We Won

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

wELL EVERYONE HERE GOES DONE 3 COPIES TODAY OF N1 FORMS FOR HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT AND 2 HALIFAX VISA ACCOUNTS THEY WILL BE FILED TOMORROW " i HO,i HO ,ITS OFF TO COURT WE GO"THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP! BANKFODDER CHEERS.REGARDS NIGEL

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one other thing can I apply the same principles as I have to my current account to my mortgage I used to have with the halifax.? G.M.A.C. are currently charging me £30 missed payment and then £50 for every month that I'm behind by one payment Can I do these as well.:? :mad: Regards Nigel

I've yet to see any reason why you can't.....

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Good.But lets only do 3 at a time I'll be going up my own sit-up-on if I'm not careful.I don't know how your managing with the extra work you've set the Halifax.:p I've added a thread with my experience of filing against halifax visa from england Its what the clerk asked me to put in with my Brief details of claim.

THE CIVIL JURISDICTION ACT hope its useful to people.thanks for the help guys.regards Nigel.8)

Has Anyone Done Their Mortgage Yet??????????Did You Do The Same Proceedure??????Were You Successfull???????:-? :-? :-?

Should I still reply to their 2nd offer on my visa 1 now its gone up to £200,It would be polite to refuse it but thankyou for the offer,to this valued customer,who filed the n1 papers last tuesday.they're replying to my first refusal of the 17 August.they've taken their time in replying.Too late anyway.

Hell I've gone right back to page six on the threads.Does it take longer by way of N1 than MCOL.I have an x160 form in that exempts me from charges so that might take a while to process as well.Suppose I've got to be patient.

Since filing my N1 to the court on 29/08/06 I rechecked my spread sheet and noticed that the 8% interest figure has now increased by £13 and so it will until the day that they pay me out.Will I have to reclaim for this difference ie(from filed to court -actual payout)or will they know to give me this money automatically,they automatically know how to add the interest on to my visa account when you think you've paid it off,there's always that little bit extra to pay when the balance reads 0.I wonder should I of put a clause in my claim saying this that I expect the interest to be payed upto the date of payout,any ideas anyone????????regards Nigel

Just had an increased offer for my visa 1 its gone up to £200 the copy of the acceptance form was terrible,their photocopier must be doing some overtime,I wonder why???????????

Assistance & Guidance!!! I sent a prelimenary letter to Halifax asking for a "full & comprehensive list" of all charges and received a standard letter which utterly ignored my request. I immediately sent a second letter demanding my "list" and once again received another letter but still no list of my charges!! Halifax are obviously hoping that I will go away - NO CHANCE! This money may only (!) be a few hundred pounds but they are MY few hundred pounds and I want them back! Should I write yet again or proceed to step two?

Today I received yet another letter from Halifax ( Still no mention of my requested "list") They wrote - Quote: " My recent letter does not refuse the refund of charges incurred on the above account. It is a standard letter issued to all customers, blah, blah" it goes on to remind me that I MUST pay £25 each time I do not make a minimum payment, MUST pay £25 each time my account balance is over my credit limit on a statement date and MUST pay £25 each time a direct debit, cheque or other item is not paid. They follow this up rather sheepishly by stating that it is only since August 1st that we have lowered our fees to £12 as recommended by the Office of Fair Trading!

They end by stating that " We would look at no time to refund all charges and interest incurred on your account before said period. ( In other words, P...Off!. ) Mysteriously, they then add, " I have as a gesture of good will refunded charges to the value of £100, to avoid escalation of your balance at this time" How nice of them! NOT! Interesting to note that when I went along to the ATM to get that hundred out pronto (!) it wasn't there! Surprise, surprise! Any ideas on what I do next? All advice appreciated and, yes, I do hope to make a donation to the forum - just as soon as Halifax make a donation to me! Keep you all posted. Tom.

Hi Thomas,ok ,lets start again did you do the data protection letter asking for the statements?you didn't have the right letter for that stage of the claim Read FAQ's.start with the data protection act letter.asking for the statements.them alow them 40 days to respond.when yopu receive them use the spread sheet template inthe library section to add this up.this adds up the charges and auto matically adds 8% .I'll come to the 8% in a bit.when you know how much the charges have been then send the PRELIM LETTER asking for the refund of them .after 14 days then send a LETTER BEFORE ACTION. you'll get alsorts of good will gestures refuse them as full and final payments.after a further 14 day period do a MONEY CLAIM ONLINE OR THE N1 FORM which you take to court your self its all in the FAQ's and templates library.stray away from this and they will detect that you don't know what you are doing and probably mess you around as seen here.please read the FAQ's its worth it and shows you the right way that will stand in court which is the most important bit.donation to forum don't affect me but please do so as its what makes everyone win and its what taught me to help you go down the right track use the templates in the library and the time scales I've showed you they try alsorts of goodwill gestures and delaying tactics thank them and refuse them (unless they pay in full)and stick to your time schedule as said above.as I believe £12 is the maximum they can charge by the fair trading.The data protection letter will get you results and all the other templates will, its done to the LAW and thats why they normally do as requested.So please read the FAQ's and the leads are within.they will detect that you don't know what you mare doing and probably mess you about.This system works don't try to fix it.Best of luck Thomas you'll find lots of help in this site.Regards Nigel

Please note: Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Or well here goes all three claims issued to the bank,I've posted to jonni2bad the litigation in progress,can he confirm to me that he has received it I'm away for a week so fingers crossed.

Hi Nigel,

Many thanks for your advice. Much appreciated. Yes, I have read (and continue to study) the FAQs and yes, I "framed" the prelim letter in the correct phrasing, but for all the notice they took of it, it may as well have been in Swalihi!! I realise that they are deliberately ignoring my request for a "full & comprehensive " list of my charges and I sent a second letter asking again and advising that they have 40 days to come up with the goods. Still receiving standard letters with no mention of my list but the most recent one stated that they were refunding me £100 as a "gesture of goodwill" Some gesture - I haven't seen a penny of this money yet! Do they send it by cheque? I raced along to the atm (in case they changed their mind but all it contained was zippo!! Mind you, if I DO actually receive this money I will accept it as a partial payment off the balance and continue to molest them for the rest! My problem now is, do I wait for the 40 day period to expire and then proceed to step two or do I ask them again for the list of charges. Unfortunately, I do not know exactly how much I have been overcharged over the years (4 years plus) so, without the list I am really up the creek as they can (can they?) claim any amount that suits themselves. I will keep everybody posted and take this opportunity of thanking everybody for all their help and assistance in advance! ( With the exception of any Halifax *ankers (bankers!) who may be lurking around this site!

Regards,

Tom.

"BINGO"

GET THIS notice of issue 5th sept 2006

sent to them 6 sept 2006

deemed served 8th sept 2006

letter from halifax dated 8th sept 2006 agreeing to pay me in full £8,500 money in bank 10th sept 2006 YOUR GUILTY HALIFAX the speed of this. this would of gone fast track says it all.

don't be frightened of fast track anyone go for it .WE won another one many many many thanks to you all for all that help words fail me.still waiting for visa's £400 each how daft!!!!Now for my mortgage.I'll be sticking around to help others.from the bottom of my heart thanks to everyone.

I have on the 11 Sep sent a letter to Halifax claiming unfair Bank Charges to the amount of £1780. The letter gave them 14 days to give a positive reply. I have today received a letter from their Customer Relations office in Leeds saying they will look investigate and reply within 4 weeks. Totally ignoring my request for the 14 days positive reply.

Should I send the letter warning I am going to file a claim or should I wait ans see?

Can anyone advise please?

You stick to your 14 days.they may reply with a typical fob off letter about bank charges and contacting the ombudsman.In 14 days you send them your Letter Before Action.You may be offered a good will gesture accept that as ONLY a partial settlement and NOT repeat Not a full and final settlement.After 14 days of sending your LBA start court action.Don't wait for them stick to the time schedule.

This is only my advice of my experience.I am not a lawyer.

"BINGO"

GET THIS notice of issue 5th sept 2006

sent to them 6 sept 2006

deemed served 8th sept 2006

letter from halifax dated 8th sept 2006 agreeing to pay me in full £8,500 money in bank 10th sept 2006 YOUR GUILTY HALIFAX the speed of this. this would of gone fast track says it all.

don't be frightened of fast track anyone go for it .WE won another one many many many thanks to you all for all that help words fail me.still waiting for visa's £400 each how daft!!!!Now for my mortgage.I'll be sticking around to help others.from the bottom of my heart thanks to everyone.:lol: :lol: :D :D :smile: :smile:

Fantastic Nigel!!

Really pleased for you - enjoy your weekend mate! :lol:

Morris v Halifax

Data Protection Act letter sent 20/6

Charge deducted from account 27/6

6 yrs statements received 25/8

Prelim sent 30/8 (£1014 charges + £156.11 interest).

Std reply & complaints leaflet received 5/9

Offer received £70 9/9

LBA sent 12/9

No reply to LBA - MCOL requested 26/9

Offer received 26/9 - £218.

MCOL issued 26/9, acknowledged 29/9

Offer 29/9 - full amount ex. o/draft interest

Accepted as partial

Credited to account 12/10

AQ sent for rest

Morris1 v Barclaycard

Prelim letter sent 31/8 (£60 charges + interest).

Standard reply 9/9

Offer 12/9 - full amount!! :smile:

Morris 2 v Barclaycard (Mrsbass!):

Data Protection Act letter sent 7/9

Standard reply received 19/9 inc statements 5/04 to date and microfiche bilge.

Prelim 20/9 £100+interest actual, +same estimated.

LBA 3/10

Partial offer £48 6/10

Excellent news! Congratulations, enjoy your money! :O)

Lucy.

Lucycat vs. Halifax 13/9 - £4496.99 - WON!

Lucycat vs. MBNA (Alliance & Leicester) - 16/11 - Offer of £295 received - pursuing £575.

Lucycat vs. HSBC - 15/11 - MCOL filed - £1438 (& interest at 8% - another £392.49)

Lucycat vs. Capital One 15/11 - Offer of £136 received - pursuing £340.

Lucycat vs. Halifax - Mortgage ERC - 18/10 - LBA sent - £466.32.

Lucycat vs. Halifax - Mortgage Charges - 9/11 - D.P.A. Non-Compliance letter delivered.

Lucycat vs. LloydsTSB - Loan PPI - 5/10 - Statement received.

Lucycat vs. LloydsTSB - 20/10 - Prelim sent for £45 - returned undelivered, recipient has 'gone away'...! :o

* Lucycat vs. Carphone Warehouse - 13/11 - S.A.R. delivered. * Lucycat vs. Volkswagen Finance - 9/11 - S.A.R. delivered. * Lucycat vs. Barclaycard - 15/11 - S.A.R. sent out.

:D :D Its not me well done its you lot out there sharing experiences and knowledge it restores your faith in humanity in this nasty world."POWER TO THE PEOPLE", you people.many many thanks and the pleasure is still there now the bit where you can help others it has to be good when its not just the money that gives you pleasure.eh.but to help others fight these bombastic ,full of their own self importance, arogant organisations.:D :D now going for 12 years of mortgage.regards nigel

:p Oh I forgot about the £250 charges they have charged me inthe past couple of weeks as well,I think they still want to play ball,why can't they just accept game,set and match to me and save themselves a lot of time and pay up.so who's been abusing my account now????????????????:p

:lol: Just rewriten my prelim 2nd claim same account, to say,for charges £223 taken out.this is since you have repaid me back £8,500 from previous unlawful charges.I wonder if they'll want to go all the way this time????????????????:lol: :lol: :lol:

congratulations Nigel can you keep us informed when you recieve your money so we can change your thread title

thanks

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.