HFO Services Again. Please Help !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4635 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27469[/ATTACH]Hello to everyone at the Consumer Action Group.

I must say after receiving a letter from HFO i was at my wit's end , untill that is i thought something wasn't right with the letter and contents . I Googled them and came across this wonderful forum that took some of the worry of me and my wifes shoulders ( But not entirely) after seeing we were not alone in this.

A few days ago i received the aforementioned letter entitled REMINDER - NOTICE OF ASSIGNMENT.

Now it said i owed £5621.02 For a Barclay card account which i did have but I'm sure it was not for anything like that sum of money . £1500 i think? Is it the 12% interest rate they've added?

Even so i can not lie , i did have an account and i fell in to debt with it . It was such a lot time a go ( about 6/7 years ago) and as time when by i completely forgot about it.

After reading a lot of posts from other posts am i right in thinking that the account is now statute barred ?

My wife is worried that they'll come around to our home and empty the place or remove savings from her account.

The dept was before i meet my wife so is the debt mine and mine alone? we don't have a joint bank account and the house is in her name.

I have applied for a credit check with Experian and should get info back soon.

They don't have any phone numbers and as you've all mentioned i will NOT be calling them.

As the letter states ( which i have scanned and attached) , i have 14 days to get to touch.

What is my next move? Should i request a SAR from Barclay card and send a Prove it letter to them ?

Please can you help to put my wife and myself mind at ease?

Thank you for reading and thank you to this wonderful forum.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27469[/ATTACH]

img070.pdf

Edited by Robguy

cant read postage stamps

use:

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

you seem to know what you are doing

so's your next step is............ring barclays and ask the usual questions from all the other HFO threads

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would first phone barclaycard and find out when the last payment was, tel 0844 556 0066.also ask when and to who the account was sold.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Thanks for info :) Will rescan letter.

Have called barclays but can't remember any of the secerity queations . so have to go into a branch.

Wish me luck :)

Well address at time . I've moved seven times since and can't remember the right address

If you know the house/flat No and the Street/Road, it is easy to find the postcode

Edited by broken arrow

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

To answer your other questions, they cannot take or attach anything to yours wifes' property/belongings/bank account - ever - so you can rest easy on that one.

Follow all of the advice given above, if the visit in branch does not bring the information required, is there a way you can check for yourself when the last payment on this account was made, and to whom. So long as it is 6 years or more (5 in Scotland) then you can safely assume the account is indeed SB. Your credit report should also show a default date. Have you noticed this on any previous Credit Reports? just because it is not appearing on a new up to date one does not confirm anything one way or another.

Gave myself long lunch break and went down to see Barclay's. Spoke to branch manager . He couldn't find any sign of my account on Barclay's system and because it was an old account they don't keep records. Plus the number given by HFO was card Number and not account number.

Should i wait to see if they sent another letter before i send prove it letter?

Any thoughts ???

No payments made for over 6 years i think and as for other credit reports , i had one done last year to open a first direct account and all was fine

Just do some research and try and determine where you were living at the time. You must get the info from Barclaycard to establish if it’s SB. The date of account opening should be recorded on your credit file (if it’s there).

As i was moving around alot (because of work ) , I have no idea were i was when i made last payment. So i should send Barclays a SAR which could take 40 days and in the mean time send HFO a prove it letter and see what they come up with ?

I know the address where it was first registered that should help. The rest are just long shots but given time i might be able to come up with last know billing address using street view.

I'm going through the same palava with this bunch of idiots (HFO) except my debt isn't quite statute barred, and i do want to pay it off, however i sent the CCA request last week which they have 12+2 days to respond to, they didn't respond to my prove it letter!! DO NOT speak to them on the phone either, DO NOT put your signature of any correspondance between you and them, just print your name, if they do try and contact you request EVERYTHING in writing and put the phone down, when you do send any letters make sure it's recorded, the CCA request needs a £1 Postal Order putting in with it, this comes after the Prove it Letter again they have 12 + 2 days to respond to the Prove it Letter, i haven't got around to ringing barclay card yet, so let me know how you get on.Also correct me if i'm wrong someone but if it's statute barred they don't have a leg to stand on in court??????? in the law's eyes 6 years is ample time to track someone down and get payment, you may want to check that.Let me know how you get on, and don't worry, it's easy to lose your mind over this as i'm finding out but the advice in this forum is sound and they know what they are talking about, i have had some sterling advice here!

Cheers guys . The point i was making with streetview was that i know the areas i've lived in but not the street name or house number so i can find that by looking at streetview.

So when i'm waiting for my credit check i'll send a prove it letter to HFO and see were that takes me . If there's anything else you think i should do please let me know.

Thanks for all you help and i'll keep you all informed on how it's going .

Thanks again.

PS . HAVE ATTACHED BETTER PDF OF ORIGINAL LETTER FROM HFO

img070.pdf

Edited by Robguy

Cheers guys . The point i was making with streetview was that i know the areas i've lived in but not the street name or house number so i can find that by looking at streetview.

So when i'm waiting for my credit check i'll send a prove it letter to HFO and see were that takes me . If there's anything else you think i should do please let me know.

Thanks for all you help and i'll keep you all informed on how it's going .

Thanks again.

PS . HAVE ATTACHED BETTER PDF OF ORIGINAL LETTER FROM HFO

[sigh] This company really are the pits... if they (Barclays or HFO) have not sent you annual statements of account then they are not entitled to add ANY interest to the debt until they do so.

S.

You must refute the content of that letter by stating you have NOT been previously advised of any assignment. This is the trick they pull to try and claim interest. They have been sitting on these accounts for years – I would aver that attempting to extort interest in this manner when they are not entitled to it (and, as the shadow states there have been no statements or arrears notices) is bordering on the F word.

Hi Donkey and thanks.

Before i refute the content of the letter , should i wait for the return of my credit report i requested ( Should get it within a few days) and get as much info on the matter from Barclay's using a SAR. I was also waiting for credit report before sending prove it letter . Is this wise??

Also is there a template letter on the forum i can send to HFO, blocking their attempts to extort the added interest? But in doing this first would it not be saying to them that i acknowledge debt and HFO upping their pursuit of said debt.

You just simply say that they imply they have previously written to you about a debt of which you have no knowledge, alleging an NoA had previously been sent. You deny any such letters have been sent to you.

Just received a letter from HFO asking me to call with in 72 hours ( which i won't) or debt will go to court.

Funny thing is got first letter on 4th with 14 days to call and 7 days later get second asking to call in 72 hrs . weird.

I guess it is HFO's way of scaring you into calling them .

Must send Prove it letter tonight.

Please find attached my 2nd letter.

If you could please read it and let me know if i should be worried about this?

Still waiting for Credit report but have send a prove it note to them.

My next aim is to send a SAR to Barclay's. Is there anything else i should do in the mean time?

Please help getting a bit worried about it going to court.

img071.pdf