Aktive Kapital

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's entirely up to you, I always like to have the last word which often gets me into more trouble, but if you are confident that it is SB, then by all means inform them that as a result of their actions, you have reported them to the OFT&TS, the FOS, ICO, your MP and the national Media.

If they continue with their idle threats, you will treat this as their continued harassment and you will report them to the Police for the criminal offence of harassment and you will follow this through to court.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi,

AK are under the eye of the OFT who imposed conditions on them in late 2010

5. Aktiv Kapital (UK) Limited shall, when a debt is claimed by a customer or

authorised third party, to be statute barred, take it out of the collection

process until that claim has been properly investigated and the status of the

debt is determined. If it is established that the debt is not statute barred then

collection activity can be resumed by Aktiv Kapital (UK) Limited on

reasonable notice and explanation to the customer. If it is statute barred then

any collection by Aktiv Kapital (UK) Limited must be in accordance with the

Guidance at paragraph 2.14b of the DCG.

The above from the OFT website

I would contact the OFT and tell them that AK are not adhering to the conditions placed on them and that therefore their consumer credit license should be revoked.

Martin g

thanks guy's

although it has been nearly twelve years now. say for instance they did find the original documents in some sort of miracle it would still be statue barred right?

the email which they sent me last time did say that they would not pursue any further as they could not obtain such documents from original creditor and all communication will cease etc but the letter I received today just says about a new deal etc. should I email them pointing out the cca and the statute barred thing or just tell them I'll be complaining to the oft? or both? just would be nice to get some closure on it once and for all. :(

You did say 12 "Years?" Not 12 Months?

If it is the former, then you really MUST forward a complaint to the OFT pronto, it is clowns like this that really do need to have a damn good shoeing!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

They will add it to the pile of complaints, they won't look into individual complaints, but each one will help knock in another nail in their coffin!

yeah I hope so. no wonder they make people's lives a misery.

I've sent several complaints now hope it make's a difference even to other people who goes through what they put them through!

let's get the number's up!

they shouldn't be allowed to trade.

I've had exactly the same with Aktiv Krapital - "no longer persuing" etc. Basically, ignore everything until six years is up. Then it's Statute barred. If any other muppets send a letter, just respond with the dispute letter and a copy of the AK admission - that will make them roll over. If AK can't get hold of an original agreement (was that "Time Computers"?) then no one else will be able to either. Sleep well.

H. x

hi Halibut.

yeah it was Time. I've seen a lot of people on here having trouble with Akive but I'm so glad for everyone's help. they had me climbing the walls a few times a few years ago. Time's Computers were just a night mare.

I still have the email they sent me. I've sent an email back to them after I received their letter over a week ago just to remind them of their cessation in any contact but haven't had a reply!

anyway I've sent them an email with the copy of the email they sent me also outlining that as a result of their actions I've had no alternative than to report them to the relevant organisations. and any further letters will be treated as harassment and reported to the police. and that as they admitted the age of the debt it would be statute barred anyway.

hope I've done the right thing!

I would report them anyway to the local Police for the criminal offence of harassment, breaches of the malicious communications act, and under the CPUTR regs.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1997/40/section/1

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/27/section/1

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2008/9780110811574/introduction

It will not harm asking for advice from the local station, you may be suitably surprised by their reaction.

Some are good, others just don't want to know, depends on how busy they are.

hello all.

just to keep you updated I received two emails from the company this morning.

one said they would investigate further then another one saying that it is statute barred and that the account now has been closed.

hopefully!

Hi

Keep that email somewhere safe (NOT on the computer-print it)

Should another DCA crawl out of the woodwork, send them a copy of that email and tell em to go forth.

Oh yes- Well done :-)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE