Mackenzie Hall Ltd... again

cthulhu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK we have read alot about them too late.

Lets start at the beginning and go on from there.

We first heard from Mackenzie Hall approx. 3weeks ago.

Replied, asking what it was regarding as it wasnt made clear or even hinted upon.

Then they replied,

that there was a debt (which we know of from 5 or 6 years back,) for £1412.75

and demanded an immediate payment and monthly payment thereafter of roughly 40 pcm.

We replied this morning stating how we were on benefits and cannot afford to pay said amount on a regular occurance, but that we would pay the initial payment. NO PAYMENT MADE YET!

The Citizens Advice Bureau were approached when the debt was first created, they attempted to make contact on many occasions, by both mail and phone to whomever the debt was in the hands of at given time (will have to check with CAB for exact details) with no replies except one refusing offered reduced payments (with actalogue, before Mackenzie Hall Ltds involvement).

As contact has been made, and knowledge of debt accepted we are unsure where this leaves us. for the future and as we both (my fiance and I) suffer from Mental Health issues it is extremely concerning.

Any help / advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Cthulhu

It is common for these peope to go fishing when they are not sure where you are. they send out some kind of communication hoping that if you are there that you will respond. Once you do then they go in for the money.

I expect that what has triggered this approach to you is that if your debt is approaching the 6 year limit for contractual recovery then they start to take extra trouble to locate you.

You need to find out a bit more about the debt and I expect that it will be necessary to make an SAR in order to find out what it is comprised of.

I wonder whether also the fact that you are on a Section might be helpful.

Thank you BankFodder for your on going,

But I do have a few queries following this correspondence and the phonecall.

firstly should any payments be made? A first payment has been promised although we cant affors it as worries were mounting to b oiling point.

second how do we get a S.A.R.???

and what is an SAR?

Isnt it a disease? Oh no thats SARS!

Private Message: thanx so much

post_old.gif Today, 14:33

AIMEE NEATE user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true);

Basic Account Customer

reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif thanx so much

thank you for talking to me mark it helped a lot even though im still scared ****less :sad:

ok right here is a run down of the debts i can remember-

JD WILLIAMS CATALOGUE-£1412.75p which has now been passed on to Mackenzie Hall Ltd.

BARCLAYS STUDENT CREDIT CARD-£550 Maybe more Now This Debt was with Another Solicitors company which i do not have any letters from them and i do NOT no longer know who this debt is with.

FSF BOOK CLUB-£75 This debt is still with the book club but its in mrs aimee cox (Not married yet ) they want £18.95 a month before i can start paying £10 a month off.

SIMPLY BE CATALOGUE-£390 About cant remember that one this started off just a little debt from ordering laundery :/

I have bt phone bills in other surnames but one was from when i first moved to wales when i was 17 and was scrapped

i later had another bt landline in my exs surname which was for over £300

this is all i can think of as all the rest were sorted out and i manage to pay some little as a £1 i hope this is helpful i will do as you said go through all my folders to see what i have records of but i honestly do not think i have any as left a lot behind after having to move house please contact me back

thank you so much

Aimee Neate

p.s should i pay mackenzie and hall the £40 on wednesday cause to be honest i cant afford to please get back to me asap library is really busy and the arses are only giving us limited time :sad:

• 1 month later...
should i paye them wednesday?

Look if you know that you owe the debt why would you not pay it?

I myself owe debt and have had dealings with mackenzie hall by telephone and by post and I found them ok to deal with.

The way i see it as people take out debt knowing about statute barred and let it run for that period which is shocking.

If oyu owe debt then pay it!!!!!

Hi Aimee.

Please ignore the comments by Dobbers- he may have thought you were

hijacking Cthulhus thread, when in fact you are together?

No do not pay anything yet. But you will have to write to them-do NOT

phone because you need to have everything in writing in this situation-it

is for your protection. .

The first thing to do is to do as Bankfodder suggested and send JD Williams a Subject Access Request. You will need to include a £10 postal order-do not

send cash. I have included the request below, so all you have to do

is copy it and fill in your name [the one who had the account with JD williams]

and address etc. and send it to the catalogue company. After you have done

that write to Mackenzie Hall and tell them that you have written to JD

Williams asking for information under the Data Protection Act, and as the debt

is in dispute, tell Mackenzie Hall they are not allowed to pursue you for the debt

until the dispute is settled.

[if Mackenzie Hall do write asking for the money, tell us on the forum and

we will help you.]

if you can, it would be a help for you to understand what is happening

with Mackenzie Hall by reading other posts on this section. Not only about

them as the more information you learn about how these companies work

and how others deal with them will help you to handle them and not let

them bully you into paying money you cannot afford.

And if you have not already done so, read the faqs on the first page of the

forum-the ones in red.

There are lots of people on this forum who have gone through the same things

as you are, so you are now not alone. Try not to worry nor get stressed in

the meantime.

Here is the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)-it would help if you knew your account number or reference

number when you were dealing with them. If you cannot find it, tell them

the name of the person [or persons]who ordered the goods and the address

at that time and an approximate date of when you were buying goods from them.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................

[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

[name]

I myself owe debt and have had dealings with mackenzie hall by telephone and by post and I found them ok to deal with.

The way i see it as people take out debt knowing about statute barred and let it run for that period which is shocking.

And who made you God? Moral guardian of all? What do you know of other people's circumstances?

The person posting has said they are under mental health, which is a brave thing to say on an open forum, do they need your kind of judgment on them?

As for the reasoning of: "I'll take a debt, then run scared for 6 years so as not to pay", that is nothing short of absurd.

This forum is about helping one another, not coming down on the weakest elements with a holier-than-thou attitude.

Lookinforinfo's advice is sound, should change name to givinoutinfo, hehehe. :-D

~*~ Please click the scales if you liked my post! ;-) ~*~

Dobbers, do you work for MacKenzie Hall?

Gruffle Gaw vs Halifax - £1531.50: ***WON - cheque for £1966.78 received 30/09/06***:)

I'm not a legal professional and my advice is given without prejudice or liability.

If you found my post helpful, please click the scales on the left.

Dobbers - Why on earth are you part of this thread/forum? You are displaying the characteristics of Mackenzie Hall. You are helping no-one. Mackenzie Hall is a money grabbing festering boil on the face of humanity and the sooner it is squeezed the better.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks