NHS hospital boss saying i must pay several PPC PCN FINES!! - Says some people have been threatened with dismissal for not paying the fines.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please could you advise me on car parking charges.

I work at a hospital and was recently contacted by a manager and was informed that I had some outstanding car park fines.

These fines are over a year old and were issued by a private car parking firm.

The private car parking firm had contacted the D.V.L.A. and obtained my details.

The hospital is now demanding I pay the outstanding fines.

Where do I legally stand on this and can they deduct the money for the fine from my salary.

I am under a lot of pressure from the hospital to pay the fines.

I would appreciate any help and advice you can give me.

thank you

ignore..........

its NOT A FINE

its a speculative invoice

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

These charges are a claimed breach of contract between you and the parking company? Why is your manager involved?

If they have used the actual word "fine" then they are in deep doo doo themselves!

Any enforcement would have to go through county court. Very unlikely! If you are in a union have a word with your union rep!

Repeat after me "these are not fines". As for that threat of dismissal , get your union involved, management cannot act in that manner. They are well out of order.

You have two problems here.

The first is very easy to deal with. The parking charge is a standard problem of the kind which has been dealt with many times on this forum. Have a read through the many threads and you will understand the issues and the best course of action.

More interestingly is the involvment of your employers. This is a serious complicating factor which could cause you a lot or problems.

I am not aware that public sector employers conduct their employee relations with very much finesse or sensitivity. They earn private sector salaries but maintain a Nationalised industry mentality. there are no very clear lines of accountability, they can close ranks against anyone they want - and they do so very quickly. It is in their nature and in their culture to do so.

The first thing I would suggest to you is that you contact your union. If you are not a member of a union then join one because if you decide to contest this at all, then this is where I think that it is going to go.

I would normally have said that the parking company has no business disclosing your personal data to your employer - and that may be so, but it is not at all clear.

Although the parking charge is probably unenforceable, your employer may still decide to treat your use of the parking facility as a disciplinary matter. I always find it amazing that so often, people who are meant to be running the caring professions are capable of being the most uncaring, vindictive and jobsworth of all.

I think that you need to join the union. Check your contract very carefully but I suspect that your employer may well be able to treat parking "contraventions" as something rather more than merely a parking issue.

No, they can't deduct it from your salary and it would be a serious matter if they did so. On the other hand watch out for retaliatory action.

These people are not business-people and things can get personal very quickly.

After reading all the comments about the car park "fine" I now realise that I am within my rights to refuse to pay.

There is nothing in my contract about car parking and it is a private company that is asking for the money.

I am in the Union and will seek legal advice if they continue to pursue this so called fine.

Thank you for the advice

• 3 years later...
  • dx100uk changed the title to NHS hospital boss saying i must pay several PPC PCN FINES!! - Says some people have been threatened with dismissal for not paying the fines.