issue with disclosure - county court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4780 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am at the stage of issing a claim relating to sex discrimination in the provision of services. Briefly the circumstances are:

A is the service provider. A has instructed B as their agent in the course of provision of the service. B employs C.

C commits the discriminatory act. Accordingly A is liable as the service provider, and B/C are liable for aiding unlawful acts etc.

I was able to obtain the contact particulars of A for the purpose of statutory questions and letter of claim. I asked A to disclose the particulars of B and C, in order to intimate claims for aiding unlawful acts etc. A has deliberately evaded disclosing those details.

How can I go about compelling A to disclose the particulars of B and C? I am familiar with Norwich Pharmacal orders, but my (potentially incorrect) understanding is that, for this to be the correct type of order, A would have to be no more than a mere bystander.

Thanks in advance.

SV

If I've been helpful, please add to my rep. :)

Thanks for the reply postggj. I didn't refer to the SDA1975, only to the fact that the act amounts to sex discrimination. Apologies if my post was confusing. I don't want to give huge amounts of detail because of the novelty of the situation, to prevent the opponents being able to identify the case. However I will briefly say it relates to a refusal to admit a female to a "gay bar" on grounds of her sex.

SV

I've looked at CPR31.16, however I'm not entirely confident that would be the correct type of application to make - it is not disclosure of documents per se that I am seeking; simply the name and address of potential other Defendants. I don't want to b*llocks things up by making an inappropriate/incorrect application.

SV

A is a very small, owner run business. I am unfamiliar with their staffing structure, but they have failed to respond substantively to any of the pre-action correspondence to date; including my requests for dislosure of particulars of B and C. They appear to be being deliberately evasive.