• Tweets

• Just a little something for consideration When a card is compromised, the replacements can be set up to automatically allow or manually re-add, old recurring transactions. The card issuer may ask you to confirm legitimate transactions which they would effectively 'migrate' to the new card Some do - some don't. Some staff on some cards seem to be entirely unaware/uncaring about this. Some card issuers expect you to sort it all out manually.   BUT if the leak is an ongoing lyca leakas it seems - as soon as you or your CC supplier give it to lyca/the leak source - compromised again     A note on security DONT use the same email or phone number for your banking as you do for sims etc. Although a bank eg santander leak would compromise this Infp seems to suggest that single/compromised multi factor authentication customers are priority targets, with more robustly secure cards being hit by 0.00 tests first Consider that the email address is one of the OTP recieving options AND one of the OTP security checks prior to sending the OTP - with the phone number being another So if they've got your card and email (same email for banking and end contact) - and you aren't forcing a phone OTP - you are compromised.  
    • Thanks for posting up the back of the NTK. The good news s that as it does not comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act, it means that you are not liable for the charge as the keeper as I explained in a previous post.  The PC fails for two reasons. The first is that it does not specify the period of parking. All it does is list the arrival and departure times of your car. Obviously that does not include the time taken to drive to the car parking space, manoeuvre the car into the space and later drive from the space to the exit. Nor does their times include things like getting kids disabled people out of and into the car as well as things like returning the trolley whilst still being parked. All of which can add a fair bit of time to the parking period which can then be subtracted from their ANPR times and makes your actual parking time a lot shorter than 118 minutes they seem to think it is. The second reason is that they failed to ask the keeper to pay Schedule 4 Section 9 [2][e]  (e)state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and invite the keeper— (i)to pay the unpaid parking charges You as keeper are now in the clear which is a good reason for you to contact Sainsbury  stating that you are being pursued as the keeper when you are not liable under the Act as well as the oher things I suggested in my previous post. If you don't get it cancelled with Sainsbury this could drag on for months with endless letters unlawfully pushing the price up to scare you into paying.  
    • Brilliant! That's great to hear and honestly pleased I'm wrong, my advice was out of concern. I checked some of your previous posts last night and you've been giving great advice to others at times. Bringing a claim can be serious (counter-claims etc) and it didn't appear you were knowledgeable based on posts so far. Far from an expert myself, just interested and will try to help. I'll sit on the sidelines, best of luck with the claim!
    • Thank you so much for the advice  I will try and up my savings to £500 for the next 6 months. Although I do still have an uphill battle, I feel more able to deal with it.  I hope my experience with the cifas marker helps someone else who finds themselves in that quite horrible situation. It is a huge weight off my shoulders getting it removed.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

#Barclays : HFO CCA default

bigcarpman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4771 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks,

I have a Barclaycard debt which has been sold to HFO.

I sent HFO a CCA about a year ago - they did not reply and in fact deducted the £1.00 payment I sent off my debt!!!

Recently they called again (loads of times!) so I sent another CCA.

16 days have elapsed so they are in default.

Should I now send them a default letter?

Does anyone have any suggestions what to write?

Thanks for your help.

Hi BCM,

You should have addressed their improper allocation of the £1 fee immediately.

If the fee is taken as a payment, this re-sets the Limitation Act clock and could have significant effects on the debt being statute-barred.

When did you last pay towards the BC a/c or acknowledge the debt in writing to BC or to HFO.

Our CCA template letter says :-

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

You should write to HFO saying :-

I note you have allocated the CCA Request fee of £1 as a payment towards the account which you had no right to do.

You must remove the £1 fee showing as paid to the account immediately and, if this is not done within 7 days, a formal complaint will be made to the FOS without further warning.

You are also in default of the original CCA Request of xxdate and cannot, therefore, make any demands for the alleged debt.

Please respond to my CCA Request of xxdate immediately.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thread moved into BC forum.

:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks for your advice. I didn't act on this when it happened because I didn't know - I sent the first CCA back in 2008 and heard nothing further until recently when they called me. During the conversation they told me that my last payment was for £1.00. It was then that I realised they had used my CCA fee as an account payment! I did use your letter template which included the sentence "I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose. " so they must have known full well that they shouldn't use if for an account payment. I've sent the letter as you suggested.

Excellent, and let us know how they respond.

8-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BCM,

Before we move on, I can't see that you replied to my Q in post #2 above - apart from the wrongly allocated £1, when did you last pay towards this a/c.

8-)

Hi BCM,

Dear sir or madam,

I note that you have failed to respond to my letter of xxth April and enclose a copy for your immediate attention.

If you fail to reply within a further 7 days, I will report the matter to the FOS.

In the meantime, this account is in dispute.

Yours faithfully

8)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BCM,

If this isn't what you asked for, what were you expecting. This is at least a personal document and not the normal general T&C's that most folk are sent.

Can you see on there any of the Prescribed Terms - See the Guide to checking credit agreements in my signature.

As they've said nothing about the CCA Fee :-

Dear sir or madam,

Your ref: xxxxxxxx

I refer to your letter of xxdate.

You have failed to address the issue of the £1 fee that I paid for my CCA request, being wrongly treated as a payment toward the alleged debt.

Can you now confirm in writing that the £1 fee had now been re-allocated so it no longer shows as a payment on the account.

Please reply within 7 days or my complaint to the FOS will be made without further warning.

Yours faithfully,

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

My CCA request asked for a 'true copy of the credit agreement'.

The above document seems to be just a simple application form so I assume they are in default.

I will do as you say and send the letter as you have suggested but I wonder if I should once again give them 7 days before I complain to the fos?

I have already given the 7 days in my last 2 letters, so would it not be better to simply go ahead and make the comlaint?

Thanks again.

Just in case you cant use the link to view the document above I'll post it directly here...

latest.jpg

Edited by bigcarpman
addition

Hi BCM,

Read the guide at Link No4 in my signature about how a bank may respond to a CCA request.

What you ask for and what you get in return are two different matters. Most folk get NO personal documents. They just get a set of T&C's for the a/c.

If you don't want to give a final 7 days, that's fine and you can complain to the FOS now about the mis-allocation of the CCA request fee.

8-)

8-)

I think you're misreading the OFT Guide which says the bank does not have to provide a copy of the agreement. They can comply with the CCA request by simply supplying their T&C's.

Have you checked the application form to see if it contains the Prescribed Terms.

8-)

Sorry for the delay inmy response..

I am a little confused, the wording to me seems to say that they have to supply a copy of the agreement.

Also I have previosuly made another thread on this forum about another debt. On that thread I posted a picture of a near identical document to the one above and everyone here told me they were in default of the CCA.

Hi BCM,

I note that Link No4 in my sig're is not actually linking but you can copy the OFT web address and use that to access the OFT guide.

Section 2.18 confirms that the bank is not obliged to send a signed copy of the agreement.

You refer to advice on another thread - when was this advice given. Things have changed dramatically over the last year or so.

Hi and thanks again for your reply.

Yes I agree that section 2.18 indicates they do not need to send a signed acopy but they still do have to send a copy of the agreement (signed or not).

The document I've posted above is just an application form - not a credit agreement and in any case it is totaly illegible (its very blurred).

The othe thread I mentioned was a about a year ago.

Thanks again.

Hi BCM,

Can you confirm if the Application you showed in post #14 was signed by you.

If so, I think they have complied with your s.78 request.

That does not mean they have supplied a document which is enforceable in court action although, with your signature on the Application, a court may now decide in favour of the bank.

It is up to you to defend any such action, possibly by proving that the Application is not enforceable, perhaps because it lacks the Prescribed Terms.

Have you complained to the FOS about the misallocated £1 CCA fee - any response yet.