Is talking to colleagues gross micconduct whist suspended

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i am curently suspended having had 3 hearing so far for failing to act in my role as manager in the protection of vuneralbal adults . If i an caught contacting fellow workers and discussing the case is this gross misconduct . They have printed off 1 private email transcript off my work blackberry showing i have very naughty but because its a work phone they can read my private e mails cos the all go to same in box , but thats a different story

Thanks

All I can say is that in recent years I have known 4 people put on suspension pending an investiagtion in to whatever, that could lead to (and did in 3 of the cases, 1 being my wife), disiplinary action and in all cases the employers said (written and verbal), that contact with anyone inside the company while on suspension is not allowed and if caught could be seen as gross misconduct in itself.

I would say that it sounds like your in enough hot water already, regardless if the info above is right or wrong, it's not worth the risk and I wouldn't do it if I were you.

Hello there. I agree with themoonscrescent. This cropped up on the forum recently and I believe the advice was not to contact colleagues. You have enough problems already, please wait until someone with more expertise than me to comment with more definitive advice before you do anything else.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Well, is there contractual provision that states that you are not to contact colleagues in this circumstance, or have you been instructed not to do so whilst suspended?

Probably best to play it safe and not contact anyone, or, if you feel it necessary to do so for the purpose of defending yourself (ie. contacting a colleague to ask if they will accompany you to a disciplinary hearing), notify your employers in advance of your intentions.

1. don't do it

2. lets start again you have simple but helpful missing words in your post, detail is welcome here :)

3. If you are suspended for failure to protect VA's as a manager, talking to your colleagues would not be my first concern, the allegation would be!

If you are suspended for failure to protect VA's as a manager, talking to your colleagues would not be my first concern, the allegation would be!

I would agree! But I am assuming that (inserting some probable missing words) you have done it already and the have found it?

A suspension is there to separate you from your work colleagues to allow an investigation to go on, and in serious cases (although many employers abuse the practice) that is what is happening. It is to allow the investigation to take place without your possible interference - and for your protection so that nobody can allege that you have tried to "get at" potential witnesses. If you have already done it, there is very little that can be done about it - even without the original allegation it is unlikely that the outcome would be anything other than dismissal. If you haven't done it already - see (1) above and don't.

• 1 month later...