Another HMRC problem

matt5983
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A little background, last year from jan to apr me and my wife split. I told DWP and was told i need to claim as a single parent which i did, then in may last year we decided to give it another go.

Rang them again, told what had happened and the award notice was amended.

Roll on till now, i had the renewal pack through as a joint application which i have filled out and sent back, received a back payment of approx £900.

Then last week another renewal pack came through for when i had to claim as a single parent, the form asked what i had earn't from jan10-apr2010 and if there figure of 9k-33k was correct then dont call but do so if it was not.

Well it wasnt, no way near it......about 3k in total. So i rang them and they wanted to know for the whole tax year apr10-apr11, now i said i have already sent this in on my joint application 2 weeks ago, but was told i still have to do for this renewal.

Told her how much as they thought about 12k, i told her the figure of 6k because i spent alot of time off sick, asked if i had received any other benefits in that time, which i did. Income based JSA, she said i cannot add that on to the figure as they cannot include it only contrabution based JSA they will use. So take 2k off that, she then said i will receive a huge back payment as its half of what they thought i was earning.

Now when i done my Joint renewal i included my JSA as i thought i had to, she said not to worry as they think i earned more than what i actually did so there is no-way i have had an overpayment.

What i'm worried about is that i done the joint renewal and the payments were sorted, then i had to do the single renewal and im afraid its gonna cock everything up and i'll end up owing them money.

Sorry for the long post

Hi Matt.

This appears to be about tax credit, which is dealt with by HMRC not DWP. Can you please confirm what benefit it is that you are referring to?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Hi

Is It?

Its for child tax credit and working tax credit

I think it is too. Here's a link to the HMRC website. On the page where you work out what you could be eligible for, it says the form should be sent to HMRC.

http://taxcredits.hmrc.gov.uk/Qualify/WhatAreTaxCredits.aspx

I hope that helps.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum