Debt_mountain vs Cabot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 - "From the Standard Terms and Conditions Marks & Spencer have the right to transfer the debt and consequently all the rights and obligations pass to the assignee." .

This made my day lol

How can they say this to you and the complete opposite to me. The read this forum, they know we share information...:confused:

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

Thanks Seahorse... I admit, I was feeling left out..

Things are getting harder for Cabot...

DM has a letter from Hodsons, admiting that the obligations are passed to the assignee, this matches Sarah's earlier find:

Credit Today online

Roger Lucas, of the Debt Buyers and Sellers Group, said: "When we take assignment of debts we stand in the place of the original creditor so it’s only right we should have the same obligations and rights."

I know this is old news.. but who is this Roger Lucas ????

Well, the CSA and the DBSG have both finally updated their websites and....

He is a member of the Board of Association of the Credit Services Association

CSA Website

"The CSA has a Board of Directors, who are an integral part of the Association and who play an important role in their involvement with major policy decisions within the CSA and the guidance and help provided to our members"

Roger Lucas

External Policy and Relations Chair

He is also on the the Governing Committee of the Debt Buyers and Sellers Group

DBSG Website

As we all know Cabot are members of both and the CEO of Cabot is the Chairman of the DBSG. So we have their trade associations and their legal represenatives both confirming that the duties/obligations are passed to the assignee....

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

Don't blame WW unduly. It must be hard trying to learn law with a Poirot accent, silly moustache and a silk polkadot apparel fetish.

Let's all cut him some slack, shall we? ;)

Can't you take him up into the N.Sea and feed him to the fishes?

DM Roger Lewis also belongs to Lewis Group - A DCA.

good work

yes it was Cabot (well Hodsons anyway)

I don't have my scanner at home, but on Monday I will scan both my original leter to them and their reply and upload them to you know where.

DM

I have uploaded said docs to ...

Having reread it I would like comments on point 10 in the upload. Enjoy.

thanks

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

This is nothing to do with my Cabot claim directly but I have just received a payment from Blackhorse for a Scottish Small Calim I started for charges (1 of 3). They have paid the full amount a week before it was due in court and as detailed in my claim they have changed all of the credit files to "show and exemplary paymnet history".

My claim was to have them remove it.

Why do they not remove it? What do they gain from keeping it their, even though it is all big green zeros?

It is better for me as I now have a shiny green account which is better than not having it theire atall and miles better than all the 1,2,3,4 etc that were there.

Do they not remove it as it would show they have lost the fight? or do they receive some paymnet for each record that is in thier whether it is good or bad?

Anyone know more about the agreements between CRA and thier clients?

I think I will add a new general debt thread and see if anyone can enlighten me.

Actually, it sounds far better than you could possibly have dreamed of. I wish all mine were green zeros. :D

I just don't understand why!!! there must be somehting financial in it for them. I would like to know as it seams to be important to them and may give us another tool to fight them all with.

Now my mind's going this morning but one of the Caboteers (and it may have been you or Tbern) said they believed there could be a link between these people registering info with CRAs and some sort of payment for info.

Now my mind's going this morning but one of the Caboteers (and it may have been you or Tbern) said they believed there could be a link between these people registering info with CRAs and some sort of payment for info.

I remember saying something about this as Cabot are fighting so hard not to remove this data. So I think there must be something more to it. This Blackhorse claim just makes me even more suspicious.

Yes and it also is at odds with their claim that they are recovering debt under the Property Act 1925 in which case it is just the moeny they are trying to recover and the actual CCA bit and registering defaults should be of no interest whatsover EXCEPT I think they are using it as a convenient way to bring pressure to bear (unlawfully and illegally mind) and it is also a possibility there's some sort financial benefit. This is why they are jumping between the two laws.

Our papertrails at you know where are yielding some interesting findings.

This is nothing to do with my Cabot claim directly but I have just received a payment from Blackhorse for a Scottish Small Calim I started for charges (1 of 3). They have paid the full amount a week before it was due in court and as detailed in my claim they have changed all of the credit files to "show and exemplary paymnet history".

My claim was to have them remove it.

Why do they not remove it? What do they gain from keeping it their, even though it is all big green zeros?

It is better for me as I now have a shiny green account which is better than not having it theire atall and miles better than all the 1,2,3,4 etc that were there.

Do they not remove it as it would show they have lost the fight? or do they receive some paymnet for each record that is in thier whether it is good or bad?

Anyone know more about the agreements between CRA and thier clients?

I think I will add a new general debt thread and see if anyone can enlighten me.

Reverse may be true, ie they have to pay CRA to change data (CRA is a profit making company - why would they do something for free?). DCA's certainly do not like putting their hands in those deep pockets of theirs.

On another angle, they have nothing to gain by changing it, whereas leaving it there is their vindictive way to attack your record.

Finally they removed it after you had gone to expense of setting up court case because they knew outright that they would lose.