afford solicitors help.

Sorry, I understand now. LL is retaining your deposit money as she says that the carpets were damaged and you want to take her to court for not returning your deposit.

You've now got great advice. I would add that if you do go to court check out the fee remission availability to you as fees can be expensive. Courts sites are helpful too.

Best of luck

TAG

Why would you go to court in the first instance if the deposit is held with DPS?

Raise a dispute with the scheme.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Why would you go to court in the first instance if the deposit is held with DPS?

Raise a dispute with the scheme.

because the LL is a liar,abusive,aggressive,spitefull and in our eyes she owes us money!

She has backed down now(today) and rather than pay us a lot of money has agreed to let the deposit scheme give us our money back,but in the process of agreeing she has been very nasty against our little girl who has a disability.

The LL is wicked

But why would that mean that you dont follow the proper and agreed process to recover that money?

In any event, pleased that you have managed to sort it.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

But why would that mean that you dont follow the proper and agreed process to recover that money?

In any event, pleased that you have managed to sort it.

Hi,we tried through Dps but LL was ignoring us and the dps.

we did start the single claim but then started to get emails from the LL abusing us and saying that we are not getting our money back,we had been advised to take it to the small claims court.

So we wrote to her a pre court action letter which stated the deposit and we put in for all the breaches that she had made.

She phoned us at 10.15pm friday night blocked her number and was very very abusive,then denied she,d phoned.

we had been told that the dps are not always fair?

At least we are getting our deposit back,we are going to leave it at that.

we can breathe and enjoy our new house and garden now:whoo: