h.f.o nightmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya i am writing this on behalf of my fiancee she recieved a letter from hfo regarding a barclaycard debt

the card was allegedly taken out in 1997 and last payment made in 2007 my fiancee has absolutely no recolection of ever having a barclay card so i sent off a cca request for her after about a month i was very surprised to see a photocopy of a cca turn up with what could be her signature on it now if it was anyone else id say you forgot you had it or you are [causing problems] it lol but she is so honest and truthful its painful at times lol so i am just trying to find out the best way of dealing with this becuase she is mentally unwell and i believe it could possibly be her ex partner or his ex business partner to be at the bottom of this matter help please, pebbles

I think in this case she will need to do a subject access request to Barclay card asap there is a template in the library

for this, the cost is £10 .00 send an unsigned postal order this will give you all the documents and data they hold on your girl friend.

I am sorry she is unwell but please reassure her that a great deal of help is available here, if you have any further info please post it up.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

BARCLAYCARD

Data Protection Team

Dept LRC

Northampton

NN4 7SG

ACCOUNTNUMBER XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time. Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you. The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not limited merely to 6 years of historical information.The data I require must include but is not limited to:

• Original Credit Agreement

• Full Statement of Accounts for the entire period

• Copy of any Default Notice issued

• Date of Default

• Copy of any Termination Notice issue

• Date of Termination

• Copy of any Notice of Assignment

• Exact date of assignment

• Details of to whom the account was sold

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10 which is to be used for the fulfilment of this SAR request only and no other purpose. You have 40 days in which to comply.If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable (amend this para if your address has changed)

Yours faithfully,

Edited by the_shadow

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

This site has gone strange, If you look at post # 7 on the link above you will find the template.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

hi, thanks for all replies. have gone through my partners past bank statements from 2005 (which is the earliest i can go back to) to 2007 which is when they say the last payment was made and there is payments to Barclays bank by standing order each month????? We have the account number and card number of the so called barclaycard visa card that is in questiion which was sent to us from hfo...if she phones her bank would they be able to give the account number etc of where the payments went to. There is still the issue of a barclaycard visa card never being issued as far as my partner (and her ex who we have also contacted) can remember!

pebbles

very quickly....just phoned bank and they dont have any info anymore as to who the payment was paid to..ie sort code/account number....only the same as i can see from previous statments that it was a standiong order paid to Barclays. this is so frustrating as i cant remember having this bloody card xxx (this is now pebbles not her partner he kindly got the ball rolling for me so to speak xx)

Hi, Are there no payment ref on the statem

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

The statements show payments were being paid to barclays and the amount but because the last payment was made in feb 07 my bank are unable to access any further info ie sort code/account number of who the payments were made to and what forxx

Hi, I am sorry but am a a loss as to what to suggest now.

If you have the account number and know the address you were living at at the time, call Barclaycard and ask them about the account.

Barclaycard recoveries 0844 556 0066

If there has been identity theft, there are certain steps you can take.

If not, you need to ask Barclaycard exactly to whom and when the account was sold. More importantly, ask for the date of the last payment and see if it matches anything in your statements. If it does, it’s probably your account. Have you moved home since 2007? Or since the last supposed payment?

Is this the first time you have heard from HFO about this? No doubt they have added interest to which they are not entitled.

no worries brigadier thanks anyway

Donkey...I recieved my first letter from HFO a few months ago and yes there is nearly £1000 interest gone onto the balance that I 'owe'. I phoned them straight away for info and told them I was sure the debt was not mine....they were extremly rude. I then phoned my ex husband to see if he remebers anything about us having a barclaycard visa..he comfirmed that we hadnt so I knew its not just my mental state at the moment. i then phone barclaycard and spoke to a very helpful woman we unfortunately imformed me that yes it was a Barclaycard Visa card and it was in my name. The last payment being 1st Feb 07 coinsided with what HFO had said and she also comfirmed that the debt had been sold to HFO back in 2007.

Yes i have moved address since this but always have taken my any payments/bills with me and inform relevant companies mainly because you can never hide from them so whats the point of hiding.

I am absouletly 100% sure that the card in question I did not have.....but...the application copy they have sent me is in my writing and my signiture it is not the agreement for the card it is the approved application form?????? The payments that were coming out of my bank were for (and my ex husband recalls this) was something we used to pay through my bank for his mum who actually has an account with Barclays Bank. On the experien print outs I have it also shows me as living at her address...which I never have so where has that come from???? Unfortunately since the break up of my marrige to her son we no longer talk so cannot ask her for any thing she may remember.

Is it possible that they able to tie payments paid to barclays bank for something else to a card thats never been issued??? I am so lost with this...and been advised in a previous reply that my next step should be to send the £10 with the above letter(previous reply) so I can actually see what purchases have been made and where. Will they actually give that info to me????? (sorry if any spelling mistakes above typed to quick lol)

This is odd. It’s your writing, but you don’t remember it?

Does the payment in Feb 2007 coincide with any of the payments to Barclays from your account? If not, and you suspect fraud, you need to contact Barclays again and ask how the payments were made, ie. from who and when, via which payment method. They are obliged to keep records for six years.

Yes, make sure you get the SAR off to Barclaycard urgently. That will help you discover what’s going on.

Can you post up a copy of the application form, removing your details?

hi pebbles is visiting her family for the weekend ill get her to post the cca when she comes home thanks guys you are helping her a great deal she started thinkin she was finally losing the plot ....pebbles o/h

I am absouletly 100% sure that the card in question I did not have.....but...the application copy they have sent me is in my writing and my signiture it is not the agreement for the card it is the approved application form??????

Thats the important part of all of this, a application form does not a consumer credit agreement make!, whwther signed or not, if it does not contain the "prescribed terms", which they didnt from that date

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

It has been accepted that an application form that is marked as accepted is proof of an agreement>

It has been accepted that an application form that is marked as accepted is proof of an agreement>

Can you elaborate on that please?

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site