• Tweets

• Any chance of some advice with filling in the N164 please?    I've sent an EX107 to the Court to request transcript of the Judgment to use in an appeal but the Courts still haven't actioned this and my 21 days expires on Tuesday
    • The lawsuits allege the companies preyed upon "vulnerable" young men like the 18-year-old Uvalde gunman.View the full article
    • Hi, despite saying you would post it up we have not seen the WS or EVRis WS. Please can you post them up.
    • Hi, Sorry its taken me so long to get round to this, i've been pretty busy today. Anyway, just a couple of things based on your observations.   Evri have not seen/read my WS (sent by post and by email) as they would have recognised the claim value is over £1000 as it includes court fees, trial fees, postage costs and interests, and there is a complete breakdown of the different costs and evidence. I'd say theres a 1% chance they read it , but in any case it won't change what they write. They refer to the claim amount that you claimed in your claim form originally, which will likely be in the same as the defence. They use a simple standard copy and paste format for WX and I've never seen it include any amount other than on the claim form but this is immaterial because it makes no difference to whether evri be liable and if so to what value which is the matter in dispute. However, I have a thinking that EVRi staff are under lots of pressure, they seem to be working up to and beyond 7pm even on fridays, and this is quite unusual so they likely save time by just copying and pasting certain lines of their defence to form their WX.   Evri accepts the parcel is lost after it entered their delivery network - again, this is in my WS and is not an issue in dispute. This is just one of their copy paste lines that they always use.   Evri mentions the £25 and £4.82 paid by Packlink - Again, had they read the WS, they would have realised this is not an issue in dispute. They probably haven't read your WS but did you account for this in your claim form?   Furthermore to the eBay Powered By Packlink T&Cs that Evri is referring to, Clauses 3b and c of the T&Cs states:  (b)   Packlink is a package dispatch search engine that acts as an intermediary between its Users and Transport Agencies. Through the Website, Users can check the prices that different Transport Agencies offer for shipments and contract with the Transport Agency that best suits their needs on-line. (c)  Each User shall then enter into its own contract with the chosen Transport Agency. Packlink does not have any control over, and disclaims all liability that may arise in contracts between a User and a Transport Agency This supports the view that once a user (i.e, myself) selects a transport agency (i.e Evri) that best suits the user's needs, the user (i.e, myself) enters into a contract with the chosen transport agency (i.e, myself). Therefore, under the T&Cs, there is a contract between myself and Evri.   This is correct but you have gone into this claim as trying to claim as a third party. I would say that you need to pick which fight you wan't to make. Either you pick the fight that you contracted directly with EVRi therefore you can apply the CRA OR you pick the fight that you are claiming as a third party contract to a contract between packlink and EVRi. Personally, I would go with the argument that you contracted directly with evri because the terms and conditions are pretty clear that the contract is formed with EVRi and so if the judge accepts this you are just applying your CR under CRA 2015, of which there has only been 2 judges I have seen who have failed to accept the argument of the CRA.   Evri cites their pre-existing agreement with Packlink and that I cannot enforce 3rd party rights under the 1999 Act. Evri has not provided a copy of this contract, and furthermore, my point above explains that the T&Cs clearly explains I have entered into a contract when i chose Evri to deliver my parcel.    This is fine, but again I would say that you should focus on claiming under the contract you have with EVRi as you entered into a direct contract with them according to packlink, as this gives less opportunites for the judge to get things wrong, also I think this is a much better legal position because you can apply your CR to it, if you dealt with a third party claim you would likely need to rely on business contract rights.   As explained in my WS, i am the non-gratuitous beneficiary as my payment for Evri's delivery service through Packlink is the sole reason for the principal contract coming into existence. I wouldn't focus this as your argument. I did think about this earlier and I think the sole focus of your claim should be that you contracted with evri and any term within their T&Cs that limits their liability is a breach of CRA. If you try to argue that the payment to packlink is the sole reason for the contract coming in between EVRI and packlink then you are essentially going against yourself since on one hand you are (And should be) arguing that you contracted directly with EVRi, but on the other hand by arguing about funding the contract between packlink and evri you are then saying that the contract is between packlink and evri not you and evri.  I think you should focus your argument that the contract is between you and evri as the packlink T&C's say.   Clearly Evri have not read by WS as the above is all clearly explained in there.   I doubt they have too, but I think their witness statement more than anything is an attempt to sort of confuse things. They reference various parts of the T&Cs within their WS and I've left some more general points on their WS below although I do think  point 3b as you have mentioned is very important because it says "Users can check the prices that different Transport Agencies offer for shipments and contract with the Transport Agency that best suits their needs on-line." which I would argue means that you contract directly with the agency. For points 9 and 10 focus on term 3c of the contract  points 15-18 are the same as points 18-21 of the defence if you look at it (as i said above its just a copy paste exercise) point 21 term 3c again point 23 is interesting - it says they are responsible for organising it but doesnt say anything about a contract  More generally for 24-29 it seems they are essentially saying you agreed to packlinks terms which means you can't have a contract with EVRI. This isnt true, you have simply agreed to the terms that expressly say your contract is formed with the ttransport agency (EVRi). They also reference that packlinks obligations are £25 but again this doesn't limit evris obligations, there is nothing that says that the transport agency isnt liable for more, it just says that packlinks limitation is set. for what its worth point 31 has no applicability because the contract hasn't been produced.   but overall I think its most important to focus on terms 3b and 3c of the contract and apply your rights as a consumer and not as a third party and use the third party as a backup   
    • Ms Vennells gave testimony over three days, watched by those affected by the Post Office scandal.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Debt_mountain vs Cabot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that Andrew1

I have added 11,12,13 to the list.

1 - Failure to adhered to s10 & 12 of CCA

2 - Failure to provide statements of accounts or "properly executed" agreements (defaulted + 1 month)

3 - Failure to provide deed of assignment or indicate that they will be disclosed to a judge (defaulted + 1 month)

4 - Failure to let me know that I can contact the Credit Services Association to complain

5 - Kingshill sharing my info with Cabot Europe Data Protection Act breech Information Commissioners Office complaint raised

6 - Kingshill have never proven they own any debt, should they actually have collected any of them?

7 - Cabot Europe are sharing Mrs DMs info with CRA DPA breech

8 - Kingshill sharing Mrs DMs info with Cabot Europe DPA breech

9 - Failure to follow debt collection guidelines

10 - Cabot UK are not data controllers

11 - Cost of interest from the consolidation loans taken out to pay the settled account. I will be going for a refund of settlements should the agreements not be forthcoming.

12 - Kingshill failure to provide SAR

13 - Cabot Fin Europe failure to provide SAR (but this may be on its way from Mssrs Hodsons)

14 - Kingshill ( possibly a dormant company) process my £10 cheque after the name change between Cabot UK - not too sure yet what this means so it may be exluded til I get more info.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Mrs DM called today and said there is a LARGE amount of bumph from Cabot Financial Europe lts arrived....that'll be my SAR then. How did they get my info, I have never given Kingshill permission to share my data.

Oh and there was a cheque from MBNA for £3460 for a second claim against them, it is off topic but they paid out every charge from 1 may 1994 (first 3 years were estimated) when the account opened inc 8% plus 19.9%...what a good day I have had.

SAR stuff came just in time for my CMC meeting next week. Mrs DM is at some meeting tonight 'til late so when the weeman is in his kipp I will crack open a Guinness and get studying. woohoo:D

Wonder when the Kingshill SAR will arrive, they process my data with CRAs so they should atleast provide that info along with my name and address etc.

Started going through the SAR stuff, they have shared my info with 4 other companies (and the happily state who they were), a mortgage company I rquested a quote for a new mortgage with, 2 search companies and the message services company in Rugby.

They have also said in their defence they never got the s10 & s12 as I sent it to the wrong company, so why is it copied in each of the 4 accounts that have been with them.

I will need to spend more time tomorrow going through it all. It adds up to 1 full pack of a4 paper from the printer and some poor wee lassie has had to hand annotate loads of it.

I just visited the Cabot website and again they state some confusing info

Cabot Financial

nice page name whoare

Cabot Financial work closely with the Credit Reference Agencies to ensure that your credit record is updated to reflect the payments made to us and show the actual status of your account at the end of each month.

So again they are saying Cabot will tell CRAs what is happening, so why do Kingshill log the information? I have saved a copy of the page should they go and change it.

..also DM, if Cabot are purporting not be providing credit as in tberns thread, what right do they have to supply the cra's with info?

Oh and there was a cheque from MBNA for £3460 for a second claim against them, it is off topic but they paid out every charge from 1 may 1994 (first 3 years were estimated) when the account opened inc 8% plus 19.9%...what a good day I have had.

QUOTE]

Hay, DM - That's absolutely brilliant - milkybars are on you are they? ! Well done, I am so happy for you.

..also DM, if Cabot are purporting not be providing credit as in tberns thread, what right do they have to supply the cra's with info?

I have added this to my letter, thanks once again.

PM me your address and I will send you a real Milky-Bars.jpg

Well here is a letter I have just sent off asking for some replies. A total of 35.

the wording of their defence in post 12 of this thread.

Spelling improved this time.

Dear Mr Maynard and Mr Spencer,

I am shocked but not at all surprised with the information I have obtained from the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) package received yesterday. This has provided a wealth of information to negate much of the defence you filed and authorised as “The Defendant believes that the content of this Defence is true and I am duly authorised by the Defendant to sign this statement of truth” with the court on 27/10/06. These will be brought to the courts attention and discussed at next weeks case management conference next week.

Firstly, I would like to thank the staff who prepare these S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) packages as they are very well collated and look to be completely unaltered. I can see a large amount of manual time goes into creating them and obviously, the maximum statutory £10 fee does not cover the cost of producing it, so thank you once more.

I would also like to question some of the concerning facts found in the SAR supplied. I have also attached a document detailing the many issues I have with your defence as mentioned above.

I am still referring to Kingshill No 1 Ltd (Kingshill) rather than Cabot Financial UK Ltd, as all the papers work in the SAR and my court claim refer to this and it will save confusion.

1.Why do Kingshill share our personal data with the CRA’s but they do not provide an SAR when requested?

2.If Kingshill are the legal owner how do you legally justify Cabot Financial Europe Ltd having our data?

3.If Kingshill are the legal owner how do you legally justify Cabot Financial Europe Ltd sharing my data with Ebiquita, UK Changes, Voicexcel and Telemessaging and Regency for account xxxxxx.

4.Please provide me full contact details for each of the above additional companies who have received our personal data. I will be issuing a further complaint to the Information Commissioner regarding this finding and asking them to investigate it fully.

5.I also require copies of all communications sent to these companies, for example for Voicexcel I require a copy of the letter reference AMVAR line 406 of the account history log.

6.If Kingshill are the legal owner how do you legally justify Cabot Financial Europe Ltd sharing Mrs monthly account information with the CRA’s?

7.Why is the default amount in the credit files for Mrs MBNA account showing the incorrect default figure. The figure showing look to be the maximum level the debt reached when you had the account but as it was less than half that when you received it, and the date of the default is dated before your received it then this default must be related to the original creditor activities. Just to be clear we have never received a default notice from either you or the original lender.

8.In the SAR there is no evidence that these debts were ever validated or confirmed to be collectable. No agreements or terms and conditions. Please provide this evidence.

9.I have also been researching other information about your organisation and a quote I have read says “if Cabot Financial Europe Ltd are purporting not be providing credit, what right do they have to supply the CRA's with information?

10.For account xxxxxx I see a copy of some form of agreement with no terms or conditions visible and no reference to permission to share any personal data. So why is my personal data being shared in connection with this.

11.Thank you for removing the duplicate entry in my credit file for this account, this does not remove the fact that you had recorded it twice and I will need to further investigate if there is any further action required.

12.On the 15/1/06 in the account history log mentions the BOS, this is an M&S account? Have you discussed my M&S information with BOS?

13.Again on 12/4 reference is made to my first CCA request. No reply ever received. Second CCA was

14.22/9/06 again the s10 and s12 were recorded.

15.Stats 14 letters 23 calls.

16.Account xxxxxx, same pattern re s10/12

17.Neither CCA s77 request referenced

18.12/2/06 I require a copy of the communications sent to UK Changes on all occasions they were contacted

19.06/03/05 I require a copy of the communications sent to Ebiquita on all occasions they were contacted

20.account xxxxxxx 2/2/07 confirmation that Kingshill mail being received and logged by Cabot.

21.22/9/06 s10 & s12 registered.

22.For all 4 accounts I cannot see any information stating what information is being shared with the CRA’s. I require a copy of this information that is held by Cabot Financial Europe ltd or Cabot Financial UK ltd or Kingshill No 1 ltd.

Yours faithfully

Mr & Mrs

Response to the defence

1.Disagree. Damages are the increased rate of lending, house, car, plus consolidation loans rates and amounts used to pay Cabot Financial Europe ltd.

2.No agreements have been supplied by the defendant as yet so this cannot be disputed by the defendant. From others on a well known website I have had it confirmed that agreements of a similar time have no reference to allowing data to be shared beyond the agreements termination.

· (A) Copies of properly executed agreements including all terms and conditions.

· SAR received and there are no properly executed agreements, terms and conditions or default notice.

· Debt Collection Guidelines produced by OFT.

· Ken Maynard publications – January 2007 Collections Tracesmart

· Ken Maynard - Steering Committee on Reciprocity (SCOR)

3.To confirm if this is the case we need confirmation from the original lender if the agreement was terminated prior to selling to Kingshill.

· (B) Confirmation from original creditor of agreement status at time of sale.

4.This is a key part of the claim and as such the defendant has to provide the defence against my claim.

· (A) Copies of properly executed agreements including all terms and conditions.

5.Due to the misleading nature of the defendants business names I have raised an N244 ready to submit to the court on the defendants solicitor confirming which company (at companies) the claim should be changed to.

· In the SAR package there was a copy of the mail that Cabot/Hobson are trying to say were never received as they were sent to the wrong company. See the activity log about 29th August 2006

· (C ) Defendant to confirm the correct company/companies for this claim.

6.Defendant to provide the agreement stating it can share our data beyond agreement termination.

7.Data Protection Act information is attached

· Kingshill have unlawfully shared my data with Cabot Europe Limited

· Cabot Financial Europe ltd have then shared the data unlawfully with Ebiquita, UK Changes, Voicexcel and Telemessaging .

· See attachment 1 - I have pulled the information stating that each company must have the data subjects permission to share their data. No permission was ever given.

8.The s10 & s12 have since been resent to both Kingshill No 1 ltd and Cabot Financial Europe Ltd) on 2/2/07 by both fax

· (F) section of communications log confirming receipt of s10 & 12 were received and filed with our accounts. In the SAR package there was a copy of the mail that Cabot/Hobson are trying to say were never received as they were sent to the wrong company. See the activity log about 29th August 2006

· (D) provide copies of processed cheques from my bank.

9.Disagree

· See attachment 2 - See figures and agreements for lending since 2001

10.See 9 for evidence.

11.obstruction of the case. If this was true (The original CCA shows in the account history log on 12/4/06 but no response was ever received.) the defendant should also have sent a reply explaining this is the case rather than just ignore it. The defendant can easily (and obviously did) find from our name and address which accounts are in question, they managed for many years to hound and harass us for alleged debts. The defendants solicitor is the same for all matter within Cabot Group and as such should be seen to be helping the process. See attachment 3 for Second CCA information. CCA sent to Cabot Financial Europe on 28/8/06 and Kingshill No 1 ltd on 7/11/06.

· (E) Deed of assignment to be shown to the court.

12.If Kingshill no 1 has ownership then why do Cabot Financial Europe have our personal data without our permission.

13.Firstly, which creditor is being referred to? The original company or the defendant? Secondly under the CCA a default notice must be sent following clear guidelines of content and timescales. This was never received by the claimants from either the original creditor or the defendant. No payment agreement was every signed by the claimant with the defendant for any of the account. See attachment 3 for CCA information.

· The default recorded against Mrs from MBNA has a severely incorrect amount against it as the default amount. This is not the amount the original lender will have had going by the records in the SAR and it is showing the worst balance amount through the life with Cabot. Cabot never issued (nor did MBNA) a default notice (none in the SAR) so how can they alter the default amount lawfully.

What is required

(A) Copies of properly executed agreements including all terms and conditions.

(B) Confirmation from original creditor of agreement status at time of sale.

© Defendant to confirm the correct company/companies for this claim.

(D) provide copies of processed cheques from my bank.

(E) Deed of assignment to be shown to the court

(F) section of communications log confirming receipt of s10 & 12 were received and filed with our accounts.

• Haha 1

9. I have also been researching other information about your organisation and a quote I have read says “if Cabot are purporting not to be providing credit, what right do they have to supply the CRA's with information?

DM - Say which ' Cabot ' you mean

· Kinghill have unlawfully shared my data with Cabot Europe Limited· Cabut Europe ltd have then shared the data unlawfully with Ebiquita, UK Changes, Voicexcel and Telemessaging .

· See attachment 1 - I have pulled the information stating that each company must have the data subjects permission to share their data. No permission was ever given.

8. The s10 & s12 have since been resent to both Kingshill No 1 ltd and Cabot Fianacial Europe Ltd) on 2/2/07 by both fax

· (F) section of communications log confirming receipt of s10 & 12 were received and filed with our accounts. In the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) package there was a copy of the mail that Cabot/Hobson are trying to say were never received as they were sent to the wrong company. See the activity log about 29th August 2006

9. Disagree

10. See 9 for evidence.

11. obstruction of the case. If this was true (The original CCA shows in the account history log on 12/4/06 but no response was ever received.) the defendant should also have sent a reply explaining this is the case rather than just ignore it. The defendant can easily (and obviously did) find from our name and address which accounts are in question, they managed for many years to hound and harass us for alleged debts. The defendants solicitor is the same for all matter within Cabot Group and as such should be seen to be helping the process. See attachment 3 for Second CCA information. CCA sent to Cabot Financial Europe on 28/8/06 and Kingshill No 1 ltd on 7/11/06.

12. If Kingshill no 1 has ownership then why do Cabot Financial Europe have our personal data without our permission.

DM- Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd

Kingshill (No 1) Ltd

...and go through your spellings... check each one individually

9. I have also been researching other information about your organisation and a quote I have read says “if Cabot are purporting not to be providing credit, what right do they have to supply the CRA's with information?

DM - Say which ' Cabot ' you mean

· Kinghill have unlawfully shared my data with Cabot Europe Limited· Cabut Europe ltd have then shared the data unlawfully with Ebiquita, UK Changes, Voicexcel and Telemessaging .

8. The s10 & s12 have since been resent to both Kingshill No 1 ltd and Cabot Fianacial Europe Ltd) on 2/2/07 by both fax

· (F) section of communications log confirming receipt of s10 & 12 were received and filed with our accounts. In the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) package there was a copy of the mail that Cabot/Hobson are trying to say were never received as they were sent to the wrong company. See the activity log about 29th August 2006

9. Disagree

10. See 9 for evidence.

11. obstruction of the case. If this was true (The original CCA shows in the account history log on 12/4/06 but no response was ever received.) the defendant should also have sent a reply explaining this is the case rather than just ignore it. The defendant can easily (and obviously did) find from our name and address which accounts are in question, they managed for many years to hound and harass us for alleged debts. The defendants solicitor is the same for all matter within Cabot Group and as such should be seen to be helping the process. See attachment 3 for Second CCA information. CCA sent to Cabot Financial Europe on 28/8/06 and Kingshill No 1 ltd on 7/11/06.

12. If Kingshill no 1 has ownership then why do Cabot Financial Europe have our personal data without our permission.

DM- Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd

Kingshill (No 1) Ltd

...and go through your spellings... check each one individually

Thanks Adnrew1, I have reread it about 8 times now and each time I still find more minor tweaks and spellink :D . I will specify which Cabot I mean also.

Well, 2 words, or is it 1 word, multi-track.

Had a good day, judge was excellent and the barister for Hodsons was a decent fellow.

Judge gave us 4 weeks stay to try to settle, if not then he asked us to seriously consider mediation as a mult-track could end up expensive.

Judge said if it goes to multi-track it would be complex and may require expert witness'. He also said I would be asked to rewrite my POC to detail a step by step history of each account. It would have to heard by a Judge with experience in these areas.

All in all a great step forwards I think.

Nice one. ;)

What does mediation involve?

What I understand is that both parties and a mediator meet in a neutral location, both sides put a case forwards in front of everyone and then the mediator speaks to each party in turn then I think they make a proposal.

Just keeping my options open at the moment and have had a quick discussion with a lawyer about taking the case forward should a settlement or mediation not be agreed to by Cabot. They have shown a lot of interest in the case. I think they can see where this may go and I think I could see £ signs in his eyes (like a cartoon character).

They were very impressed with the information that the CAGgers have come up with so far and putting what WE have identified and know into legal speak should be fairly straight forwards.

They seem to think there is a very strong case should Multi-track be required but hey also beleive that with the correct wording and content there is no need for the case to have to go to multi-track and if we saw the benefit we could push for fast-track.

Another good step forwards and the advice was free...

Lets just see what Mr Spencer and Cabot come up with. We have less than 3 weeks to get an answer to the judge.

It just goes from 1 clock to another...tick tock tick tock...

As posted in Tberns thread I have today received my aknowledgement from the ICO about the complaint I have put in about Cabot and they have asked me if I have any more communications (in addition to the attachements sent with the emailed form).

• 2 weeks later...

So far Cabot / Hodsons have not even referenced the settlement offer I discussed with the solicitor at my Allocation Hearing. I have had 2 letters saying nothing but they have not even replied to my letter asking for clarification of the SAR stuff, I know it will just be the "rights and duties" standard reply but I want one!!!

I have also rewritten my POCs to take out the Data Protection stuff (ICO are dealing with it anyway), the judge thought this would require expert witness' and meant fast track plus the modification of the interest related damages to damaged as defined by the court limited to £XXXX, again the judge was wanting expert witness' to help with the specific damages. these have now been sent in.

I was also back in court again yesterday with a bank charges claim and had a great time, yet another set of learnings, these judges are so helpful. The school boy solicitor for the bank said about 18 words, "case to be struck out" and "costs for this hear to be covered by the claimant", boy did I have fun, I certainly didn't miss him and hit the wall...here is an extract from my BOS thread but what an experience...

this hearing was for my request to change my POC completely...judge summond me in to explain and the bank sent a pig for the slaughter too.

EXTRACT

He came over and shook my hand then started the intimidation. "we are going to HAVE your revised POC and the full case struck out as it is a waste of courts time. "Thanks" I said "Whatever" then we were called in.

Then the school kid (he was a barraster - what is the difference from a solicitor???) piped up as the judge was drafting his order and said as I had poorly written my original POC that I must pay todays costs for this hearing. The judge agreed and asked for my view on this.

Luckily tgsh2006 had warned me of this so I had my speech ready.....well as I had requested 8 years of statements in my SAR and it took BOS 20 days beyond the legal requirement for the SAR and then told me I was only getting 6 years and only when I pushed the ICO complaint did they then supply the extra 2 years (which was 2 months after the original claim) I then chose to update the POC with all I had learnt, which included what this same judge had explained in a previous case (he like the fact I had learnt from him (my mentor) and smiled).

I really am enjoying these court sessions too much.

The school boy also asked for the next hearing to be fast track and for 1 day, the judge said it will be small claims and as I know how Mr Debt Mountain works and have now dealt with 2 of his casses I feel the standard 10 minutes we give to these cases, as the banks very seldom actually turn up) will not be sufficient and I am putting it down for 2 hours. Guess he knows the power of the CAG site for us obtaining reams of factual evidence.

He actually sounded like he looked forwards to a "good legal discussion" rather than the normal banks don't turn up and order them to pay.

so it is just more practice for my next one which I think will be BOS again in 6 weeks time then probably Cabot shortly after that.

Cabot have until next Monday (7 days before retunrung to court) to agree to settlement or mediation or its on with the hearing.

I have now repsonsed to ICO and sent the additional info to help in the complaint.

Somebody has been busy then. No wonder you've been missing for a while.

Yes, I have been focussing on a few other things, 2 cases started in the Scottish system (all new to me as I have used the English system up until now), plus following up with the BOS POC change and studying for that.

I like the way you describe your court experience. Great confidence booster for us newbies who haven't been yet. :D

For all newbies out there the court experience is far less scary than expected, it is far better being the claimant than the defendant I am sure. I am also learning the legal tricks the banks etc use which I plan on turning round on them in my next cases but can't elaborate on air as it will give them a heads up, which we don't want to do.:D

DM, Forgive me for being a little slow but what do you mean exactly by this:

"I was also back in court again yesterday with a bank charges claim and had a great time, yet another set of learnings, these judges are so helpful. The school boy solicitor for the bank said about 18 words, "case to be struck out" and "costs for this hear to be covered by the claimant", boy did I have fun, I certainly didn't miss him and hit the wall...here is an extract from my BOS thread but what an experience..."

Were you not the claimant?