• Tweets

• You will probably get a couple more reminders followed by further demands fro unregulated debt collectors with even increasing amounts to pay. They are all designed to scare you into paying.  Don't. It's a scam site and they do not know who was driving and they know the keeper is not liable to pay the PCN. Also the shop was closed so they have no legitimate interest in keeping the car park clear. So to charge £100 is a penalty as there is no legitimate interest which means that the case would be thrown out if it went to Court.  Keep your money in your wallet and be prepared to ignore all their letters and threats. Doubtful they would go to Court since a lot more people would not pay when they heard  MET lost in Court. However they may just send you a Letter of Claim to test your resolve.  If yoy get one of those, come back to us and we will advise a snotty letter to send them.  You probably already have, but take a look through some of our past Met PCNs to see how they are doing.
    • Hello, been a while since I posted on here, really hoping for the same support an advice I received last time :-) Long, long story for us, but basically through bad choices, bad luck and bad advice ended up in an IVA in 2016. The accounts involved all defaulted, to be expected. In 2018, I got contacted by an 'independent advisor' advising me that I shouldn't be in an IVA, that it wasn't the solution for our circumstances and that they would guide us through the process of leaving the IVA and finding a better solution. I feel very stupid for taking this persons advice, and feel they prey on vulnerable people for their own financial gain (it ended with us paying our IVA monthly contribution to them)-long and short of it our IVA failed in 2018. At the same time the IVA failed we also had our shared ownership property voluntarily repossessed (to say this was an incredibly stressful time would be an understatement!) When we moved to our new (rented) property in August 2018, I was aware that creditors would start contacting us from the IVA failure. I got advice from another help website and started sending off SARs and CCAs request letters. I was advised not to bury my head and update our address etc and tackle each company as they came along. Initially there was quite a lot of correspondence, and I still get a daily missed call from PRA group (and the occasional letter from them), but not much else. However, yesterday i had a letter through from Lowell (and one from Capital One) advising that they had bought my debt and would like to speak with me regarding the account. There will be several.of these through our door i suspect, as we did have several accounts with Capital One. Capital One have written to us with regular statements over the last 5 years, and my last communication with them was to advise of of our new address (June 2019), I also note that all of these accounts received a small payment in Jan2019 (i'm assuming the funds from the failed IVA pot). Really sorry for the long long post, but just thought id give (some of) the background for context.... I guess my question at the moment is.....how do I respond to Lowell...do I wait for the inevitable other letters to arrive then deal with them all together or individually...? Do I send them a CCA?  Many thanks
    • hi all just got the reminder letter, I have attached it and also the 2nd side of the original 1st pcn (i just saw the edit above) Look forward to your advice Thanks   PCN final reminder.pdf pcn original side 2.pdf
    • The airline said it was offering to pay $10,000 to those who sustained minor injuries.View the full article
    • The Senate Finance Committee wants answers from BMW over its use of banned Chinese components by 21 June.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

SB CCJ waiting game

SStevens
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

My debts should be SB in November of this year. After reading some posts on here I fear I'm in the CCJ danger zone - I have had previous letters threatening CCJs in the past but sure non have issued any - I haven't checked my credit for file for fear of them seeing I've checked my credit file on a DCA search (can they see that?)

Anyway, I'm worried that I will be issued a CCJ soon - so I want to know my options so I can gain some control. Please help as I don't know too much about all this.

Firstly, the main DCA is asking for 1200 reduced from the full amount of 10,000 pounds. If they CCJ'd me are they allowed to ask for the full 10,000 pounds??? As the whole amount isn't technically their debt to claim.

Secondly, can I dispute the CCJ then ask for a CCA from the DCA in question or would I have missed the boat to do this at this point?

I wonder if I should time a CCA wisely with said DCA so I can buy some time and hopefully avoid a CCJ, or at the very least pay the 1000 opposed to the full 10000 via the courts.

Please help! mY HEAD HURTS!!:!::madgrin::violin:

Thanks

Sy

Got to agree as well. If a DCA can claim the full amount they will, they aren't just being nice. They know they have little or no chance of enforcing this in court, in my opinion. That is why they are offering you a deal, so you snap it up. Are they offering this for a limited time only? Normally one of their tactics,

I would ignore them for now, post up all the info you can for the Caggers on here to have a look at

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

Thanks everyone for your quick responses!

The 10k has been sold on more times I'm confused with the amount of DCA I've dealt with re this particular debt...or not dealt with!

I just thought as it's been sold on for less and less money that's why they've asked for lower sum

I can't find the letter at the moment to let you know if the 1200 is for a limited time only. Is this a ploy for me to admit to the debt and then they'll crank it up and add on interest etc? I'm just so paranoid of making a false move right now as I'm so close to the finishing line.

If for some reason they are able to CCJ me will it be for the full amount or the 1200? Can they CCJ for part of the debt?

If they are able to CCJ me will I have the opportunity to CCA them so I can see if I can trip them up on anything else?? Or would it be too late in the eyes of the judge?

So, just to reiterate (as i'm tired and confused) This debt couldn't get to the CCJ stage if they can't produce an original signed agreement?? But if it does I can still fight it by getting a CCA and checking the fine details of the contract?

One more thing, if I check my credit file will they be able to see that on one of their searches?

Thanks so much for all your help!!

SY Stevens

Edited by SStevens

Sorry I thought they had issued an N1 form, getting mixed up with another thread. But this is a possibility they may try.

You can CCA them anytime, but if they sent you court papers then you would use CPR to request the documents mentioned in the particulars of claim.

I just thought as it's been sold on for less and less money that's why they've asked for lower sum No, just a tactic to get some money rather than none

I can't find the letter at the moment to let you know if the 1200 is for a limited time only. Is this a ploy for me to admit to the debt and then they'll crank it up and add on interest etc? I'm just so paranoid of making a false move right now as I'm so close to the finishing line.

If for some reason they are able to CCJ me will it be for the full amount or the 1200? Can they CCJ for part of the debt? They would have to take you to court and produce a vaid enforcable agreement first and other paperwork, which they probably don't have otherwise they would be claiming the full amount/defaulted amount .They could try a split claim but then they wouldn't be allowed to go back to court for the rest

If they are able to CCJ me will I have the opportunity to CCA them so I can see if I can trip them up on anything else?? Or would it be too late in the eyes of the judge? You will get the opportunity to view all documents before the court date for your defence

So, just to reiterate (as i'm tired and confused) This debt couldn't get to the CCJ stage if they can't produce an original signed agreement?? But if it does I can still fight it by getting a CCA and checking the fine details of the contract? Basically yes, lots of other considerations though. More information needed to make a real assesment

One more thing, if I check my credit file will they be able to see that on one of their searches? No

Thanks so much for all your help!!

Hi,

Have they actually mentioned litigation yet? (Using the words "will" rather than the standard threatogram "may" ).

Procrastination is key here, ignore for now as Cerberusalert says, but keep an eye on the tone of the letters (post up if unsure) as you'll need to send in a CCA Request before a summons is actually issued.

Unfortunately I feel that, if they decided to try court, they'd go for the full amount.

However, as mentioned above, the fact that they've offered such a substantial discount is a good indication that they don't have the necessary paperwork.

You do, however, have to be ready to jump in and knock them back at any serious mention of court action, by requesting CCA and making it quite clear that any action will be vigorously defended. Don't let them think you're an easy option who might let a CCJ slip by you by default.

Re the Credit Ref, I personally would leave it alone as DCA's do have a tendency to come crawling out from under stones after people sign up and check.

I don't know how it works exactly, so others may have more input on that aspect.

Hope this helps,

Elsa x

Edited by Undercover-Elsa

One more thing, if I check my credit file will they be able to see that on one of their searches?

I would have thought not....

When you view your credit file, it leaves a 'soft' footprint on your file. These 'soft' searches shouldn't be viewable to anyone but you.

That said - the CRA's & DCA's are probably in each others pockets anyway, so wouldn't surprise me.

Except that a certain CRA is owned by a DCA... or is it the other way around?

I won't claim to have 'known' that - but certainly fits in with the whole 'in each others pockets' theme.

If indeed CRA's are sharing this info with DCA's (is this even legal!?) it might explain why I got a 'calling card' from Wescott the other day ( postcard asking the occupier to ring some number - with Wescott's details in very very tiny writing at the bottom) - couple of weeks after viewing one of my reports (the only one with an oustanding account)

That said - I always found moving house triggered the **** bags to have another go as well.

Which begs the question... if they can prove you owe £10k why reduce it to £1200?

Personally I would sweat it out for now. ;)

Hi there

maybe I misread the post but I thought they had reduced the debt BY 1200 GBP not REDUCED IT TO 1200 GBP.

If they actually reduced it to 1200 GBP then

1) you could certainly assume it *might* not be collectable but if I were in the same situation I'd get a CONFIRMATION LETTER of this and then accept it like a shot if the debt is actually yours.

2) go through all sorts of loops and legal stuff to ensure that the debt is actually enforceable.

It's over to you -- but if you DID actually borrow the money then I'd go for the 1200 GBP FULL and FINAL --ensure they clean any external credit files and that NO FURTHER COLLECTION ON THIS DEBT ARE ALLOWED.

However of course if its just some DCA "Phishing" or trying to pursue a nearly SB'd debt then make THEM sweat it out like cerberusalert suggests.

Cheers

jimbo

Edited by jimbo45