Parking Charge from Premier Parking Solutions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I thought I'd post to get some advice if you wouldn't mind? Today I popped into a shop for two minutes and when I got back outside I had a ticket from Premier Parking Solutions. They want to charge me £100 or £75 if I pay within 7 days. Now I must be totally honest I am aware that you should buy tickets here but I literally was 2 minutes, I ran in and out. Should I appeal as it really seems like an enormous fine for only two mins? I'm not great at this sort of thing and would really appreciate honest answers, if you think I should pay please say so.

Thanks so much for your help, I'm very unsure what to do.

Cat

no

its a 'speculative invoice'

ignore them totally

do some reading in this forum.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi there, I thought I'd post to get some advice if you wouldn't mind? Today I popped into a shop for two minutes and when I got back outside I had a ticket from Premier Parking Solutions. They want to charge me £100 or £75 if I pay within 7 days. Now I must be totally honest I am aware that you should buy tickets here but I literally was 2 minutes, I ran in and out. Should I appeal as it really seems like an enormous fine for only two mins? I'm not great at this sort of thing and would really appreciate honest answers, if you think I should pay please say so.

Thanks so much for your help, I'm very unsure what to do.

Cat

Hi there. Feel free to ignore them as dx states. No point in appealing as you will get the standard 'appeal rejected' template response. Be prepared for a few 'threatograms' however from PPS and thier DCA's/'Solicitors' but they will give up after approx 5-6.

Just ignore it and don`t even bother to contact them as its a waste of a stamp.

Someone may let you know what scary letters from debt collectors and solicitors(so called) that you may get but just ignore it and smile!

They are private companies that cannot issue fines only invoices that are not enforceable.

If worried then get back on here but DON`T pay them a penny, I would rather you sent it to me!

So today you can celebrate the fact that you nearly got "HAD" by con artists and you found this site first!

By now you should have a big grin on your face:-D

I too was worried about my NCP ticket but know I know and tell all the people I know about it to save them money.

(and I took a bit of convincing)!

It may follow with scary red ink on paper with scary words but thats all they are and intended to frighten people into paying towards their big lush houses while we all work hard for a living.

Thanks I thought that might be the response. I have however looked at other places on the net and they say to ignore the letters if you feel it is an unfair ticket. My charge actually probably was fair because I parked there and didn't buy a ticket. I'm worried if they do take me to court I could end up paying a lot more money than if I just pay it now because I have no leg to stand on. I really can't afford to pay a lot of money on court fees etc.

It won`t go to court, they would lose.

Just ignore and read more similar posts on here until you are convinced.

It is the same as if I sent you an invoice (camouflaged as a fine) because I dont like the colour of your shoes and you have to pay me £1000

Would you pay? I hope not!

Would I take you to court? I would be silly to try!

Private companies cannot enforce this type of thing or issue fines , the only people that can do this for these types of offences are the council traffic wardens or the police.

So dont panic! And Relax!:-D

Think of it this way, if you feel that you should have paid for your 2 min stay, would you be happy to pay £75 for 2 mins parking?If so then pay them. If you feel it is unfair then dont pay.They have no right to be asking you to pay such a silly ammount of money.My advice and everyone elses advice is to IGNORE them. This advice is free but if you want to you could pay me £75 for 2 mins of my time!

hello all:-)

I have however looked at other places on the net and they say to ignore the letters if you feel it is an unfair ticket. My charge actually probably was fair because I parked there and didn't buy a ticket.

Yeah, we don't know what Martin Lewis is playing at here. 'Unfair' is a woolly term - what does contract law tell us?

The law is quite clear on this - the 'fair' amount is the actual loss you have caused them by your actions (assuming they have a valid contract with the landowner, and you yourself entered into a contract with them).

Two minutes would equate to no loss. There is also legal term - de minimis ie. the law does not concern itself with trifles (seriously!).

A judge would not be impressed by someone wasting court time trying to extract £100 for 2 minutes parking.

Incidentally, Premier Parking Solutions have never ever taken anyone to court anyway.

Just ignore.