letter says - HFO got a CCJ against me - real?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Statement was from HFO
Of course they are as straight as the day is long when it comes to giving accurate information. ;)

If this CCJ exists & you have no assets HFO are not going to blow a £1K making you bankrupt... it just isn't good business sense they'll get nothing in return.

As for adding interest, unless it is expressly included in the judgement they can add diddly squat, that's why you need sight of it to see exactly what was ordered. If necessary you can apply for a redetermination which, depending on your circumstances be free to do & a judge will order you to pay only what he thinks is reasonable... which could well be as little as £1 per month.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they got a judgment 3 years ago they would need a good reason as to why they had not acted apon it before. So even if it could not be set aside becasue they got it by using your old address, I would imagine they would have to go back to court to get it reactivated. I wouldn't be paying anything untill ordered to by the court, and even then if in receipt of sickness benefits you wouldn't be expected to pay much and when the government stop it (they will be stopping all incapacity and DLA by 2013/14) they get nothing.

You need to get a copy of the judgement from Guilford or TR themselves. There is lots that can be done.

First step is to get a copy of the order and a copy of the N1 claim form.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.