Cabot/jacamo help!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4685 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need a little help with cabot. It all starts at my old house back in 2007/08 when i get a call from jacamo saying i owed them money for goods. I have no knowledge of these items and told jacamo i have left my previous property by the date they claimed i recieved goods.

I was only young at the time and a single mom and was scared of the constant calls and threats of balliffs etc so i felt i had no choice but to start paying. Which i did, i started making token payments then i moved and stopped.

Now fast forward to earlier this year i recieve a card saying for the occupier to call this number and i found out it was a company called cabot who claim my debt had been passed to them. I told them the situation and said i was young and bullied but i thought the payments i made had paid it off in full. (mistake i was nervous i just wanted them off my back)

Since then i requested a CCA verbally and recieved three letters one stating they had recently obtained info comfirmation that i lived here dated 11th march 2011 and another saying

Regarding your query. We've contacted Jacamo and asked them to investigate your query. Although we expect to recieve a reply within 21 days, if the info we need have been archived by the original lender it could take longer. Now firstly they cleverly don't state it was a CCA i requested. and secondly isn't there a 12 day rule. This letter was also dated 11th of march 2011. (it's now 7th of april) and a third letter stating they had taken over my debt but still no CCA.

Today i recieved a phone call from a bullying little toad called adam who constantly tried to twist my words and make me pay saying i'd be getting people to the house and that apparently they HAD sent me a CCA, which i haven't recieved. also bringing up the fact i'd made a few payments and that in a previous conversation with danny i had stated i thought i had paid in full. (he was twisting everything and i was getting tounge tied)

I told him they would get nothing out of me until i saw 'my' signature on the CCA that i never signed etc. He told me he didn't have to send out a CCA which had my signature on it (???)

i said if you don't have 'my' signature how can you prove they sent me the goods. He tried to say oh you have received goods, i said no how can you say i have if there is no signature etc.

He constantly twisted my words and i got annoyed .

I also requested all communication be in writing from now on and he said no we can call you 6 times a day. Is this right? i lost my temper told him to p*ss off and put the fone down, he rang back straight away saying i think we got cut off (calls me by first name) (even though i said it's miss ****** to you) and i said yeah i told you to p*ss off and i put the phone down (satisfying but wrong i know) They have rung since then but i haven't answered, it's horrible not being able to answer my own telephone,

Any advice to get these bullies off my back would be appriciated.

Also because i did make some payments to jacamo before can they say i've acknowledged the debt?

Also i had a look at my credit file on Equifax the other day and it stated the debt is 154 quid and so does the query letter, but the welcome letter dated 23rd march states 157 quid! it's all very confusing for me.

Any help would be apriciated as i have no clue what i'm doing/dealing with!

Hello and Welcome,

I've moved this thread to the Debt Collectors Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

First thing is go to library and get the stop phone harassment letter, send them that (recorded delivery), that stops the phonecalls, in the mean time pick the phone up but dont say anything when they speak if you dont recognise the person hang up, its what I did until they got the letter. Next send the CCA request by letter again recorded delivery. until you get that I would ignore them and their threats, I'm still waiting 2 years later for the boys from Red to come round, if & when (i doubt you will see one) you get a CCA through post it back on here. And we will take it from there. Ignore all their threats because that is all they are empty threats, one more thing until the harassment letter hits their letterbox get a notepad and record time/duration of calls also names of caller if possible, you may need them if or when you make complaint.

Don't worry about them but keep your cool

Edited by padja
spelling mistake

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Hi lanny

Welcome to CAG

The general advice is stay off the phone and going by what you've said you now know why, DCA's will do everything/anything to get money from even if it means bending the rules/truth and they rely on peoples ignorance to give in to the bullying

There's lots that can be done but the important thing is you're now going to start taking control of the situation so try to relax, not easy i know

To follow on from padja and make life a little easier here are links to the letters mentioned,amend them to suit . .

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

Keep your thread up dated with any replies you get and things can go from there

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

sorry I couldnt post links I was on my mobile thanks for that

No problem

R

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

thank you everyone, i will be getting those letters sent out asap. Could i just ask what this 12day rule is and what happens after 30 days if they don't comply? Also i thought if they had brought 'my' debt from jacamo they would have had an original credit agreement that had been supposedly signed before they started ringing me. Also is it true what this Adam said that there has been an ammendment to the consumer credit act stating they don't have to send a signed copy of the CCA out just a copy? I would have thought a blank copy with no signature wouldn't be worth the paper it's printed on?

When you send a CCA request they have 12+2 days to comply failure to do so allows you to put the account into dispute which means no payments to be made and collection activity to stop . . the copy should be a "true" one even though it can reconstructed the details must be accurate for the time taken out, it does not have to be signed in this case

The 30 day rule was done away with a couple of years ago

Sort those letters out for now and chill out, if they ring again try putting the next to a radio playing any kind of rubbish and walk away after all it's them paying the bill

R

Sort those letters out for now and chill out, if they ring again try putting the next to a radio playing any kind of rubbish and walk away after all it's them paying the bill

Nice idea...or i should place them onto my four year old to sing disney songs (she has quite a collection) rather loudly and very out of tune :D

Nice idea...or i should place them onto my four year old to sing disney songs (she has quite a collection) rather loudly and very out of tune :D

Ha Ha Ha . . brilliant idea and don't forget to tell her the person on the other end is deaf so sing as loud as she can

R

Oh dear i have another problem, just found some more info which has terribly confused me. How do i know If Cabot have brought the debt fully...i a way which means they are solely responsible for everything? i read somewhere if they have only part brought it and the OC still have certain rights it could mess up the CCA request? In the 23rd of march letter it says they brought the acciount i held with jacamo but when they sent the the query letter it said they were contacting jacamo about my query ie my CCA request. if they had fully brought the account shouldn't they have all this already?

Sorry to be a pain and ask all these questions i just need the answers so i feel more confident about dealing with them and where i stand etc,

Try to stop worrying

Reading your original post you're very doubtful about the existence of this alleged debt anyway so if because of the pressure put on you you've fallen foul of a fishing exercise whereby they wanted someone with the same name as you there wont be all the correct paperwork anyway but we'll get to that later

As Cabot are the ones doing the chasing they get the CCA request and if the either try to fob you by telling you to contact jacomo or because they have to get in touch with them so it will take longer than 12+2 it doesn't matter as the request still stands

There's letters on here to cover the enventualities so one step at a time

Make copies of your letters and keep everything safe

R

• Haha 1

Lmao, my dad keeps getting calls of Jacamo. It started off like you - they tell him he has an outstanding debt, and he didn't fuss about it and paid it thinging it was legit, then they did it again - he paid it. Then AGAIN, he thought it must be a mistake and threw it away, (that was about 3weeks ago). Anyway, today they kept ringing him telling him he has an outstanding order, he told them he hasn't and she apologised on the phone and told my father he can have a 10% discount, he said thanks, bye. Then she asked what item he wanted a 10% discount on and he constantly had to tell her he didn't want anything! Anyway, she told him to have a think about it and she'll call back regularly to see what he wants 10% discount on.

I didn't think much of it until I saw this - I think they're going to pull the same crap with my dad. ****ing bull**** if you ask me.

• 2 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.