style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

cant use the LO - so he's stuffed!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's true that's good news as I keep worrying he is gonna take my car as it's vital to my family wellbeing they don't take it

if he does then there will be templates here to complain to the correct authority, the way these bailiffs act ultra vires, it seems they have all had Common Purpose training.

He would be extremely foolish to use the defunct LO to levy for his fees alone imho

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 2 months later...

It's started again after a few months not hearing from them. My lawyer could not help each letter she sent they sent one back saying are fees are with the law and that the 110 pound fee was for attendance now and not a van. He has been around twice now in a week first letter 48 hour notice to remove goods even if we are not in. And today 24 hour notice to remove even if we are not in. It's upset my wife so much she packed a bag and took our kids to her mums as he keeps trying to get in and she is scared as he comes when I'm not in. Not sure what to do council say I'm paid nothing to do with them. Lawyer can't seem to help. Any ideas

Anyone as he is coming tomorrow and I am trying to work out the best course of action as I feel his fees are way over the top and he doesnt and says tough how do I get them to take me to court over this which they wont do, oh and i dont have 218 anyhow as im on job seekers

all threats

he cannot use the LO to take his unlawful fees.

he wont show.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

His fees are wrong anyway. !st & 2nd Visit may well be correct total £42-50, his levy fee of £41 is also correct according to my calculations meaning you would owe only £83-50, he cannot charge an attendance fee at the same time as his levy is made + his Header H fee is out of order as no goods had ever been removed. In the meantime did you ever get an acknowledgment from the Council that all was paid and the LO settled in full, if so dangle it in front of him and utter those wonderful Anglo Saxon words to him and ask him to take you to the Small Claims Court for his fees.

The Council may well have said they want nothing to do with all of this but it is them that employed the Bailiff in the first place. They should also have spotted his fees were wrong which just goes to show how much they do not know. A further complaint should be made about the conduct of the Council officials who have quoted incorrectly what the bailiff is trying to charge + the ongoing conduct of their contractors.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

His fees are wrong anyway. !st & 2nd Visit may well be correct total £42-50, his levy fee of £41 is also correct according to my calculations meaning you would owe only £83-50, he cannot charge an attendance fee at the same time as his levy is made + his Header H fee is out of order as no goods had ever been removed. In the meantime did you ever get an acknowledgment from the Council that all was paid and the LO settled in full, if so dangle it in front of him and utter those wonderful Anglo Saxon words to him and ask him to take you to the Small Claims Court for his fees.

The Council may well have said they want nothing to do with all of this but it is them that employed the Bailiff in the first place. They should also have spotted his fees were wrong which just goes to show how much they do not know. A further complaint should be made about the conduct of the Council officials who have quoted incorrectly what the bailiff is trying to charge + the ongoing conduct of their contractors.

PT

I only got a receipt from the council showing balance nil no LO as they are useless. They are still saying it's out of there hands I have paid them. I just don't want him taking the car with the baby seats in it

24 hour letter what a crock he never turns up when he says he is going to. Last week it was 48 hours and we are taking your stuff now its 24 hours and we are taking your stuff but he didnt show he does tend to come a day or 2 later then what he says.

Question can he break into my house while im out if no one is in, he has never been in my house before

NO HE CANNOT

dx

and they

24 hour letter what a crock he never turns up when he says he is going to. Last week it was 48 hours and we are taking your stuff now its 24 hours and we are taking your stuff but he didnt show he does tend to come a day or 2 later then what he says. - Buy him a new watch & calendar when you get paid.

Question can he break into my house while im out if no one is in, he has never been in my house before

To be able to force entry to your home he needs the following:

1 - he must have gained previous peaceful entry and made a valid levy on goods, and

2 - next time he calls you must have denied him entry following a default on a payment due, and

3 - he must get the approval of the Council to apply for a forced entry, and if they agree

4 - he must apply to the Magistrates Court for an Order allowing him to force entry - very rarely given, and if they agree

5 - he must write to you giving you a date and time of when he is coming, and

6 - if you are then not in he may make a forced entry

So you are a long, long way from this happening - not that it will, and as you have paid up to date minus his fees then no application to force entry will succeed.

Any hassles with the Bailiff do no disappear overnight and it does take a long time to resolve. As said previously the Council cannot wash their hands of this and if they insist they can do nothing then they leave themselves wide open. As you no longer reside within the same authority then you must complain at the highest level ie the CEO. It would do no harm to also inform the Leader of the Council and his opposite number of what is going on also. As for the Bailiff themselves you must also challenge the fees they are trying to claim. As you paid after the levy was made you may indeed be liable for some fees but definitely not what they are claiming.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]