NATWEST - joint OD, and separate personal loan lumped together by Moorcroft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Debbie and BB,

Thanks for your help.

You are right. I have sent enough dispute letters, refer to my earlier dispute letter letters, passed multiple final notice periods and had discount offersand a faulty default notice! . Time to ignore them all I think.

Will start complaint procedures.

Cheers,

Rocky

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi RR

I just had a read through your thread because it popped up on the first page of this forum. You seem to be managing this comedy roadshow pretty well and have received lots of useful advice from the members who have contributed to your thread.

Just in case NW are silly enough to issue a claim against you for the overdraft and then state during the process that overdrafts have exemption from Part V of the CCA 1974 regarding signing of agreements etc this is only if they have fulfilled the conditions which form part of the 'Determination' made by the 'Director of Fair Trading'. It could therefore prove very advantageous to you to request copies of any 'Facility Letters' which the bank are supposed to issue when granting the overdraft in order to claim said exemption, and of which you have no doubt not retained copies of yourself :wink:

The chances are NW will not have retained copies either if the OD is not recent, as I eventually found out in my case which enabled me to submit a successful amended Defence, see my thread here;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?241052-Irwin-Mitchell-NastyWest-overdraft-claim-***-Won-With-Costs***

Good luck

Rob

Thanks Rob,

All is quiet at the moment but if they do try a claim I will request the documents you mentioned under the CPR rules (I think).

I will fight it.

I have a Hafilax od (which is a separate thread) and they cannot provide any documentation.

Their letters just repeat something along the lines of we do hope that we have satisfied your complaint, now pay up.

Cheers,

Rocky

Hi all, very intersting. I am being chased by Moorcroft for a loan from RBS where after a request 4 years ago they admitted they had lost the agreement and had insufficient information even to approximate a recon, stating that it was unenforceable. Moorcroft are asking for the loan plus the addition of a 3k overdraft for which I am currently making payments. The loan is clearly in dispute (not making payments) I have given a copy of the original letter from RBS, Moorcroft have also written to say they have been lost but still write every 4 days and phone at ridiculous times. Starting to lose patience with thse "***ts"

Unfortunately the lack of the paperwork

does not mean the debt is etinguished,

so they can continue to press for payment

but cannot enforce judgement in court.

Send them the telephone harrassment

letter from the CAG library address it to

the Compliance Manager.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: