• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Natsmanc v Lloyds

natsmanc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Penny Berryman

Senior Manager

Data Protection Dept.

Lloyds TSB Bank PLC

The Pentagon

48 Chiswell Street

London

EC1Y 4XX

That's the address for the Data Protection Manager at Lloyds. You'd probably have better luck sending your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to this address.

Lucid :)

• Confused 1

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well lesson learnt! To anyone else reading this thread, I can pretty much tell you that if you don't send correspondance relating to claims by recorded delivery, the bank will loose them or state they've not receive them.....they will slow up the claim process by what ever means neccessary.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I am not a happy bunny today! As I am typing this message I have been on hold for 34 mins waiting to speak to someone at my local branch about 70.00 of charges they are going to deduct from my account. Nobody wants to accept my call!!! I have been transferred to Customer Care, then Customer Retentions, and now holding for Manchester branch.

Just spoken to an account manager who has advised me to put it in writing, and the best bit is she said that their are letter templates that I can use on the internet!!!

I asked her to justify how they arrived at the figure of 35.00 for a returned standing order when the price of a stamp is about 30p, she said she can't possibly comment and I should put it in writing. I told her I want to speak to somebody in person about how they justify their charges!

It's like they've got their fingers in their ears or summat, oh I'm soooo not happy! I'm going to take deep breaths and count to 10!

LTSB -claiming back WON!!!

Mint credit card - WON!!!

Morgan Stanley credit card - WON!!!

LTSB credit card - MCOL issued WON!!

Barclaycard - MCOL issued for balance of partial refund 200.00

Gorvins Solicitors - WON!!!

Hi there ! Thank god for that, I too have filed a claim for nearly £3000 from lloyds for charges and they have also indicated they are going to defend the full claim. I will not let it drop and intened to fight it all the way. My court is Northampton and lloyds have 12 days left to actually file their defence......:-| Let me know how you get on please.

Many thanks,

paul.

Hi Paul

I recieved their defence on the very last day, literally last minute! Just be aware that they have adopted some underhand tactics to try and stall for time, for instance with my cliam they said that it was too vague and there was no grounds to file a cliam, like hello? have they not seen thousands of these claims already? Just make sure you send a schedule of charges with your AQ if you haven't done so already, and you'll have to pay 100.00 court costs when you send your AQ back.

Good luck Paul

I am not a happy bunny today! As I am typing this message I have been on hold for 34 mins waiting to speak to someone at my local branch about 70.00 of charges they are going to deduct from my account. Nobody wants to accept my call!!! I have been transferred to Customer Care, then Customer Retentions, and now holding for Manchester branch.

Just spoken to an account manager who has advised me to put it in writing, and the best bit is she said that their are letter templates that I can use on the internet!!!

I asked her to justify how they arrived at the figure of 35.00 for a returned standing order when the price of a stamp is about 30p, she said she can't possibly comment and I should put it in writing. I told her I want to speak to somebody in person about how they justify their charges!

It's like they've got their fingers in their ears or summat, oh I'm soooo not happy! I'm going to take deep breaths and count to 10!

As you've discovered, their really is no point in trying to communicate with them over the phone. The majority of them are purely incompetant, and the ones who are'nt will deliberately give you the runaround. I know its frustrating, but you'll get your revenge in good time. Just keep the other £70 on ice for round 2!

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

I rang Manchester County Court yesterday to find out if they had recieved LTSB AQ, they hadn't and niether have I. They have until the 3rd of October to complete it so it's only a matter of days now.

Fingers crossed :oops:

Hi Nat,

Hang in there, your doing great. You may find that they miss the A/Q deadline, they were 2 weeks late in my case. The court still allowed it though unfortunately. Let us know when you receive their A/Q.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Just rang Manchester County Court, they have recieved LTSB AQ this morning (they had until 3rd of Oct). I am hoping to recieve an offer soon, but I,m going to prepare myself for court just in cas!

Definately always a good idea to prepare for the worst - but fingers crossed you should'nt have to much longer to wait now untill you get your money back.

You should receive a copy of their A/Q in the next couple of days, let us know when you get it.

HI GaryH

I've recieved thier AQ and theyve ticked section A - I think this is what theyve been doing in most cases, isn't it?

Ive been reading through the AQ that LTSB sent me this morning, in the part about witnesses they have said that they intebd to use 1. I dont mean to sound thick, but do they mean that they will be using the solicitors as a witness? I put 0 in that section of my AQ!

I think its pretty much standard practice for S,C,M/ lloyds to request extra time, so I wouldnt be too bothered by that ... just remember it isnt a stalling tactic lol. As for them calling one witness I have no idea about that one. Good luck with your claim.

Zoe

Hi all

Has anyone got an idea how long it takes to get a court date? Lloyds have said in their AQ that they are not available for the whole of October (I suspect they are very busy ;).)

I've been reading thrrough other threads and it seems Lloyds are settling once the court date has been set.

I'm hoping this is going to be sorted out soon because I've aquired another batch of blinkin charges approx 110.00

Ps I've just passed my driving test so I'm really chuffed today :p

Congratulations....it's about time I learnt!

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks Closey n Tiger :D

Wow so you have your court date Tiger... you must be getting excited now?

Good luck with it!

Nat x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Zoe

I have only heard that my case has been transferred to a different court but I still don't have a date. I am going to have to ring them up on monday to find out whats going on. Is it normal to have your case transferred twice?

I have spoken with the court and they have no directions/dates etc for me yet. The lady I spoke to said I should call back if I havent heard anything by the end of next week. I asked her if there are many cases like mine and she said that they were working overtime to clear the backlog of cases against banks :)

Hi Phil.B

I have still heard nothing from SC&M and my case has been transferred to another court (Salford), I called them yesterday and they told me that they have still not processed my paperwork. I don't think I will get a court date until after christmas, it seems to be dragging on forever!

Hi Tiger,

I rang Salford Court today . The man I spoke to said that my case was sent to the judge for directions yesterday afternoon . He said I should be prepared for a "very long wait", because there is a massive queue and claiming bank charges back is "turning into a cottage industry"!!!

He said that I will not hear anything from them for at least 2 weeks as there is a HUGE backlog!

I think it is great that so many people are challenging their banks, so I dont mind how long I have to wait!!

Hi Nat,

What you say is a familiar story at the moment. Courts all over the country are being snowed under with charges claims. My local one, Swindon, is probably one of the worst - if you take a claim form in to be issued it does'nt get served for over two weeks! Hopefully the courts can see that its the banks abusive practices that's responsible for wasting their time.

Let us know when you get your directions, but in the meantime you could get a head start in getting your evidance up together if you like. Most of what you need is in the excellant 'court bundle' in the templates library, plus the McNamara interview, all correspondance between you and lloyds and your statements or account information. If you have a look on my thread (page 3) there is also a 'summery of evidance' which I prepared for my claim and that you should find useful.