• Tweets

• Yeah I figured, unlikely I'll need credit anyway mortgage all paid off etc so I'll take that on the chin and learn from the experience. Probably would've beaten that too had I remembered the protocol, first time ever going through the process though sob it wasn't familiar to me  Oh well  
    • This is my slightly amended WS taking on board your previous comments, any suggestions for amendments would be most appreciated.  Thank you for you time.   1.        I am the Defendant in this matter. 2.        The facts in this statement come from my personal knowledge. 3.        I became aware of original Judgement following a routine credit check on or around 14th September 2020. 4.        The alleged Letter of Claim dated 7 January 2020 was served to a previous address which I moved out of in 2018, no effort was made to ascertain my correct address. 5.        The Judgement debt was not familiar to me so I began investigations to ascertain what the debt related to and how such a figure had been equated in any event. 6.        I made immediate contact with the Court, the Claimant Solicitors and the Claimants thereafter, asking them to provide me with a copy of the original loan agreement but this was not provided to me.  7.        I sent a Data Subject access Request to Barclays but no agreement was provided – See appendix 1 which details the timeline of communication between myself and Barclaycard as well as copies of correspondence between us. 8.        I do not admit to entering an agreement with Barclaycard in 2000. 9.       The claimant has failed to comply with the additional directions ordered by District Judge Davis and therefore this claim should be automatically struck out.  10.    The claimants have failed to disclose a true executed copy of the original agreement they refer to within the particulars of this claim. They are not entitled to enforce the agreement pursuant to section 78.6 (a) of the Credit Consumer Act 1974 12.   The reconstituted standard Barclaycard agreement that the claimant has included in the court bundle does not satisfy any CCA request and so the claimant is and remains in default of my CCA request and therefore unable to enforce the alleged agreement. 13.  The claimants have failed to provide proof the assignment, such as a deed of assignment. 14.  The claimant has failed to provide a statement of account setting out how the alleged debt accrued under that agreement 15.   Despite numerous requests to the claimant, I have still not seen any evidence, such as an original agreement or deed of assignment, that substantiates the claimant’s assertion that I owe the debt to the claimant, nor evidence of how the debt was accrued. 16.   As per CPR 1.4(2)(a) the court encourages parties to cooperate with each other in the conduct of proceedings in order to try and save time and costs for the parties and to also save the time and resources of the court however, despite vast attempts at mediation the claimants have been most unreasonable and have remained unwilling to mediate. I believe that the facts stated in this Witness Statement are true.  I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth.
    • A set aside application costs £275 which is more than the judgement so not worth it. Not that they would grant a set aside anyway.  Set asides are granted, for example, to people who moved and didn't get the court papers, so have a genuine reason for not defending.  Forgetting doesn't count. Your only choices are to pay up within 30 days, or defy the court and not pay.  If the latter, we've never seen a PPC enforce judgement for a single ticket, ever, you would get away without paying - but you would have a CCJ and a knackered credit file for six years.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Possession of property

monkeyface1312
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4682 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help is required as mortgage company Paratus Amc Limited have sent a letter claiming possession of my property.

The court date has been set for the 21st March 2011 at 11.30am.

The grounds for possession are based on mortgage arrears of £2378.62 over a 7 months period.

I work as a company director and during the past 18 months work has come to a stand still in the construction industry.

I sought advise from my accountant regarding the financial situation of the company and he has advised that the company is not insolvent yet but very near.

I then sought advise from CCCS who advised me to go and sign on and claim JSA and look for work to try and create an income in other fields of work until the construction recovers.

My claim for JSA went in on the 4th January 2011 I have not recived any money for mortgage intrest payment yet

as JSA have told me I have to be claiming JSA for 12 weeks before they will consider the intrest payment towards the mortgage.

I have been reciving £72.76 per week working tax credit and was advised to pay my other debits to creditors at £1 a month from this amount which I have done.

My problem has been that my mortgage company would not accept my £1 payment offer for the time being

towards the mortgage payment until my claim comes through from JSA towards mortgage intrest payment.

They told me that I need to pay them the full amount plus something towards the arrears.

This is impossible on the amount of working tax credit I get as I have another secured loan

to pay as well each month who have accepted a reduced payment of £20 until the intrest payment comes through.

CCCS have told me that from my budget plan my income is at the moment £278 per month my expenditure are £1,659 leaving a deficit each month of £1,381.

I have sought advise regarding my possission as a director of the company and until it becomes insolvent I will still be paid working tax credit and then JSA.

Because I have not got any money now as I have used up my savings to try

and save the company as this has been my source of income for many years even though we have not made much profit it still provided an income until 18 months ago.

I have already put application in for council house with my partner who also is out of work at the moment

as we can not see us keeping the house under the current financial circumstances as we can not pay the amount that is owed and the current money owed is £182,000.

The house was valued at £225,000 when we re-mortgaged away from Northern rock costing us £18,000 ERC (early repayment charge).

At a guess these mortgage/Loan companies have had at least £60,000 of our equity over a 10 year period so far

and now they are seeking possession as we have got into arrears through the economic climate.

I would appreciate any comments or help please from anyone who has been in this position,

thank you

Thread moved to repossessions forum

Hopefully help will be forthcoming soon

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I have received a letter today from leeds city council

saying that they have been notified by my mortgage lender Paratus AMC Limited

that they are seeking possession of my property due to arrears on mortgage of £2378

and added charges at £50 a month plus letter fees plus D/D fees on top of the whats owed on intrest only mortgage of £177305.00

they now say with fees £181009.98 fees are £3704.98.

So they have charged another £1326.36 in arrears letters and charges.

This has been added into the total amount of £181009.98 saying that I owe to pay them in settlement.

They say this amount includes £337.25 solicitors costs.

Dont understand the figures here?

Can anyone put some light on this?

Are my mortgage company allowed to do this as this could impact on me for elligability of

getting re-housed by the council if the judge gives possession of my house to them

and i am made homeless due to them adding on these charges.

My case is due to be heard on the 21stMarch 2011 and the judge has not yet given his decision.

So how can my mortgage provider tell the council they are commencing repossession if the judge has not ruled yet?

Hi silverfox1961

I have entered somemore info to this thred and hope that one of the mods can help with this. It seems to me that my mortgage company are not being reasonable in this case as they have notified my council that they are commencing re- possession due to the arrears on mortgage. I am worried that the council will see this as that I have made myself homeless if the judge gives my lender possession as I am in arrears with my mortgage payments to them. Can anyone give me any advise please only got three weeks to date of hearing.

I am going to report this to the site team with the hope one of them can help

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

please enter new lines when typing

makes it alot easier to understand for the reader.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk

Have you had chance to look at the thred I started regarding house repossession in three weeks time.

If this is not something you can advise me on would you be so kind as to ask another site team member to reply who can advise

Many thanks

Hi silverfox1961

Sorry to keep asking but would you ask one of the team members to take a look if possible at this thred.

I remember a few years ago when I had some financial difficulties with Mechenzie hall debt collectors you helped me, got it all soughted out thanks

from Monkeyface

I have re-alerted your thread but it's a case of who sees it. Best thing I can advise is for you to hunt around and see if you can find a thread similar to yours and filch some info from that

I have been reading through the claim form for possession of property sent to me by my lender Paratus Amc Limited formally Gmac RFC.

Just noticed some payment date issues regarding the payments I have made to my lender over the past eight months.

In section 12 of the particulars of claim Paratus Amc limited have said month of August and September payment was recived.

Cumulative arrears of £400

Payment not recived for the month of October

Cumulative arrears £855.70

I have a bank statment that shows a full payment being made to them and duly recived for the month of October, but in the statment shows no payment on the payment history sheet they have sent to me in the particulars of claim court papers.

Would this be grounds for contesting the statement of truth where they have stated we believe that the facts stated in this form are true and signed.

Can someone give me some advise please as i have a meeting in the morning with housing options regarding my situation.

.Certainly I think the incorrect info in the POC would add to your arguments, as would the fact that your charges are more than the arrears.

This may be of interest to you. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?296126-Hot-news-for-anyone-who-has-suffered-mortgage-arrears-charges-irresponsible-lending-or-other-unfair-lender-conduct

As far as I know until such time as your house is actually repossessed (if it gets that far) the council are unlikely to be able to offer much help. Do you have children or any special circumstances?

If you decide that you want to sell your house anyway I suggest that you try and sell it yourself so that you can be sure of getting the best price possible.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Please take Caro's advice - above and folow the link to the article about the FSA decsions in realtion to unfair mortage charges.

If your arrears are made up principly of charges then it may also be the case that the solicitor's fees which they have incrurred were unnecessary.

This is a bit new but it certainly seems that the FSA decsision in DeutscheBank make it clear that all charges etc must equal actual costs. This is unlikley to be so in your case - and in fact as far as I can see, all lenders use charges as a nice little earner. This means that they are all acting unfairly and in breach of their statutory duty under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.

The question here is how do you introduce the challenge to the court?

Firstly, you must assemble all of your figures so that you understand you position accurately.

Read the Two Final notices from the FSA and see if you are able to identify unfair treatment by your lender in addition to charges.

Have the repo proceedings actually started?

Thanks caro

I have thought about putting house on the market, but house is in negative equity.

I also have a secound mortgage secured against the house for 28k with Blackhorse which was used for home improvments and consolidation of some credit cards some years ago.

Blackhorse agreed to accept £20 per month until first lenders court date 21 march 2011, and then they said they would review my circumstance.

I also run my business from home which is in decline with the construction industrie as it is at the moment no work in progress.

My business bank account has now been passed onto recovieres department I was told yesterday.They said will write to me soon regarding this.

I dont have any children but have a partner who is unemployed at the moment who has lived with me since I bought the house and is looking for work.

It is through the recession that we are finding it financially difficult now and work usually picks up middle of march, but who knows if this will happen this year.

I think this is why the first lender has commenced court action to recover monies and not giving us enough time for work to come in so we can get back to normal monthly payments.

The first lenders know we are in negative equity as well, as prices have dropped on all property.

The Property is worth about £180,000 now, but was valued at £225,000 when we re-mortgaged away from northern rock costing £18,000 ERC.

If the judge gives first mortgage possession the secound mortgage company Blackhorse on 28k loan will not get anything I dont think, but this will depend on how much the property sells for I guess.

Please take Caro's advice - above and folow the link to the article about the FSA decsions in realtion to unfair mortage charges.

If your arrears are made up principly of charges then it may also be the case that the solicitor's fees which they have incrurred were unnecessary.

This is a bit new but it certainly seems that the FSA decsision in DeutscheBank make it clear that all charges etc must equal actual costs. This is unlikley to be so in your case - and in fact as far as I can see, all lenders use charges as a nice little earner. This means that they are all acting unfairly and in breach of their statutory duty under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.

The question here is how do you introduce the challenge to the court?

Firstly, you must assemble all of your figures so that you understand you position accurately.

Read the Two Final notices from the FSA and see if you are able to identify unfair treatment by your lender in addition to charges.

Have the repo proceedings actually started?

What about this?

I have asked my mortgage provider to send to me a copy of all the transactions data regarding payments and any fees etc they hold on my account to establish the dates they have been applied to the account.

I will then cross check the statement against the perticulars of claim POC to see if they do match up.

Maybe worth a mention in your defence that GMAC were fined £2.8m for 'mistreating' mortgage customers. Link here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/oct/29/gmac-fined-mistreating-mortgage-customers

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 4 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.