Victoria Plumbing delivery damaged my patio

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

bought new loo and seat off  victorian plumbing paid delivery charge,

waited in all day and nothing.

It arrived the next day was left round the back of my house and had been dragged causing scratches to my patio.

I complained to VP via email as they do not have phones

they said I had to claim against the courier who was fed ex who then used a third party, VP was not liable.

I thought that my contract was with VP under the consumer rights act 2015, but no matter how many times I tell them they just say I must claim from fed ex.

could someone please tell me who is correct??

• dx100uk changed the title to bought new loo and seat off victorian plumbing - damaged upon delivery - Who is responsible? VP say not us!!

in a way VP are correct and it would be far easier to go after whom delivered it .. however, you say Fed Ex franchised the delivery out? who to?

thread title updated

moved to the postal delivery forum

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You could claim against either. You may as well claim against Victoria Plumbing. We will help you.

Take lots of photographs. Take photographs of the damage and also the packaging – especially the parts that came in contact with the patio and which might have been damaged themselves.

Draft an initial letter of complaint and post it here.

Try to keep it factual. Don't get emotive. Just lay out what has happened – you will include the photographs and tell them that you are holding them liable.

Tell them also that you will be arranging an inspection and a quote by an independent source and that you will provide them with this information once you have it.

Then you will have to arrange an independent inspection to understand the extent of the damage and its value.

Let's see the letter of complaint to begin with

• Like 1

• BankFodder changed the title to Victoria Plumbing delivery damaged my patio