can i be made to work overtime

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my employer has contracted my hours to at least 30 a week, i am told this is so all he has to pay on holiday pay is 30 hours, at my interview he mention flexible hours mentioning that sometimes more than a 6 hour day may be required or evenings or weekends which i have so far done more than any other employee, now my home life has changed i have asked just for my contracted 30 hour week which he now has me in a disciplinary meeting for other trumped up reasons while asking me to sign an agreement to a change in my contract for for the hours, can he do this???

What are the trumped up reasons and how long have you worked there?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

not wearing correct uniform even though my line manager and manager don't, taking what the manager considers to be too long on jobs even though i am still faster than my line manager, taking too long on a job because i am the only one that follows correct safety proceedures, and being told my standards have dropped for one t that was not crossed several days ago

How many hours a week have you been working, and how long have you been doing such hours?

Do you have a written statement of the terms & conditions of your employment?

How long have you worked for this employer?

by your own admission your employer stated they may be a need to vary your hours so therefore you can be expected to work overtime, if you have a contract see what it says

in relation to holiday pay the ERA states where there are no normal working hours and they vary; the average of the previous 12 weeks should be used to calculate the entitlement

overtime hours are very sporadic, most weeks, i am lucky to scrape 30 hours and on many occasions haven't and have been paid only the hours i worked, on one occasion this being only 4.5 hours i was paid for a week, which seems like a breach of contract to me so i have been very hesitant to go all out for my employer now as soon as a large contract comes in and i am expected to work all hours while my employer and line manager usually sit at home

As 'RachelMD' stated, you should turn to your statement of employment particulars, if you have bee given one. These should state your weekly working hours, plus a clause related to overtime. Such statement should have been given to you within 2 months of starting work with your employer.

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

whenever there has been less than 30 hours i have only been paid for these hours, if i work 20 hours i am only paid for 20 hours even though i have written confirmation that my employer has promised at least 30 hours,this has happened over and over, where my line manager has never been paid less than 30 hours nor has he ever been made to work over these hours and has a constant pay of 30 hours only, i have a letter from my employer to be signed and returned to him no later than the beginning of my meeting for the other matters as an agreement to change the terms of my contract as all contractual agreements for hours so far have been only what he "remembers" being said at my initial interview, not what was actually said or agreed to, can i take this as part proof in intimidation and having the paid proof of breach of contract???????, please reply???

Hi,

If your initial statement of employment particulars (SoE) state that you have been contracted to work 30 hours/week, then your employer should keep to his part of your contract. Do bring a copy of your initial SoE to that meeting.

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.