Hfo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes my copy is pretty blurry too. I can type out the 2 paragraphs if you like.

CREDIT AGREEMENT REGULATED BY THE COMSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

I am applying for a visa credit card, pin and cheques issued by Barclays bank, subject to status. I have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions. I am a UK resident who is at least 18 years of age and am not bankrupt. All the information privided by me is accurate, I authroise you to send me a visa care with the terms stated int he enclosed T&Cs. I am not an existing Providian or Monument cardholder.

I have read section 22 of the T&Cs which sets outs my rights in relation to information about me including my right to object to receiving marketing and I agree that this information may be used in accordance with those terms, including processing outside the EEA. I understand that you will telephone me in connection with my application to gain additional relevant details. I agree that calls may be monitored and recorded.

Then if they supply those exact T&Cs they would have complied with the CCA request. Thie T&Cs are what you must now demand. In the letter putting the account into dispute, you should state what the problems are, viz:

1. No T&Cs supplied with original application form.

2. No varied T&Cs supplied from the time of termination.

(required as per Carey v HSBC)

Then if they supply those exact T&Cs they would have complied with the CCA request. Thie T&Cs are what you must now demand. In the letter putting the account into dispute, you should state what the problems are, viz:

1. No T&Cs supplied with original application form.

2. No varied T&Cs supplied from the time of termination.

(required as per Carey v HSBC)

Thanks again. I will get a letter done and post it tomorrow. I will let you know the next installment in this saga .....

• 2 weeks later...

Please help!!!I have sent the letter to HFO as discussed asking for the terms and conditions etc and I have just received not one but 3 calls to my work. I have told them on the first 2 calls that I cannot talk as I am at work and hung up. On the 3rd call he demanded to be put through to my Supervisor because I keep hanging up the phone. I told them this has nothing to do with my work and he became very aggressive on the phone. I hung up again stating I am going to lose my job. I need to contact someone - anyone to stop them ringing again. If I am not at my desk and they get through to my Supervisor then I will lose my job for sure as I have had several warnings about personal calls to work (ALL FROM HFO LEAVING MESSAGES). I am terrified now. What do I do?

Call Consumer Direct and ask them to contact Trading standards urgently. You can also make a non urgent complaint to the police and get a crime number. Report to your employer that you are receiving this harassment, through no fault of your own and request their support in dealing with this.

Trading Standards via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Call Consumer Direct and ask them to contact Trading standards urgently. You can also make a non urgent complaint to the police and get a crime number. Report to your employer that you are receiving this harassment, through no fault of your own and request their support in dealing with this.

Trading Standards via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

Many thanks for that.

I rang the consumer group and they gave me the number for fair tradings. I rang a gentleman there who was very helpful and informed me that they are not allowed to do this. He asked me to email them with a complaint and that they will deal with this as a matter of urgency. I have done this so will wait for a reply now. I have also wrote another letter to HFO recorded delivery with copies of my correspondence to them stating that they continue to harrass me at work and I have now taken this matter further. They really need to be stopped as they are getting quite abusive and intimidating now.

They are not allowed to inform ANYONE ELSE that you are not taking their calls, they really really need to have a complaint put into the OFT who are MINDED TO REVOKE their licence, I would suggest a draft letter as suc

Dear OFT

FORMAL COMPLAINT AGAINST HFO

HFO - MINDED TO REVOKE

I wish to add my complaint about this company to your list, please take this letter as formal notification of a complaint.

On xxx date they telephoned me at work (against your own guidelines...) three times. (put the details of each call and time they called)

The final call was very disturbing as the person asked to speak to my supervisor about me not speaking to him on the phone... this has nothing to do with my employers and everything to do with the company being extremely agressive and intimidating.

They are already in default of a valid CCA/SAR request (if this is applicable).

I still do not know whether this debt is mine, nor whether it is statute barred, nor the REAL amount that I may owe after xxx time of them first contacting me.

This cannot be fair treatment of a customer.

They are not allowed to inform ANYONE ELSE that you are not taking their calls, they really really need to have a complaint put into the OFT who are MINDED TO REVOKE their licence, I would suggest a draft letter as suc

Dear OFT

FORMAL COMPLAINT AGAINST HFO

HFO - MINDED TO REVOKE

I wish to add my complaint about this company to your list, please take this letter as formal notification of a complaint.

On xxx date they telephoned me at work (against your own guidelines...) three times. (put the details of each call and time they called)

The final call was very disturbing as the person asked to speak to my supervisor about me not speaking to him on the phone... this has nothing to do with my employers and everything to do with the company being extremely agressive and intimidating.

They are already in default of a valid CCA/SAR request (if this is applicable).

I still do not know whether this debt is mine, nor whether it is statute barred, nor the REAL amount that I may owe after xxx time of them first contacting me.

This cannot be fair treatment of a customer.

Is this the fair tradings? If so I have emailed a complaint to them yesterday as I really had had enough. I was not going to put them through to my Supervisor and since their calls were not related to my work then I feel I had every right to hang up on them after stating that I could not talk due to my work restrictions. I share an office and do not wish to discuss this in front of everyone in the office. My work and my private life are totally separate. If he wanted to complain to them about me then he only has the right to do so if it is related to my work which clearly wasn't the case .....

• 1 month later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Steph, did you get any response from the OFT re your complaint? Has anything else happened?

Hi Sorry for the delay, I haven't been on here for a while! I have indeed had lots of contact with someone from the OFT and they are taking this matter seriously. They have done an interview over the phone with me and then sent me some forms out to sign giving them power to use my complaint to deal with HFO.I have sent copies of everything that I have sent to HFO including the letter that they recently sent me saying they are taking me to court for the money as I have never responded (despite me sending in numerous letters to them). They are going to put a case together against HFO and hopefully something will be done about this horrible company and their intimidating behaviour.I will keep you posted.....

HFO just send me the same letter over and over again telling me they are taking me to court as I have ignored all their calls and letters. I have proof of all the letters that I have sent to them and have given the OFT all the copy letters that I have sent proving that I have tried to find out what this is all about. I will gladly go to court and show the court all the correspondence. Maybe the court will get to the bottom of it because I certainly haven't even though I have tried. Hopefully the OFT can sort them out.

Time to inform them that you are happy to respond to every letter (as you have done, mention recorded delivery) but from now on each letter will cost them £25 as they are subject to an SAR/CCA dispute and under investigation by OFT etc...

Should keep them quiet for a while:razz:

Andrew

Escaped the DCA nightmare, now helping others start businesses

www.ukleakdetection.co.uk

Time to inform them that you are happy to respond to every letter (as you have done, mention recorded delivery) but from now on each letter will cost them £25 as they are subject to an SAR/CCA dispute and under investigation by OFT etc...

Should keep them quiet for a while:razz:

Now that is a good idea :)