Warning!!! The importance of getting the correct legal advice...its crucial..

geoffthechef
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long story but here goes..In 1999 i was taken ill at work and while at work treated but stayed at work.I was then flown home to my home in the uk and went straight to my doctors who called a ambulance and was admitted but they mis- diagnosed and discharged me two days later, TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT i was in and out of hospital 6 times until i collapsed in the street and they found a abscess in the brain which was the problem all along.(no one scanned me) i then spent the next 6 months in hospital and 3 weeks in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber..i told my wife to go to a local solicitors as the whole thing was medical negligent.She came into hospital the next day and had told her that they had no way of proving it and just to accept it was one of those things.Anyway after i got out a few months later having been in the country's top brain injuries unit i contacted a solicitor who was on the panel of recommended medical negligence solicitors. They told me straight away they would rate the case at 90% plus (they will not take your case on if its less than 50%) and i was given legal aid as i had long lost my job...well the case took 9 years and costs came to over 1/2 million and i settled out of court for over 750k.

If the wife and i had listened to the first lot we would of been none of the wiser..so it really is important that you find a solicitor who is on the panel of medical negligance solicitors...I do wonder how many people have normal solictors who claim to deal with medical negligence and have been turned away.