Cofidentiality after redundancy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was made redundant from my previous company and now they are threatining me with solicitors if i contact any leads i may have picked up whilst i was there. Can they stop me talking to potential clients, that i know nothing about other than there is a potential project there?

I was made redundant from my previous company and now they are threatining me with solicitors if i contact any leads i may have picked up whilst i was there. Can they stop me talking to potential clients, that i know nothing about other than there is a potential project there?

Was there anything written in to your old employment terms & conditions?

Even if there was something written in your contract, they cannot stop you from talking to your potential clients on the basis that you 'may' have come across when you worked for them when you did not.

Taking your clients with you is another matter which may be dealt with in your contract.

The issue is whether they could prove that you knowingly took their clients (ie your clients when you worked for them) away from their

business. If they have clients on their books who wish to find another supplier (ie you or someone else) then that is a matter for the client and your old employer.

If they could apply a ban on you picking up new clients who MAY have been 'leads' at your previous employment with them, then at that rate, they could force every old employee out of business by claiming every client you picked up was one of their leads you had taken from them.

If in doubt, get your own legal advice.

Perhaps the relevant question (apart from whether you have signed something in your contract) is why are they threatening you? Employers do not routinely get soliicitors to send out such letters. Do they have some reason for sending such a letter, and if they do, what is it?