CallCredit asking for more info. Why?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4687 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Applied for my £2 report from Callcredit.

Eventually got a letter back saying that "due to our strict data protection principles, we require evidence that confirms your residence at your current address."

They want 2 forms of ID from: council tax demand, bank statement, CC statement, mortgage statement, utility bill, firearms certificate.

Surely my name + my address = my crf.

And seeing as I am asking for it to be sent to my name at my address, that should be enough right?

Are you on the Electoral Role at your address. If you are not on it, they can't verify your name and address. If you are on the Electoral Role, then you should be able to get your report no problem.

Agreed but CC are some time difficult to deal with.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Agreed and usually out of date and incomplete!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

they have nice pebble shaped payment markers though

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

AS some on said you can't polish a tu*rd:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

they are proving to be quite irksome :-x

The only thing on their list I have is a bank statement, so I sent that, my birth certificate (which shows my current address, as I now live back with the 'rents), along with my latest NiCo bill and tax notification from HMRC (as i'm S.E.)

Apparently not good enough for them. I rang them up and the rep said that I could resend the info and they would look at it again, but "if the identification is not acceptable, we would be unable to provide you with the product you have requested."

I thought I had the right to see the info?

Surely they can't just say 'no' for any reason?!

What a load idiots, if you are not you why would you want the information:madgrin:

I know, right?! I mean, I think I'm quite fantastic, but even if I had a stalker who thought so too, they wouldn't go so far as to get my CRF! :lol:

Its the - "if the identification is not acceptable, we would be unable to provide you with the product you have requested" - bit that is bugging me as I thought they had to provide the info.

I gather CC are viewed as the 'poor man's cra' (in my opinion, not necessarily the opinion of cag, its owners or affiliates) but I really wanna see what info they have, especially after the (erroneous) bad stuff I found on my Equifax report.

The credit card I wanna apply for, the site shows that they use callcredit (along with the other 2), so I want to make sure all is spotless before I apply so I get a good rate/limit.

I find this rather suspicious when I did my first check with them, all the asked for was a copy of my photo card l

driving license and a copy of the paper part

Perhaps they haven't got any thing on you and want to make up an entry to send you, my file with them was desperately

out of date and accounts not reported at all.

Applied for my £2 report from Callcredit.

Eventually got a letter back saying that "due to our strict data protection principles, we require evidence that confirms your residence at your current address."

They want 2 forms of ID from: council tax demand, bank statement, CC statement, mortgage statement, utility bill, firearms certificate.

Surely my name + my address = my crf.

And seeing as I am asking for it to be sent to my name at my address, that should be enough right?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PRATTS send them some ''monographed'' bog paper for DNA tests:madgrin:

Always one a bit of OTT-ness I rang the ICO.

Lovely lady Patricia told me to just send a bank statement and a letter informing them that I didn't have any of their other 'acceptable documents', and to ring them back if I get no joy.

As for my bank statement - might as well send the bog paper:madgrin:

I had similar with Creditexpert, AND got my money back by mentioning I was in touch with myself on CAG... guy did an about face and money got returned very promptly.

I think this happens when they haven't updated your file in yonks and gives them some breathing space. Stuff apparently doesn't 'automatically' fall off unless they set their system to do so, and in this day and age they have more files on older systems lying 'dormant' that they don't bother with.

It really is a huge minefield out there, whilst they happily accept incoming data from the DCAswithout any backup they do not like US to request our OWN data without verification in triplicate.

Creditexpert was no problem, equifax were only marginally annoying but sorted out after 1 phone call, and even quite fast at rectifying an error (sorry! but they were)

I kinda hope I do get to ring Patricia again. Amazing accent.. Couldn't be more northern if she was in the Arctic :D

• 4 weeks later...

So it's been over 3 weeks since I sent callcretins every piece of info about me that exists, and had nothing back.

Have rang a couple times and was told it would be 'processing'.

Out of interest, I went on their website as I'd read about their new free access thingy, couldn't find any links to it anywhere, so I thought I might sign up for their 'callcreditcheck' ongoing monthly service.

Odd though, the price is nowhere to be found. It's not on any page. I reckon its probably shown after you fill in all your personal info, but I'd rather know upfront.

Anyone know how much it is? And is there a free trial thingy?

The new fee service seems troublesome to access.

Out of interest, I went on their website as I'd read about their new free access thingy, couldn't find any links to it anywhere, so I thought I might sign up for their 'callcreditcheck' ongoing monthly service.

Odd though, the price is nowhere to be found. It's not on any page. I reckon its probably shown after you fill in all your personal info, but I'd rather know upfront.

Anyone know how much it is? And is there a free trial thingy?

It's called Noddle, you can sign up here:

https://www.noddle.co.uk/?gclid=CIiizKWh_KkCFYENtAodwjmLPg

Just had another look,message is they are still testing and are not ready

to operate yet.