Debt_mountain vs Cabot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We aim to please. I am one of their best cusomers you know!!

and as such - we know you have to "keep in touch" :D :D

You know Morgy will be upset if he doesn't hear from you!! He'll start thinking you not friendly no more if you don't keep in touch :D :D

It's good you introducing nice new friends to him - you know these Hodsons peoples don't get the posh parties that Cabots people get unvited to - so Morgy needs to make some nice new friends ;)

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I now have a court date 6Th Nov for a case management conference, pre hearing......

woohoo, can't wait to see what threat is brought up about Fast Track etc.

I will just have retunred from a well earned week in Tenerife so should be relaxed and will have studied my paperwork while knocking back the San Muigel!!

the judge has ordered that we list the issues and agree a set of draft directions (if possible).

Wonder if Piers will want to do that? I am just going to go and ask him.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

I now have a court date 6Th Nov for a case management conference, pre hearing......

woohoo, can't wait to see what threat is brought up about Fast Track etc.

I will just have retunred from a well earned week in Tenerife so should be relaxed and will have studied my paperwork while knocking back the San Muigel!!

the judge has ordered that we list the issues and agree a set of draft directions (if possible).

Wonder if Piers will want to do that? I am just going to go and ask him.

DM - this should be a good opportunity for negotiations to take place - don't let the fast track thing worry you - Cabots do tend to use this to scare people off. You just need to emphasise your points simply and Judge will see that fast track isn't necessarily the answer.

Will be interesting to see how or whether Piers intends negotiating with you prior to case hearing date.

Knowing what we know about Cabot they may make a settlement offer but it will be for a small amount of cash, a non disclosure to be signed and no they won't stop sharing any data.

We also know they will continue to court as often as it takes as they live in the hope the judge may make an error in Cabots favour and the claimant (me) is not part of the CFC and has covered all the bases with his CFC pals.

I hold no hope in any up front successful negotiation but we have the case this week (I am right amn't I) and also other one early Novemeber too.

So by then a few other tests will have been though.

I am also chasing Bank of Scotland for 4 accounts they share with the CRAs , 1 of which Cabot are alleging to be the owners of. So I took the Bank to court to have them stop talking about me without my permission (to the CRAs). They have just acknowledged the claim and will have to have a defence in by early Oct. Will be interesting to see what they say about the one with Cabot?

• Haha 1

Information commissioners will do very little other than bump their gums a little and possible chaseup the lesser of you complaint. I don't beleive the ICO understand the complexities and misleading manor of Cabot and friends.

I've just spent the last hour reading this whole thread and I'm shocked that it's dragged on for so long.

Well at least it's, hopefully, drawing to its rightful conclusion.

Good luck DM, not that you really need it ;)

• Haha 1

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Part of the delay was due to my inexperience at the time and foolishly thinking they really would seriously negotiate a settlement, that cased a good 3 month delay while things got back on track.

But we are all chipping away and over theenext couple of months there should be some positive progress for us.

thanks for the good wishes.

Information commissioners will do very little other than bump their gums a little and possible chaseup the lesser of you complaint. I don't beleive the Information Commissioners Office understand the complexities and misleading manor of Cabot and friends.

Yes, but before I go to court, I need to have shown that I have tried every avenue open to me. Court being the last resort. I don't want the judge to think I've gone straight for the jugular. :)

Yes, but before I go to court, I need to have shown that I have tried every avenue open to me. Court being the last resort. I don't want the judge to think I've gone straight for the jugular. :)

I do see exactly where you are coming from with this comment - and you do have every point really. But there comes a point where there is no other way to go and enough is enough - we have to kick their furry little butts then and go court?

It seems the only language these Cabot folk understand ?

I don't want the judge to think I've gone straight for the jugular. :)

In all honesty I think you have given them every opertunity and been very reasonable. when the bank charge stuff was done it was prelim, LBA, court. the ICO were not required before court.

It is just stalling the inevitable. Plus the length of time it takes for the court date to come around you will probably have had your "we are subsidised by the aleged creditor so cannot comment" letter back, go for it man, hit them with the big guns.

do you think they will got to speak to a mediation service to prevent having to take you to court.................no, I didn't think so.

Theres a good chap, you know its the correct thing to do.

Wonder if you should raise it in Men Kaynards name specifically? can we not do that as he is a director. does that mean he may turn up for the hearing? that would be good.

DM

Ooooh I'd love to see Ken in a courtroom. Shame that county courts don't have docks, I'd pay good money to watch that.

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

Theres a good chap, you know its the correct thing to do.

Wonder if you should raise it in Men Kaynards name specifically? can we not do that as he is a director. does that mean he may turn up for the hearing? that would be good.

DM

I do often wonder about naming these Directors on these claims and making the take responsibilty for what they are doing. There are laws that do allow it under "Corporate and Social Responsibilty" where we can hold these people accountable for what they are condoning within their companies!!

Didn't a Director of a Mortgage Company get fined last week in the news? It is an up and coming area of Law and will become more widely known over next few years - so me thinks some Directors had better start watching their steps!!

Nobody is above the Law.

I got a nice 4 page letter from Mr Morgan, but he seams to be failing to understand my claim and is playing dumb.

I have not yet responded to it as he has failed to send me a copy of the revised ammended defence they have allegedly sent to the court.

So, I sent him a little reminder.

"Good Afternoon Mr Morgan,

Thank you for your letter of 21st Sept 2007.

I did have one of my usual 3 page replies ready for typing but as you seem to have failed to have learnt from the Judge telling you that all communications with the court should also be sent to the other party, as you have made comment to a document that I have failed to receive, I find it inappropriate to reply until such time as you send me a copy of the revised ammended defence.

Please provide this within the next 3 days to save me having to ask the court to provide a copy.

Yours sincerely,

DM"

That's really bad mannered of Mr Morgan isn't it? Seems like he been mixing with a "wrong crowd" and their bad manners rubbing off on him

As an acting solicitor he knows to ensure that "all parties" gain copies of any correspondence - it's only polite etiquette to ensure all parties are kept up to date isn't it?

That's really bad mannered of Mr Morgan isn't it? Seems like he been mixing with a "wrong crowd" and their bad manners rubbing off on him

As an acting solicitor he knows to ensure that "all parties" gain copies of any correspondence - it's only polite etiquette to ensure all parties are kept up to date isn't it?

"As an acting solicitor"

well we all know what Actors are like don't we? :D :D