HSBC : money back after your loan is paid? too good to be true??

tallica
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4825 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

In conversation with a friend, she mentioned she recived a letter from HSBC bank regarding a loan she had with them. In it they state that after her loan comes to an end, she is entitled too recieved a " cash back" amount of around £500....i think this equates to around 10% of the original loan. She rang them asking what it was all about, and the woman on the line informed her it was because of never missing a payment, good customer blah blah.

Has anyone else had experience of such a thing? Any views or opinions greatly appreciated. " money for nothing" ??? seems too good to be true

no this isnt a special loan or deal as such.....its just their normal run of the mill loan at the typical APR.....on further enquiry my brother in law has had a loan with HSBC and he too recieved this money in his account, he queried it and low and behold it was this " cashback".....maybe its genuine, but i cant get my head round it myself lol