• Tweets

• Please see my comments on your post in red
    • Thanks for your reply, I have another 3 weeks before the notice ends. I'm also concerned because the property has detoriated since I've been here due to mould, damp and rusting (which I've never seen in a property before) rusty hinges and other damage to the front door caused by damp and mould, I'm concerned they could try and charge me for damages? As long as you've documented and reported this previously you'll have a right to challenge any costs. There was no inventory when I moved in, I also didn't have to pay a deposit. Do an inventory when you move out as proof of the property's condition as you leave it. I've also been told that if I leave before a possession order is given I would be deemed intentionally homeless, is this true? If you leave, yes. However, Your local council has a legal obligation to ensure you won't be left homeless as soon as you get the notice. As stated before, you don't have to leave when the notice expires if you haven't got somewhere else to go. Just keep paying your rent as normal. Your tenancy doesn't legally end until a possession warrant is executed against you or you leave and hand the keys back. My daughter doesn't live with me, I'd likely have medical priority as I have health issues and I'm on pip etc. Contact the council and make them aware then.      
    • extension? you mean enforcement. after 6yrs its very rare for a judge to allow enforcement. it wont have been sold on, just passed around the various differing trading names the claimant uses.    
    • You believe you have cast iron evidence. However, all they’d have to do to oppose a request for summary judgment is to say “we will be putting forward our own evidence and the evidence from both parties needs to be heard and assessed by a judge” : the bar for summary judgment is set quite high! You believe they don't have evidence but that on its own doesn't mean they wouldn't try! so, its a high risk strategy that leaves you on the hook for their costs if it doesn't work. Let the usual process play out.
    • Ok, I don't necessarily want to re-open my old thread but I've seen a number of such threads with regards to CCJ's and want to ask a fairly general consensus on the subject. My original CCJ is 7 years old now and has had 2/3 owners for the debt over the years since with varying level of contact.  Up to last summer they had attempted a charging order on a shared mortgage I'm named on which I defended that action and tried to negotiate with them to the point they withdrew the charging order application pending negotiations which we never came to an agreement over.  However, after a number of communication I heard nothing back since last Autumn barring an annual generic statement early this year despite multiple messages to them since at the time.  at a loss as to why the sudden loss of response from them. Then something came through from this site at random yesterday whilst out that I can't find now with regards to CCJ's to read over again.  Now here is the thing, I get how CCJ's don't expire as such, but I've been reading through threads and Google since this morning and a little confused.  CCJ's don't expire but can be effectively statute barred after 6 years (when in my case was just before I last heard of the creditor) if they are neither enforced in that time or they apply to the court within the 6 years of issue to extend the CCJ and that after 6 years they can't really without great difficulty or explanation apply for a CCJ extension after of the original CCJ?.  Is this actually correct as I've read various sources on Google and threads that suggest there is something to this?.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

BBC Whistleblower exposes criminal world of bailiffs BBC1 26th September 9PM

Recycler
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

what about making up a template letter and email address of ken livingston, asking for it to be made sticky, and asking members to send email with their details. if a portion of people using this site did this then i bet there would be mp's etc sitting up and taking notice! they don't affect us up in scotland but loads of people would send it.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what about making up a template letter and email address of ken livingston, asking for it to be made sticky, and asking members to send email with their details. if a portion of people using this site did this then i bet there would be mp's etc sitting up and taking notice! they don't affect us up in scotland but loads of people would send it.
sadly it is important that any letters that are wrote are the persons own work.

This was a great show, I was visited back in march 2006 by one of the companies shown. I had an a agreement to pay in full via switch on the phone on the 18th of the month, I took notes of who I spoke to and everything that was said. Then out of the blue the day before on the 17th bailifts turned up demanding the full amount with added fees. The 2 men were rude, bullies, they shouted and didnt give me and my husband time to think, we were in shock, they wore some kind of black uniform claiming the worked on behalf of the courts and not drakes. When I called drakes office on the home phone he said I was trying to undermind him and called the office on his mobile himself to speak to the person I had asked for, guess which one of us got spoken to first. I couldnt beleive the office had no record of my confirming I would pay with on 18th. I did pay the bailiff in full using a credit card from family member, after they removed several large items from my living room to the hall, no they didn't wait 20mins before picking it up and moving it nor did they put it back and no they didnt worry that my TV cabinate got broken, yes they added extra charges on as they had made the visit that day.

I was so angry at the time but didn't complain as I only had the details of the drakes office (I knew that there was no regulations for bailiffs) and as they had already lied to me once and sent the bailifts round a day early, I knew that they would not be interested in my complaint.

The show has brought it all back, I am upset with myself and very angry again at the way we were treated, I dread to think what would have happened if me or my husband had of been home alone.

When I am home alone I screan my call and ignor my door bell, after watching that show I am concerned to have my windos open.

I

This was a great show, I was visited back in march 2006 by one of the companies shown. I had an a agreement to pay in full via switch on the phone on the 18th of the month, I took notes of who I spoke to and everything that was said. Then out of the blue the day before on the 17th bailifts turned up demanding the full amount with added fees. The 2 men were rude, bullies, they shouted and didnt give me and my husband time to think, we were in shock, they wore some kind of black uniform claiming the worked on behalf of the courts and not drakes. When I called drakes office on the home phone he said I was trying to undermind him and called the office on his mobile himself to speak to the person I had asked for, guess which one of us got spoken to first. I couldnt beleive the office had no record of my confirming I would pay with on 18th. I did pay the bailiff in full using a credit card from family member, after they removed several large items from my living room to the hall, no they didn't wait 20mins before picking it up and moving it nor did they put it back and no they didnt worry that my TV cabinate got broken, yes they added extra charges on as they had made the visit that day.

I was so angry at the time but didn't complain as I only had the details of the drakes office (I knew that there was no regulations for bailiffs) and as they had already lied to me once and sent the bailifts round a day early, I knew that they would not be interested in my complaint.

The show has brought it all back, I am upset with myself and very angry again at the way we were treated, I dread to think what would have happened if me or my husband had of been home alone.

When I am home alone I screan my call and ignor my door bell, after watching that show I am concerned to have my windos open.

I could cry now thinking of it.

The BBC program on Ballifs is a shame. The BBC are in the goverments pupets.

The idear of the program is to make the public cry out for regulation and new laws on ballifs.

so that the goverment can slip in new law for ballifs that they have planed for years

the new laws have allready gone trow

the white paper stage

the green paper stage

and are now a draft stage waiting for parlimentry time.

what the new laws will do is for the first time allow ballifs just to break you door down.

THE NEW LAWS WILL TAKE AWAY ALL THE RIGHTS YOU HAVE NOW AND JUST LET THE BALLIFS SMASH YOUR DOORS IN.

ITs all just one big con

DO NOT PLAY IN TO THE GOVERMENTS HANDS AND LET THEM CON YOU DEMAND THAT BALLIF LAWS STAY AS THEY ARE..

YOU ARE BEING CONES BUT THE GOVERMENT AND THE BBC THE GOVERMENT PROPERGANDAR CHANEL

if you dont belive me read the new bill that they are going to pass here

http://www.official-documents.co.uk/document/cm68/6885/6885.pdf

The BBC program on Ballifs is a shame. The BBC are in the goverments pupets.

The idear of the program is to make the public cry out for regulation and new laws on ballifs.

so that the goverment can slip in new law for ballifs that they have planed for years

the new laws have allready gone trow

the white paper stage

the green paper stage

and are now a draft stage waiting for parlimentry time.

what the new laws will do is for the first time allow ballifs just to break you door down.

THE NEW LAWS WILL TAKE AWAY ALL THE RIGHTS YOU HAVE NOW AND JUST LET THE BALLIFS SMASH YOUR DOORS IN.

ITs all just one big con

DO NOT PLAY IN TO THE GOVERMENTS HANDS AND LET THEM CON YOU DEMAND THAT BALLIF LAWS STAY AS THEY ARE..

YOU ARE BEING CONES BUT THE GOVERMENT AND THE BBC THE GOVERMENT PROPERGANDAR CHANEL

http://www.official-documents.co.uk/cm68/6885/6885.pdf

So come on then, don't keep us in suspense! Tell us which firm of thugs you work for.......

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

YOU ARE BEING CONES

http://www.official-documents.co.uk/cm68/6885/6885.pdf

And why am I being a cone...???

Have I gone all pointy..??? :D

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

err what ?

no im not as dam ballif id gladly shoot any that cross my way in the head.

I dident write the new draft bill the goverment did

its there in black and white m8.

try reading it

its been in the pipe line for years it would allread be passed but the run out of time.

ballifs are **** but that program was a [problem] at least when the bloke new his rights he could see the **** off as you saw in the program.

let them pass the bill and they wont need to get up to anything you saw in program the law will let kick your door in.

please everyone read the draft bill.

anyone whos in debt is screwd if it gets passed

on a dmp forget there kick your door off

debt advisers will be out of a job all the advice they be able to give you is

pay or go for the big B

READ THE DAME THING BEFORE MAKING SILLY COMENTS ON SPELLING AND BEING A CLEVER DICK.

More encouraging is this thread tribunals, courts and enforcement bill

keith the url in my first post is a pdf of the draft for the bill you speek of it makes for some scary reading

its been in the pipeline for years at white and green paper stage.

many belive we very close now within a year to it being passed

they have allread sliped buy fouced entry for ballifs colecting magistraits court fines in a bill no one read.

the crap ballifs get got up to on the program.

has been going for donkeys years but no one cared till it was there door there knocked on.

You have to ask your self why th BBC chose to make the program now.

so close to the coming of a new bill

There other nasty suprises in there for anyone in debt as well as ballif law changes.

News feature from Legal Action

HomePage

Concern over draft Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Bill proposals

September 2006

Alan Murdie, barrister and author of 'New powers of fines officers: a disturbing development', June 2006 Legal Action 32, writes:

The draft Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Bill proposes wide-ranging reforms to the structure and composition of tribunals, judicial appointments, the enforcement of tribunal awards and debt recovery, particularly as regards the law on the seizure of goods. Of particular concern are Schedules 11 and 12 of the bill, which envisage a radical overhaul of the law relating to the seizure of goods. The new regime would apply to all money judgments by the High Court and county court and sums recoverable before magistrates. All common law rules and restrictions on the right to levy against goods are to be abolished, and replaced with a statutory code to be contained in regulations made by the Lord Chancellor.

Distress for rent by a landlord at common law is also abolished. In future, all types of bailiff will be replaced by individuals appointed and approved as 'enforcement agents'. These agents will then be given seizure powers wider than any which have been permitted in England and Wales since the Middle Ages.

The draft bill envisages that when enforcing against the goods of a debtor, enforcement agents will be entitled:

• to break into private dwellings under warrant;
  • to use force against occupiers;
  • to invite third parties on to premises; and
  • to seize money or goods found on premises, including pets.

The draft bill's approach marks a radical departure from the principles that underlaid the common law, which operated to prevent violence against individuals and premises to effect entry. Similarly, rules preventing the seizure of money and items in use prevented the ransacking of homes or breaches of the peace once entry was gained. Of particular concern are Sch 11 paras 24(2) and 31(5), where the Lord Chancellor may make regulations allowing enforcement agents a 'power to use force against persons' in respect of domestic dwellings and goods on the highway.

Enforcement agents will also be able to bring non-qualified assistants on to private premises. Under Sch 11 para 22(2), warrants may also require a police constable to assist an enforcement agent.

Explanatory notes to the bill maintain that its provisions engage both debtors' and creditors' rights, under the European Convention on Human Rights, to a fair trial (article 6), private life (article 8) and the protection of property (Protocol 1, article 1). However, much will be dependent on judicial interpretations of these rights. In practice, there are unlikely to be effective safeguards against abuse despite the optimism of closing paragraphs of the notes that 'sanctions' will exist against improper recovery action. Reforms to attachment of earnings orders, administration orders, and the establishment of debt management schemes are also outlined.

The draft Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Bill, Cm 6885 is available at: www.official-documents.co.uk/document/cm68/6885/6885.pdf and from TSO, £50.30. The closing date for representations on the bill is 22 September 2006.

err what ?

no im not as dam ballif id gladly shoot any that cross my way in the head.

I dident write the new draft bill the goverment did

its there in black and white m8.

try reading it

its been in the pipe line for years it would allread be passed but the run out of time.

ballifs are **** but that program was a [problem] at least when the bloke new his rights he could see the **** off as you saw in the program.

let them pass the bill and they wont need to get up to anything you saw in program the law will let kick your door in.

please everyone read the draft bill.

anyone whos in debt is screwd if it gets passed

on a dmp forget there kick your door off

debt advisers will be out of a job all the advice they be able to give you is

pay or go for the big B

READ THE DAME THING BEFORE MAKING SILLY COMENTS ON SPELLING AND BEING A CLEVER DICK.

dragonlord it would appear that I owe an apology!

Pete

dragonlord it would appear that I owe an apology!

Pete

takes a brave man to say that

apologe excepted glady.

Belive me I wouldent work for that **** no mater

THis why the general public need to know and be informed

had seen the taking pets thing

I can see a ballif geting murdered over that one.

takes a brave man to say that

apologe excepted glady.

Belive me I wouldent work for that **** no mater

THis why the general public need to know and be informed

had seen the taking pets thing

I can see a ballif geting murdered over that one.

Cheers dragonlord.

I must have a proper read of this bill when I get a mo. I shall be asking my MP where he stands on supporting this or not.

Anyone else had a chance to read the bill yet? At first glance it would seem that some URGENT lobbying needs to take place!! :mad:

Pete

Cheers dragonlord.

I must have a proper read of this bill when I get a mo. I shall be asking my MP where he stands on supporting this or not.

Anyone else had a chance to read the bill yet? At first glance it would seem that some URGENT lobbying needs to take place!! :mad:

Pete

notice how the BBC aired the program just after the cloing date for repersentaions re the bill

ODD that dont you think

please spread this far and wide before its too late.

I notice you have to pay £50.30p for a Draft copy of the bill...!!!!!

willl be firing off a few more letters to MP etc

This is just another cheap shot revenue raising scheme from the poor...how long before they open the debtors prison again???

Hi guys, i'm getting angrier and angrier, taking pets indeed, I would do time for that believe me. Nobody has a right to take our 'babies'.

Anyway I am now suitably fired up to want to write to MP's etc etc, but i'm worried I might say the wrong thing, so if one of you lovely peeps would like to word a sample letter I will adjust it accordingly and send it off first class post a.s.a.p.

A massive thank you in anticipation.

They may as well what will pepole have left when lose everything including there pets.

Oh my I don't know who to be more scared of the current bailiffs or the govt. This is shocking news I just can't believe what I have read here.

This is just another cheap shot revenue raising scheme from the poor...how long before they open the debtors prison again???

They'd have to release all the murderers and serial rapists to make room for it first. John Reid certainly won't want to do that before his bid to become PM.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

dragonlord

Can I ask, how did you come across this little gem of a proposal? I hadn't heard a whisper before today and it doesn't look like many others did either.

Pete

Stop worrying guys the new act is a great improvement to the present system.

There was a recent thread on here about the bill http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/33690-tribunals-courts-enforcement-bill.html have a read and stop thinking the worse, this with out a doubt is the biggest step forward in collecting debts fairly for 100 years.