• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lloyds TSB - Sending letter today - HELP!!

Franco99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops I pressed tab !!

Start again. I have printed off the N1 form. Issues I have with the form:

1) Top right corner 'In the' whats that?

2) Claimant: Do i just put my Name and address?

3) Defendant: Lloyds TSB and Head Office address?

4) Brief Details of Claim: How much info do i put here?

5) Value: My charges so far, which have gone up since my last letter so i will add that.

6) Bottom Left of N1 form: Defendants name and address. I have already put this, so do i just put Lloyds at their HEad Office Address again?

7) I have chosen not to have a solicitor, is this ok?

8) Claim include human rights?

9)Particulars of claim: Is this the template I can print off from the site that starts 'In the Anywhere Court'?

10) Statement of truth: I will sign myself as I will not be using a solicitor, is that ok?

11) How do i fing my local Small claims Court.

Cheers

Franco

Franco;)

1) Top right corner 'In the' whats that? Your local county court

2) Claimant: Do i just put my Name and address? Yes

3) Defendant: Lloyds TSB and Head Office address? Yes

4) Brief Details of Claim: How much info do i put here? The claimant held a bank account with the defendant from earlier than xxxxxxx until xxxxxx. The defendant deducted from the account various amounts of money in penalty charges. The claimant contends that these charges were legally unenforceable and the claimant is demanding the repayment of money.

5) Value: My charges so far, which have gone up since my last letter so i will add that.

6) Bottom Left of N1 form: Defendants name and address. I have already put this, so do i just put Lloyds at their HEad Office Address again? Yes

7) I have chosen not to have a solicitor, is this ok?

8) Claim include human rights? No

9)Particulars of claim: Is this the template I can print off from the site that starts 'In the Anywhere Court'? Yes Here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-particulars-claim-hard-copy.html

10) Statement of truth: I will sign myself as I will not be using a solicitor, is that ok? Yes

11) How do i fing my local Small claims Court. Look here:

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/HMCSCourtFinder/

HTH

hi,

thanks very much, i will take this in on Friday, So once i have done this, then what do the Courts actually do with my Claim? Is it a case of sit and wait?

Cheers

F

Franco;)

hi,

thanks very much, i will take this in on Friday, So once i have done this, then what do the Courts actually do with my Claim? Is it a case of sit and wait? Is there a time limit on this part?

Cheers

F

Franco;)

Hi Franco

You must take three copies with you to court 1 for court 1 that court send to solisitors and 1 for you. Once the claim is deemed served (probably Tues) the solicitors have 14 days to aknowledge the claim and then they have 28 days in total from the date served to file theirdefence.

I filed my claim on 28th Sept deemed served on the 2nd Oct aknowledged on the 13th Oct and now they have until 30th Oct to file defence. Lloyds tend to do everything at the last moment tho!!!!

Hope this helps

Hi

Is it ok to put that I have held the account from 29/03/06 to the present day?

Also in the Brief details of claim on the N1 form, the template that is provided, it sounds like its a third person is writing it on behalf of me, is that ok?

Also the same can be said for the Particulars of claim, is it ok to write it as it is in the template examples? Also i dont understand 5b in the Particulars

Many Many thanks

Franco

Franco;)

hi midge61

Thanks for your comments, im learning more everyday !!

so what are you expecting to happen on the 30th? Do they normally make a defence, if so what happens then, or is this when they pay up?

Franco

Franco;)

They will file a defence and then you will be sent a copy from the court with an Allocation Questionaire(you will have to pay another£100 when you submit this) They will ask for another 28days to negogiate a settlement which is usually granted. Then you start to write to them and finally when you have been given a court date they will settle about a week before from what I can gather after reading other threads.

hi all,

I am going to the court tomorrow morning just want to make sure i have completed my N1 correctly:

Brief Details of Claim

The Claimant has held a Bank Account with the Defendant from 29th March 2000 to the present day. The Defendant deducted from the Account various amounts of money in penalty charges. The Claimant contends that these charges were legally unenforceable and the Claimant is demanding the repayment of that money.

Particulars of Claim:

1. The Claimant has an account ( Sort Code ?????? A/c number ?????? ) with the Defendant which was opened on the 29th March 2000.

2. During the period in which the Account has been operating the Defendant debited numerous charges to the Account in respect of purported breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant and also charged interest on the charges once applied. The Claimant understands that the Defendant contends that the charges were debited in accordance with the terms of the contract between itself and the Claimant.

3. A list of the charges applied is attached to these particulars of claim.

4. The Claimant contends that:

a) The charges debited to the Account are punitive in nature; are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the Defendant; exceed any alleged actual loss to the Defendant in respect of any breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant; and are not intended to represent or related to any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly enrich the Defendant which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges with a view to profit.

b) The contractual provision that permits the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable by virtue of the Unfair Contract Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999), the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the common law.

5. Accordingly the Claimant claims:

a) the return of the amounts debited in respect of charges in the sum of £????.00 and any interest charged thereon;

b) Court costs;

c) Interest pursuant to section 69 County Courts Act as set out on the attached list of charges or at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

I have taken out part 5b of the particulars as im not sure what that is. Also should I include my sort code before my a/c number?

Many thanks

Franco;)

Oh and also before I go to the court tomorrow, in the event that I were to lose, then I can only lose £120,the payment im paying tomorrow right?

And my charges are for :

O/Draft usage fee

Unpaid D/D

O/Draft Excess Fee

They all ok to claim for?

Many thanks

Franco

Franco;)

Hi

Yeah, pay your £120 to start the claim. Later on, when it comes to allocation (AQ) you may have to pay another £100 depending how much your claim is for. The bank will have to pay your costs anyway, if they settle, or you win.

You can claim for all your charges, unpaid direct debit, standing order and overdraft excess free. Overdraft interest in a tricky one, you can claim it but you need to work out how much of the interest they have taken has caused you to go overdrawn. You also cannot claim any account fee's.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Karl

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

• 2 weeks later...

Right then I have paid my £120 today and put in my claim, so Iwill wait and see what happens, from my understanding i will be contacted within the next 14 days by Lloyds TSB , so anytime before Tuesday 14th November. Then Lloyds will have 28 days from this date to file their defence, so thats the middle of December.

I will let you know what happens.

Cheers

Franco

Franco;)

right, i have my letter from the court with my paperwork all stamped. says that it was issued on the 31 October2 006. Court sent it first class post on 01 november and deemed served on 03/11/06. Defendant has until 17 november 2006 to reply. So do i basically just wait? no need to send anything off to the courts?

Franco;)

No, no need to do anything else just yet - apart from more research, of course! Lloyds will acknowledge the claim in the next week or two, which will then give them an additional 14 days to file a defence. Expect the defence to be filed on the last possible day of the 28, ie the 1st Dec. You will then get a copy of the defence from the court, along with an allocation questionnaire, which you will have to fill out and send back to the court within 2 weeks. This is fairly simple to complete and its purpose is basically just to help the judge decide which track to allocate your claim to. There are guide notes for this in the templates library. Once the AQ is handed back, they should settle not long after.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

hi

Thanks for the info gary. I have just checked and I have been charged another £90 on the 1st Nov, is it too late to claim that now i have actually been to the court and put my claim in?

Franco;)

Yes, I would agree with MB there. Best off leaving it for now and starting again when this ones finished. Its not worth the hassle (and cost) of amending it at this stage.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

hi guys,

I have received a letter from the court stating ' The defendant filed an acknowledgement of service on 7th November 2006, The defendant has 28 days from the date of the claim form with particulars of calim, to file a defence. The acknowledgment was filed by the solicitors acting for the defendant.'

So 28 days from the 03/11/06 is 01/12/06. So its the allocation Questionnaire next then?

Cheers

Franco;)

Yep, you'll get the AQ and defence at the same time.

Hmmm, may not get resolved quite in time for christmas I would'nt have thought. You may be lucky, but it usually takes around 2 months from the time you receive the defence.