workfare

leasky32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4707 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well today i received my letter confirming my interview for the work programme, im dreading getting shoved on this, sitting in a room with dodgy computers and out of date papers, and all that CV crap and then getting shoved into doing some crappy job for 4 weeks which is no irrelevant to my qualifications, and i hope they will take in consideration about my health, as i can see this making me worse than i already am

im on jsa, i was on esa getting help with the condition management program, but soon as i had my tribunal, and failed that went out the window and i am back at square one, and now im feeling worse than i have been, the medication has knocked my hormones all over the place, im cranky all the time, and i feel like i have been drinking every day as i wake up with a hangover

It's disgusting how they are treating people, prisoners get treated better than people on benefits. Not too sure what you could do to be honest, maybe speak to your doctor? surely if a doctor writes a letter stating that working or doing whatever they are expecting you to do will make your illness worse then it should matter to an extent? have you tried going to citizens advice?

im on jsa, i was on esa getting help with the condition management program, but soon as i had my tribunal, and failed that went out the window and i am back at square one ...

leasky, if you were still no better after your failed tribunal why didn't you simply re-apply for ESA?

well today i received my letter confirming my interview for the work programme, im dreading getting shoved on this, sitting in a room with dodgy computers and out of date papers, and all that CV crap and then getting shoved into doing some crappy job for 4 weeks which is no irrelevant to my qualifications, and i hope they will take in consideration about my health, as i can see this making me worse than i already am

this is exactly how these courses are seen,windows 95 and the occasional 3.1,out of date papers and yellow pages,little can expect to change.this hasn't worked before and never will and all that will happen is the default intimidation and bullying will reoccur.

leasky, if you were still no better after your failed tribunal why didn't you simply re-apply for ESA?

because i wanted to see how i get on with being on jsa, but ive got gradually worse over time, im dreading going back on esa and getting a fail again, but this time im going to get help to fill it in and get more information on it this time, now i get a hangover from the medication, i want to sleep a few hours later after i woke up, im cranky alot, and lash out, dont hit anything like that just raise my voice as i start to get anxious and stuff, i even hate going to the job center and going on the bus, even going to the bowling club im anxious and stressed out, but after a while i calm doon, that is if i have a pint, so if after the workfare interview i will consider applying again

No worries, leasky, sounds like ESA would be better for you but good on you for trying to see how life in the JSA world would be... :-)

cheers yeah its been hard, i was coping fine until the last few weeks, but its getting harder to put out the cv's and stuff and with my depression getting more down i find it hard to concentrate on job seeking, ive got to get a away from the pc alot, to calm down, but now i found out i have been past onto that working links for 2 years with this new workfare crap, i just hope i don't have to go to rosyth for this, i hope they take my medical history into question and my qualifications

• 2 weeks later...

well after going to the job center to tell me that my details have been passed onto working links, and i asked them for any info on this workfare programme, a couple of sheets telling you the ins and outs

went for the interview at triage, and subsidiary of working links not far from me, stat down for ten mins, got told to go up the stair, spoke to the woman that was doing the interview, sat down and filled in some stuff, waited for at least 20 mins or more cant actually mind how long it was, went for the interview thing, man it was slow going, she was getting help for the system that they use for entering your information, it must have at least took 1hr and a half to fill in some stuff, thought to myself they don't have a clue whats going on either, go so far through it, got told some stuff, went and done a job search for an hour, at the time i could barley keep my eyes open thought i was gonna fall a sleep, i was glad to get out of this place, now i see why they hardly know anything about this, what a waste of time

they will have to take into account medical history there's no escape from it,and make it clear how it affects you,it may be of interest to read up on rights.here for example its just now known as the equality act basically the same.

http://www.shaw-trust.org.uk/disability_discrimination_act_your_obligations_as_