ESA support group descriptors?

Quixotic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4707 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, does anyone have a link to the exact descriptors which have to be satisfied to qualify for the support group? don't know if they have changed recently, thought I had a bookmarked page but can't find it.

I'm appealing being placed in the WRAG, got my appeal papers today which are full of inconsistencies and complete contradictions, the DM states they have looked again but because there was no supporting evidence they won't be changing it, so called health professional at ATOS has stated one thing then scored me no points for it! I know it's not about points as I scored enough points to be placed in WRAG but I/my family and my doctor feel that I should be in the support group. The letter states it's been passed onto the tribunals service, can they reject the appeal though? what can I do if they reject the appeal? I did not know I had to initially send in supporting evidence, I wasn't asked/told/my doctor wasn't asked, I do not even know what exactly they mean by supporting evidence.

Any help would be appreciated.

Supporting evidence = something that confirms your condition, or even better supports the descriptor in question. You don't have to provide extra evidence as soon as your appeal, but if you have some, it helps. You definately want to get something that supports the descriptors for the support group you think apply to you for the tribunal. If you make an appeal, the tribunal have to hear the case, either on paper or orally - oral hearings are more likely to be successful.

http://www.newcastle.gov.uk/core.nsf/a/wr_esadescriptorslcwranew1

http://www.newcastle.gov.uk/core.nsf/a/wr_esadescriptorslcwra

Different descriptors apply according to when your medical was - links above to both.

I should be able to go to the tribunal then? it's just on the mass pages that was sent to me today, on a page someone has typed that they request the tribunal service just to confirm that I don't fall into any of the descriptors, so it's implying that they just want them to do that ............ I took it all with me to a doctors appointment today and my doctor even said it made no sense and that there were a lot of conflicting statements by them. Do you know if there's a template for appealing wrag? or is it just the template on the sticky but I think that's for not scoring enough points?

The revised descriptors apply to anyone who is assessed for their ESA on or after the 28 March 2011. They also apply if the claimant was sent an ESA50 questionnaire based on these descriptors before the 28 March.

Claimants who received an ESA50 questionnaire based on the descriptors up to 27 March 2011 will be assessed on those descriptors.

I don't understand the above, I was seen by atos on 01/04/11, the ESA50 form was sent 03/03/11 and received by them on 08/03/11, which descriptors would I have to use?