esa advice

wissey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi could anybody help me i am on long term sick from work my ssp ran out 12 jan i have rang dwp and was asked lots of questions about my illness and told i might be able to get contribution based esa they said they would send me questionare and other forms explaining what to do next that was 2 weeks ago not heard anything will i get any benefits as now not getting anything from work .

Hello there. I don't see why you wouldn't get ESA from what you've said. I would chase them up. Keep a note of the day and time you ring and the name of the person you speak to, in case you need it for future reference.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi, You can apply on line today.

directgov benefits on line,

You can apply for Employment support allowance, thats what I had to do when my ssp ran out.

I was getting income support as well as ssp but when you go over to employment support allowance it was big drop in income for me.

Edited by sj01

• 3 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

• 11 months later...

hi i was on esa contribution based in the wrag my 12 months was up in april so i can no longer claim any benefits as my husband works full time but as you can imagine losing my wage and now the benefits we are really struggling i have sent a letter for reconsideration as my condition as deteriorated since i had my medical with atos dr have not heard anything as yet but after reading some of the threads it seems impossible to ge into support group if i get turned down are they saying i am fit for work would i then be able to claim jsa