#bailiffs : Urgent Bailiff Help - Marstons

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last july, i got a ticket from the police as I had gone a few days without getting tax. I sent off the ticket with the debit card details to pay the fine and thought nothing more of it.

A few weeks later, I moved house and have been in my new house since. Yesterday, I got a letter from a bailiff stating that the payment was not made and it had been through court and I now owe £365.00 in 7 days else they will want to come in and relieve me of my belongings!

I called the court to say that because I moved I never recevied anything from them otherwise I would have paid. Is there anything I can do or is it a case of trying to come to an arrangement with bailiffs?

Its also a rented flat so are they able to let themselves in?

... I sent off the ticket with the debit card details to pay the fine and thought nothing more of it. ... I called the court to say that because I moved I never recevied anything from them otherwise I would have paid. ...

Are you sure you haven't paid? What does your bank statements for the time in question show?

Rae

Something has come to light today, this did not go to court. When the fine was not paid to the fines office, it was returned to the police who have issued the bailiffs. It hasnt been to court so the stat dec will not work.

Anybody know what to do now?

Something does not sound correct here. As far as I was aware the Police take you to Court, the Court fines you, you don't pay, the Court passes it on for enforcement. The only way I see it going back to the Police is for an arrest warrant - the Police certainly do not instruct bailiffs.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]