Speeding ticket and improvement course.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Check and see if the hire firm are the registered keeper of the vehicle, like most company cars, many hire company cars are leased and the NIP to the hire company may be the second one in the chain which would explain the delay.

Hi My experience might be of some help to you. I was flashed 37 in a 30 in Bristol but I live in Essex. Requested the Speed awareness course to be transferred but they wouldn't do it. I claimed this was unreasonable wrote several letters worked my way up the police hierarchy. in both Essex and Avon and Somerset. Got summonsed to Bristol attended didn't get heard that day was rescheduled for another hearing meanwhile got in touch with head of the CPS in the area and also the Chief Inspector who were both reasonable people especially the Head of the CPS and the case against me was thrown out.

I tell you all this because I think that if you originally opted for the speed awareness course then there are people at the right level who have the power to reopen this opportunity if they can be persuaded to make the effort. I went from feeling I was being brutalized to having my faith in the system strengthened by my eventual experience but they put you through the mill first. Speed awareness course What a Joke! A ritual of humiliation is all that is so I have heard but its better than 3 points!.Any way I can help dont hesitate to message me. PK

• 8 months later...

Ok havent updated this for a while, but yes its still going on.

Ive been back to court three times, repelled the bailiffs twice, and FINALLY got somewhere last week.

Went to court on the 12th december 2011 and had the matter fully reopened, then adjourned after the magistrates said I could have a chance to write to the police and to the drivesafe organisation.

I did so, recieved a reply from the drivesafe lot saying it was nowt to do with them, and I should contact the Police.

I did that, and received nothing back from the police by the time I was due to go back to court in 16/1/2012.

Fortunately this time I wasnt up before a magistrate, rather a full blown Judge. As I had written proof that I had done everything the mags had told me to do, and as the prosecutor didnt have a clue what to do, the Judge handed down a bollocking which he told the prosecutorto pass on to the police. As there was ample 'special reasons' he told the prosecutor the police had 6 weeks to reply.

He also said the court wanted to make it clear that they would look favourably on my being allowed to sit the course as it was the most 'common sense' result, as I had already paid for it once and was not objecting to paying for it again.

He also made it clear that if the Police said no, then I should return to the court on 27/2/2012 where he would arrange to have the case heard before him again and he would encourage me to argue special reasons and to ask for an absolute discharge which he would be inclined to grant.

He also had some extremely scathing words for Marstons bailiffs who turned up at my front door a week after the initial adjournment attempting to force entry and congratulated me on standing up to them. He also suggested I take civil action against them for their actions.

So all in all, a positive outlook so far. The fight goes on..............

Ok havent updated this for a while, but yes its still going on.

Ive been back to court three times, repelled the bailiffs twice, and FINALLY got somewhere last week.

Went to court on the 12th december 2011 and had the matter fully reopened, then adjourned after the magistrates said I could have a chance to write to the police and to the drivesafe organisation.

I did so, recieved a reply from the drivesafe lot saying it was nowt to do with them, and I should contact the Police.

I did that, and received nothing back from the police by the time I was due to go back to court in 16/1/2012.

Fortunately this time I wasnt up before a magistrate, rather a full blown Judge. As I had written proof that I had done everything the mags had told me to do, and as the prosecutor didnt have a clue what to do, the Judge handed down a bollocking which he told the prosecutorto pass on to the police. As there was ample 'special reasons' he told the prosecutor the police had 6 weeks to reply.

He also said the court wanted to make it clear that they would look favourably on my being allowed to sit the course as it was the most 'common sense' result, as I had already paid for it once and was not objecting to paying for it again.

He also made it clear that if the Police said no, then I should return to the court on 27/2/2012 where he would arrange to have the case heard before him again and he would encourage me to argue special reasons and to ask for an absolute discharge which he would be inclined to grant.

He also had some extremely scathing words for Marstons bailiffs who turned up at my front door a week after the initial adjournment attempting to force entry and congratulated me on standing up to them. He also suggested I take civil action against them for their actions.

So all in all, a positive outlook so far. The fight goes on..............

• 1 month later...

VICTORY!!! The magistrates have decided to find 'Special Reasons' and decided to decide my case and gave me an absolute discharge. Bailiffs are also in the sh*t for trying it on and the court and information commisioner are both gunning for them hahaha!!!