Please can somebody advise me? Dekkerboy v CSL/Cap1...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm new to this but I've found your articles, etc, very helpful. I'm not sure where/how to post this yet

but was wondering if you could help me?

I had a Credit Card off Capital One and got into arrears owing to lack of work (agency worker)

over the snowy Christmas period.

I wrote to Capital One and asked them for a payment plan.

I made an offer of payment to them, sent it recorded delivery, and they ignored it.

I started getting calls from CSL on my phone.

I wrote to CSL on several occasions saying I would not discuss my account over the phone and not to call.

I told CSL that I wanted confirmation in writing- from Capital One themselves- that the debt had been passed on to CSL.

I have never received this confirmation.

I also told CSL that I wanted Capital One to respond to my proposed payments and

why they had not done so. I never received this either.

CSL continued to phone so I reported them to Consumer Direct, OFT and OFCom and Trading Standards.

The annoying calls stopped.

I received a yellow postcard from P2C saying somebody would be around to discuss my communication with CSL.

I wrote to P2C AND CSL and withdrew/revoked their Implied Right of Access.

I then received a 'payslip'-type letter from P2C. I wrote to them again and told them I had revoked their implied Right of Access.

On April 1st I emailed CSL and requested my CCA from them. I still haven't received it.

Instead, CSL sent me a letter with the 'Opportunity to save 40%'.

I'm not sure what to do next, namely:

:!:Do I accept their offer?

:!:Or do I write to them again for my CCA?

:!:Do I report them for failing to provide my CCA?

:???:Do I drown myself to get them off my back?

There's so much going on, it's a bit of a struggle.

Please help, many thanks to you all.

:!:Do I accept their offer? NO!

:!:Or do I write to them again for my CCA? ???

:!:Do I report them for failing to provide my CCA? YES

:???:Do I drown myself to get them off my back? NO

Powerless 2 contact may be a part of CSL, have a look at the bottom of the missives you have and see if it says that powerless 2 contact is a trading stylr of CSL.

Then again they may not be.

However, who did you email the CCA request to? Was it CSL? Do you still have the copy of your email in your 'sent' folder'? If so you can send/email powerless 2 contact this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?426-A-letter-when-the-account-has-been-passed-to-another-debt-collection-agency

IF, you haven't then a CCA request should be sent, but IMO you should send it to the OC (cr@pone)

Was the nice yellow postcard in an envelope?

You should report them or rather complain about all three of them to the OFT&TS&FOS.

As for your last suggestion, this might put a different slant on it for you, your in the right place, reclaim your right, stand & fight.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-484772/Grandmother-terrorised-death-bank-wrongly-hounded-16-000.html

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well drowning urself isnt really a credible option. This is a credit card and certainly not worth losing any health over. Many of us have been in similair situations, myself included, and thanks to this wonderful place have succesfully taken the fight back to worthless pondlife like this.

In the first instance, as ur CCA request was in the form of an email (did you get a delivery receipt by the way?), then I would send it again via recorded delivery, or at least with proof of postage from your post office, which is cheaper, with the statutory payment of £1 in the form of a postal order. Make sure you print your name, do NOT sign it. Once they receive it, they have 12 working days (if sent recorded,) or 14 days if by any other method. If you haven't received anything by then, send them the account in dispute letter.

I'll stress again, these "people" are not worth placing your own health at risk, there is NOTHING that they can do to you that is worth that.

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

And BB always puts it better than me :(

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

Bazooka Boo,

Thanks for the speedy reply-

I emailed the CCA to CSL (I requested it on 1/4/11 and reminded them again on 4/4/11). I haven't contacted ClapOne for my CCA but I'll do that asap.

I've kept all the emails sent to CSL/P2C and any email responses they've sent too.

The Yellow Postcard wasn't in an envelope, it was loose. Sadly I sent it back in an envelope with 'no contract' scrawled on it... I sent it to P2Cs 'Accounts Dept' FREEPOST to save a stamp.

Thanks for getting back to me

If you emailed the CCA to CSL then send or email powerless 2 contact the first link I posted in my first response, that is all the correspondence you and powerless need, as when they are told that the account is already in dispute with the previous owners, they normally pass it back to them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

also just remember that anyone offering 'discounts'

then it means the paperwork is un-en

or the debt is made from mostly charges and or PPI.

eitherway, they'll go nowhere near a court through fear of a counter claim or un-en CCA outcome

time to ignore them unless a claim form for court drops through the door.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...