Close Credit Management

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in 2003 I had a small motor accident and hands up at the time I was unemployed, in the middle of major debt problems and was driving without insurance. The claim ended up being dealt with by the MIB from whom I received a few letters and then nothing until yesterday when I received two letter in the same envelope, one from MIB (a notice of assignment) and the second from close credit management asking me to contact them to arrange payment of 1300 which obviously in current climate I can't afford to pay.

What do I do? I have only lately got things back on track and improved my credit history and I don't want it going bad again.

statute barred

ignore them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes as DX has mentioned the debt is statute barred, which means that under the statue of limitation act they can not legally enforce this debt. Although the debt still exists they are unable to take legal action to recover, so apart from just asking for payment they cannot do anything about it.

You can completely ignore them, or you can send them the statute barred letter (if your sure you have not paid anything towards this debt within the past 6 years.).

If they threaten legal action then report them to the OFT as they cannot threaten something they are not able to carryout.

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

Thanks folks I had hoped the debt would be statute barrred but I wasnt sure with the notice of assignment only being dated 2011. I definately 100% havent paid anything on this as it has been so long ago i thought it had just disappeared.

I think i will leave the SB letter until i hear from them again. I would rather they waste some of their money rather than mine. I will also be making sure they contact me only by letter as they ring my my house where my 87 year old mother lives and it makes her life hell as she struggles to get to teh phone every time it rings.

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

• 9 months later...

Is there any update on this claim? I believe the claiment has 3 years to raise the claim but then once it has been to court they have a further 6 to find you and try and get money from you?

Going through the same thing from an accident in 2004, but the judgement was made in 2007 so they can still chase.