Young lad with lots of debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys new here,

Bassically i owe alot of money to alot of people, i was hoping to get some adivce from you people on here :)

What i Owe:

Barclaycard : £303

Barclays: £115

Payday Express: £240

The money shop: £200

Capital One: £200

Wonga.com: £400

So thats a total of

£1458...

I earn £380 a month.

Whats the best way to go about paying all this off?

Thanks

Ryan Sweet

Hi and welcome to CAG

Can I be personal and ask how young?

There are some great blogs within my signature that will help you to deal with this.

Whatever you do, don't phone anyone. Deal with this in writing. Also have a good read around the forum. There are lots of threads very similar to yours

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Of course :) i am 19, i got into a bad patch of gambling and being greedy i really do need help, im currently under a debt management plan with Fresh Start Finance / Harrington Brooks but i want to stop that. I only have £70 a months to pay these debts off with. could someone help me finding a way of doing that?

Yes. STOP paying for the privilege of paying off your debts.

There are two companies that do not charge. They are Payplan and CCCS although with your disposable income so low, they may not take you on.

You could look at the National Debtline website as they have some sterling info.

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/

Were you over 18 when you took the loans out?

Within this LINK there are some very good letters to help deal with your creditors

Don't worry too much about charges just now except, you put Barclays as a separate entity to Barclaycard. Is this a bank overdraft?

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

National Debtline is another free debt management service and yes they will certainly offer excellent advice.

Do come back if you have any further questions :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You need to get the overdraft charges frozen and paid off as soon as possible. Use the letters in the link I posted earlier to help do that. Overdraft charges cannot be claimed back unless they were due to Financial Hardship.

Can I say that for a 19 year old, you are being very mature by dealing with this however, if you should need them , try Gamblers Anonymous

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk/

I have already spoke to them and rather than spending £100 a week on gambling i spend little as £5 a week so its an improvement!! :) ill speak to debt line tommorow and see what they say

Confession time. I was where you are now and I was about the same age. Every payday, my wages went straight into the nearest slot machine but it took me 10 years to rid myself of the chain but I did it and from the sounds of it, so can you. The temporary high I got was lots better than the despair I felt when I wasn't winning (which was most of the time)

As well as support from GA, you will get it here.

Good on you :-)

Want to just say how lucky you are that you have found this site so quickly, by the time you have payed your debts off you will never forget the help you get from this site,

Gambling is a nasty habbit and i did go through a spell at one point when i was about 21 and thankfully i managed to get out of that dangerous game,

All the best mate

Baz

If it was me i would go with the cccs give them a ring get them to sort out all the letters and communication and WHEN you feel confident i would go it alone, Either way you do it we have massive od advice on here...

What is your gut instinct telling you?

No it wont matter you can only pay them what you can comfortably afford, Ring the CCCS and they will go through everything with you mate. The biggest thing is admitting which you have done, the next big step is getting in contact with them, tell them everything dont leave anything out and as soon as you speak to them i can GURANTEE you will feel a weight lifted, then go and have a cold beer!!

Then get yourself organised, with a folder and labels etc, If you like read my thread which i started when i first come to this site, it goes through the start, the slight problems and all the advice i was given by the experts on here that have done and seen it all!!

If you need anything i come on this site every day so feel free to inbox me

Baz

If your surplus is £70 per month it is unlikely that you'll be able to use a free DMP through the likes of CCCS or Payplan, but there is no reason why you cannot do it yourself using the materials on this site and via the national debtline website.

they key is to ensure that all negotiations are in writing, as previously mentioned.

Getting a realistic budget sheet together should be the first port of call :)