Advice Please - Tax Credits Letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4740 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I stopped claiming Tax Credits in Sept 10 and notified the tax credits office. Back in March I was informed of an overpayment and am still awaiting final information regarding this, I have recently sent in my P60 with a letter. In March I received a letter from them stating that my income was too high and my credits will not be renewed!!! The amount states £42,000 when I only earn £19,000. This looks like a bulk standard letter but do not understand why I have received it. Getting concerned as since then I have received nothing from them. Anyone else had this letter?

Hiya, I've had the same, the reason is that the threashold for been eligable for the working element of tax credits is £17,000. For tax credits child element the threashold is £42,000. If you're family income is more than £17,000 and less than the £42,000 you should still be entitled to the child element. Hope this helps x

Hi thanks for the replies. However they are well aware of my income - several correspondence between Nov 2010 and March 2011. In March I received a Notice detailing my overpayment and was told they would contact me shortly with the final sum. All I have received since is this letter I refer to. I have sent payslips and lots of other income details after I ended my claim in Sept 2010 - this was due to my child leaving education, they even contacted my employer. I am confused and concerned that I have not heard anything else from them. I have been frantically saving to ensure I repay the overpayment in one go. I just don't know why I have had this letter my inome has not changed.