No help from DirectGov or Police on fake eBay job

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4644 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a very intimidating letter from Iqor this morning demanding payment within 72 hours or they will take court action, which may in turn add interest to my debt as well as addition of legal expenses and affecting my credit rating.

I am not sure as to how to proceed. Shall I pay and try to recover this later from Paypal or shall I stay put and not pay? I am in the middle of a mortgage application and do not want this issue to get in the way. Please help

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does your mature ethical side of your brain tell you?

Mine says "Their having a tin bath" And I WILL not EVER pay a single penny to this debt as it is ME who is the victim! Iqor are right up there with the funniest crayoning they send out.

And if they are so foolish as to go marking your credit file with incorrect adverse data and that stops you for getting a mortgage then the claim for damages will rise significantly from £1,000 per incorrect entry to a lot more than 4 figures compensation!

Ignore them, report them, and their buddy's ebay/paypal.

You MUST complain TODAY to the following

OFT&TS via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

The FOS http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

The media http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

Your local MP http://www.writetothem.com/

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

What does your mature ethical side of your brain tell you?

:roll:

.. ... Let me think it through for a moment ......

When the case is lost, Bazooka Boo pays nothing, not a penny toward the cost of the loss.

Correct?

:madgrin:

I am not sure as to how to proceed. Shall I pay and try to recover this later from Paypal or shall I stay put and not pay? I am in the middle of a mortgage application and do not want this issue to get in the way. Please help

:shock:

You already agreed to pay.

It's a part of the User Agreement, to reimburse eBay when they resolve a dispute in the buyer's favour.

If you reckon it's the fault of somebody else who should rather have to pay, then it's up to you to lodge a claim and prove it.

In the mean time, the surest way to lose is to take no notice and if the Police are no more keen to help you out than you were to respond to eBay, I am not so surprised by that.

Thanks Bazooka. I will do that immediately.

I just spoke to Paypal as I know they have written the debt off another two victims of the same [problem]. I demanded to know why I am treated differently. I am another victim of the same [problem] by the same people and also Paypal said they would hold onto any payment demands until their investigation was complete. Well, they said their investigation is complete and that they have been advised to collect the debt. They said they would email me an address if I wanted to complain. I asked if they could stop Iqor harrassing me in the meantime. They said they can't. And I replied 'No, you can but you will not. There is a difference between you can't and you will not as it is you who instruct Iqor' At the end of my argument they finally admitted they will not. How cocky!

Watch this space as I think the story may soon be on TV!

I hadn't realised that there were eBay listing fees also. That is an additional problem – and potentially even more difficult to deal with.

I think that the advice given by Haz is excellent and I can't think of a better suggestion at the moment.

I certainly don't think that you should just ignore it. You must give them a proper considered and formal response and keep a copy.

BANKFODDER. Pls give me a call. Need to speak to you. thanks

I have just spoken to Paypal as I had Iqor today on the phone again. Paypal has told me debt collection will be put on hold whilst Ebay and the police are conducting their investigations and that I will no be receiving any further communications from Iqor in the meantime. I would suggest anyone who is right now being harrassed by Iqor and has cooperated with Ebay fraud investigation team contact this number at Paypal: 02086100150. They should be able to do the same thing for you. Best of luck.

Will be watching CH4 news tonight, and see where this is all going, and to hear their excuses!!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I doubt that anything short of the conviction of the offender will put a stop to this and it is not so much of doubt that eBay would not be bothered to see it through so far. The irresponsibility of eBay should rather be characterised as a certainty.

Yes I was thinking of going into my local JCP just to check...anyone know what the key words are to search on their website???: