• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Scabby cat

gatecrasher007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have an 18year old cat. I noticed he had his tail between his legs so had a good look at the tail and noted scabs and that the fur was coming off in my hand with the scabs. I cleaned up the tail with a cleansing water and put some betadine and sudocrem on it, it is now healing nicely after 2 weeks. This last weekend I noted that the same thing happened to his back but the scabs were large and bright red almost raging really, I have treated him the same but can cats get psoriasis (sorry maybe mispelt)?

I didnt know this? I have taken him to a vet and they have told me "its all in his mind" I was also told that he just has poor skin but as he has got older I think that is not necessarily correct. Thank you Cinammon can you advise anymore cream to put on him?

Years ago, I can remember having a cat with similar..... she was a very stressy cat and I believe that was the cause. Cats can get flea eczema, so it seems logical that they can also get eczema for other reasons as well but in your case, it might be something missing from his diet now, if she's an elderly cat.

Did the Vet not prescribe something to help?

Thank you all for this. The vet just gives him an injection every 4-6 weeks when he starts irritating again. It gets to the point that he is irritated all over. I think the only kind thing to do is dare I say put him to sleep, but the vet says "itsall in his mind"

Thank you all for this. The vet just gives him an injection every 4-6 weeks when he starts irritating again. It gets to the point that he is irritated all over. I think the only kind thing to do is dare I say put him to sleep, but the vet says "itsall in his mind"

It seems very drastic to put him to sleep. :sad: I'm no Vet but would consider it either to be stress (in his mind), or a deficiency in his diet. Stress is a tricky one though because you'd need to identify what's stressing him.

Hopefully, other people will be along soon with suggestions for you.....

:-)

I'm really not sure what is the best thing to put on him but my cat had an abscess and I was going to put Savlon on it but the vet told me that creams for human skin are not suitable for cat's skin. Do you have a special collar on him so he can't lick the sore bits? He is very old, if the vet is saying they can't do anymore and he is suffering it might be kinder to have him put to sleep. If it was my cat though I'd take him to another vet for a second opinion. Sorry I couldn't be more help :-(

If it was my cat though I'd take him to another vet for a second opinion.

I'm inclined to agree here.... you can get good and bad vets; same as doctors, so there might be a more helpful one somewhere else. I have two vets near me and one is better than the other by far.... and cheaper!!

:-)

should change vets pronto. cats can get excema and psorisis and all sorts of skin conditions. never use human products on a cat though, differant Ph levels and could make it worse. make sure you keep bedding and sleeping areas clean and hygenic and dont overbrush his coat. it could be any number of reasons, and if it is psycological then any vet worth his/her salt would treat the condition and give you advice on how to keep him calm and happy. some vets are notorious for dragging out and giving the wrong treatments so youll keep going and have to pay more. please dont give up on your cat, give up on you vet!

Thank you all very much. As you know I cleaned him up and used the sudocrem which many have said I should not have but by the time I wrote on this forum I had already done this. His back is looking better I must say since Iused it, its at least looking not as wild and red, the skin looks sort of moisturised. I must say I also brushed his teeth as he has plaque, I use a finger tooth brush does anyone else do this? The old chap doesnt like it but he only has one large front tooth (I know what you are all thinking, he doesnt have alot going for him) but his teeth are now gleaming! Thank you all, I will try someone else.

Hi - sorry to hear about your cat. Just a thought - if stress is an issue with him, then a Feliway diiffuser might help. One of mine started stripping his tail when I got a new cat, and the diffuser really helped calm him down. Because he'd made such a mess of his skin, he needed regular steroid injections for a while to reduce the inflammation, but he's been fine now for years! Could it be an allergic reaction to something, as hightail suggested? I think you're doing brilliantly with your "scabby cat" - please give him every chance!

Good luck, and please let us know what happens.

Just an update on my cat. I think it was Hightail that mentioned worms, well I got out my Johnsons worming tablets, I hadnt thought about that to be honest as he doesnt go far. I gave him a tablet, well you wouldnt believe today, he is eating for England he does eat alot anyway but this has just meant he is eating more. Looks like with gleaming choppers a worming tablet as well, his skin is looking 100% better as well. Thanks all.

Good stuff, glad you got things sorted :-)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Just an update on my cat. I think it was Hightail that mentioned worms, well I got out my Johnsons worming tablets, I hadnt thought about that to be honest as he doesnt go far. I gave him a tablet, well you wouldnt believe today, he is eating for England he does eat alot anyway but this has just meant he is eating more. Looks like with gleaming choppers a worming tablet as well, his skin is looking 100% better as well. Thanks all.

Wow.... worms caused all that?! That is really useful to know.... I would never have thought of worms being the cause.

So glad you got it sorted... :-)

Wow.... worms caused all that?! That is really useful to know.... I would never have thought of worms being the cause

I mentioned ringworm which isn't worms but a fungal infection. However, a cat which does have worms is going to be losing out on essential nutrients and this could lead to all manner of problems. A cat which eats voraciously but still stays thin or even loses weight could very well have tapeworm.

Tapeworm is carried by fleas so if you've seen fleas on your cat then it needs treated for tapeworm. Roundworm comes from they prey an outdoor cat catches AND can remain encysted in the cat's tissues so regular worming is necessary even if your cat isn't a hunter and has shown no signs of a worm burden. This is why young kittens must be wormed as the mother can transfer the worm cysts in her milk.

I mentioned ringworm which isn't worms but a fungal infection. However, a cat which does have worms is going to be losing out on essential nutrients and this could lead to all manner of problems. A cat which eats voraciously but still stays thin or even loses weight could very well have tapeworm.

Tapeworm is carried by fleas so if you've seen fleas on your cat then it needs treated for tapeworm. Roundworm comes from they prey an outdoor cat catches AND can remain encysted in the cat's tissues so regular worming is necessary even if your cat isn't a hunter and has shown no signs of a worm burden. This is why young kittens must be wormed as the mother can transfer the worm cysts in her milk.

Yes, ringworm.... sorry, I missed that bit. I just focussed on WORMS.... lol. I'm surprised mine haven't had ringworm, going by the number of "gifts" brought through the catflap over the years.... :!:

Hi

Cannot say that the ringworm tablet is the be all and end all of his problems, I suspect not but he is very old for a black cat at 18. I stand to be corrected, but I have never had a black cat live more than 19. I suspect its more age related along with all the other things you kind people have suggested.

Cannot say that the ringworm tablet is the be all and end all of his problems

Ringworm isn't a worm, it's a fungal infection which causes lesions on the skin and loss of fur in a characteristic circular pattern. If you have wormed your cat with a dual wormer you have treated him for tapeworm and ringworm.

Yes Hightail I have used a dual wormer? he has a scabby back like small scabs not large ones although on his lower back half way down the spine they were larger I put this down to a mass together which the fur came off very easily when these were touched. He is now healing up quite nicely even though I used the sudocrem which I should not have but I have not used since. He has not attempted to pluck himself since the worming and he has been eating more. I hope this is a good sign.

Worms and fleas, possibly making his bottom itchy, definitely irritating his skin, elderly so can,t quite reach the right places any more therefore rips and tears at accessible points and makes a terrible mess everywhere else! Humans - think full leg plaster, 12 healing stitches in knee, bloody knitting needle won't reach, totally inaccessible, rip and tear at whatever you can get your hands on!

My dog gets Advocate every month, knocks out all nasties, is there a similar thing for cats and can elderly cats have it I wonder?

I had a black and white live to 18 but he only died as he broke his jaw, had it wired, and then gave up. Before that he was definitely geriatric but happy as larry. I didnt realise that about colours making a difference in cats longevity. I know about white coats, blue eyes, possibly deaf, and something odd about ginger males.

Hope the old boy continues to do well. I'm sure he'l llet you know when he's had enough - they have a way of doing that don't they?