Co-Operative Bank updating my stolen card details - Advice needed

Jimmy Neutron
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last month the Co-Op Bank sent me a letter saying enclosed is your new card as my old one was due to expire. There was no card in the envelope so I called them and they stopped the card and issued a brand new one, new card number etc.

All was fine until yesterday, when I checked my bank account only to find a few card payments that I do not recognise, one being to Credit Expert. I called them and asked where they got me new card details from as I did not wish to continue my subscription (no use for it) and I did NOT furnish them with my new card detail. Credit Expert advised me both over the phone and via email that my bank had given them the new updated card details. I spoke to the bank and they have said this is normal for expired cards????

First of all this is not classed as an expired card as the original went missing in the post, this is classed as a replacement of a lost/stolen card. Secondly, the address details that Credit Expert had for me are completely different to those my bank have.

I have spoken to my bank over the phone and they were very unhelpful and very abrupt, basically because they didnt understand what had happened, the so called Team Leader told me where I worked, a breach of DPA? :-x

What can I do?

The way I see it I did not give authorisation for the Co-Op Bank to given anyone my details, are they in Breach of DPA or any other Law i.e Fraud? :?:

Please advise

Many thanks

not as far as i'm aware

std practice yes.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Its only standard practise when the card is expired not when it has been lost or stolen? Furthermore, the details on the two accounts were completely different, surely alarm bells should have rang out and it should have been flagged up?