BCW chasing loan from 2002 settled years ago

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4690 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

just had a letter from buchanan wells dca saying i owe £6000 for a debt that relates back too 2002.thing is this debt is marked as settled in feb 2006 on my equifax report.as far as i am aware the debt was settled fully.thunk we re-mortgaged and paid it off.thing is,what do i do??.just phone th and tell them it is settled and is there on equifax for them to see that,or just igmore the letters??..

cheers

have you got proof you have settled plus it way over statute barred abt 9 years so tell them to go and feck themselves i did it with robinson way few months back now i dont get any calls or letters starting to feel lonely without them love letters they kept sending me with promising date's to the court which didnt happen i got stood up lol

took the loan out in early 2005,settled it in early 2006 when we re-mortgaged.an like i said equifax states it is settled.

As said earlier then.... stat. barred anyway, or close to being stat, barred whether settled or not. Ignore for now unless they persist.

yeah think im going to ignore.they ring once every 12 months and i tell them the same all the time it is settled,send proof i owe.they send demand letter,no statements of any kind....ring 12 months later and say they they have tried to make contact bit never get phoned aswered,which is complete BS..

I am just tryimg to sort out my credit,and dont want this being re entered.original debtor has it listed as settled,buchanan dont have anything listed on either credit ref agency.so can i def just ignore???.

probably dont have proof of it settled,it was 5 and half years back

• 2 weeks later...
yeah think im going to ignore.they ring once every 12 months and i tell them the same all the time it is settled,send proof i owe.they send demand letter,no statements of any kind....ring 12 months later and say they they have tried to make contact bit never get phoned aswered,which is complete BS..

I am just tryimg to sort out my credit,and dont want this being re entered.original debtor has it listed as settled,buchanan dont have anything listed on either credit ref agency.so can i def just ignore???.

probably dont have proof of it settled,it was 5 and half years back

If this is all they're doing at the moment don't waste your time/effort/ink just sit tight and have a cuppa

If it's any consolation BCW are not that bright as recently they threw down the gauntlet on behalf of Lowell, trouble was Lowell sort of forgot to tell them matters were Stat Barred :sad::lol:

Regards

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=