Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"barclays on the other hand sent me a copy of my credit agreement twice.. unasked for".

Barclays sent me a copy of my agreement as well. This , too, was unasked for and came out of the blue.

I have not had any correspondence or phone calls from Mercers or Moorcroft for a few weeks now. (Not since I sent the letter requesting a copy of their DOA).

Does anyone have any idea why Barclays are sending out these copies of the agreement? Is there an underlying tactic?

"barclays on the other hand sent me a copy of my credit agreement twice.. unasked for".

Barclays sent me a copy of my agreement as well. This , too, was unasked for and came out of the blue.

I have not had any correspondence or phone calls from Mercers or Moorcroft for a few weeks now. (Not since I sent the letter requesting a copy of their DOA).

Does anyone have any idea why Barclays are sending out these copies of the agreement? Is there an underlying tactic?

I could be wrong but..

I think its in answer to our request for copies of our credit agreement and DOA from the debt collector it has neither, so barclays is hoping to turn the screws a little.. just a thought.

but it shows that BPF still own our loans and all the debt collection agencies are acting illegally to threaten us demanding money

Hi guys. Happy New Year to all.

10pack - like you I was completely miss sold the loan. It's a long story but unbeknown to myself I was in fact bankrupt when Barclays Partner Finance provided the loan to me which means that they could not have done a proper credit search and they certainly didn't do any affordability checks which is standard practice for any lender. I've told Fuzz about this and she is forwarding it to Ingrid. If anyone else has any doubts over the lack of standard practice carried out by the Advent sales rep when the loan was arranged should let Fuzz know.

Also, can anyone remember what set of guidelines/rules Barclays Partner Finance are in breach of by using more than one debt collector? I want to reply to their recent letter about getting another DCA to hound us.

I'm going to tell them about their miss selling of the loan as well to see what they think about it.

T

Hi guys. Happy New Year to all.

10pack - like you I was completely miss sold the loan. It's a long story but unbeknown to myself I was in fact bankrupt when Barclays Partner Finance provided the loan to me which means that they could not have done a proper credit search and they certainly didn't do any affordability checks which is standard practice for any lender. I've told Fuzz about this and she is forwarding it to Ingrid. If anyone else has any doubts over the lack of standard practice carried out by the Advent sales rep when the loan was arranged should let Fuzz know.

Also, can anyone remember what set of guidelines/rules Barclays Partner Finance are in breach of by using more than one debt collector? I want to reply to their recent letter about getting another DCA to hound us.

I'm going to tell them about their miss selling of the loan as well to see what they think about it.

T

write to them about the multiple DCA's

I already broached the subject with them including many others I mentioned most of them in an earlier posting.. and all of them are irelavent as far as BPF as concerned.. none of it is their fault.. they have the right to do what ever they want.. they are all powerful blah blah blah..

All they want is money, so thay can tell the boss how well the bank is doing and expect yet another fat bonus for doing sweet FA, they have no other interest in their customers.

I lost my job because of the financial mess these very same banks created with their greed.. and we are the ones who are still paying for their mess

Really pleased to hear that those investers are going to get a share of that £60m .. its our turn next to get paid cash!!!

Not quite sure what to make of that, it seems bizarre that there are numerous accounts of people getting upheld by the FOS yet none of us on here have had any luck, and the website says "barclaysparterfinance" maybe a deliberate miss-spelling to avoid it being meta searched in google?

Edit: infact the best part of that is the link SonaNorris posted at the bottom of the page, I wont post it here as it will likely be removed.

Edited by IdaInFife
changed link location

sorry new to this! How do i send you my details so i can be added to any list to stop barclays in their tracks over the advent rip off business?

If you check your inbox here I replied to you couple of days ago with the details.

Not quite sure what to make of that, it seems bizarre that there are numerous accounts of people getting upheld by the FOS yet none of us on here have had any luck, and the website says "barclaysparterfinance" maybe a deliberate miss-spelling to avoid it being meta searched in google?

Edit: infact the best part of that is the link SonaNorris posted at the bottom of the page, I wont post it here as it will likely be removed.

I did try and find who these alleged people were when this article first came out but had no response to any appeals on the forums.

The circumstances could be a telling factor, as one lady who did contact me had her loan refunded as she cancelled her Advent agreement days before they went bust, and within her cancellation period so the Ombudsman upheld her case.

Sadly that's the only one I could confirm.

If they exist they could well have signed a gagging clause.

Hi all,

NEWBIE ALERT

Glad I found you, been fighting BPF since ACCESS 2 TRADES went down (having received no training).

I've had my head down for a year dealing with this and being under the cosh for £11k has sort of isolated me. Its only the levels of exasperation and incredulity that have made me look up and find others.

Got my MP involved (bristol lib-dem with a crusade against bad practice in the banking world............apparently) which got Mercers off my back, and a stern letter from MD of BPF (he offered to knock the £50 missed payment costs off my debt....nice) but not much else.

Strength in numbers. As an ex Access student can i still jump in with the Advent case? same puddle as far as i'm concerned.

Also, lets chat. I need 5 posts til i can get more help and exchange of info.

Its been a strange mix of elation and anger reading all these posts. Again, glad i found you.

Hi all,

NEWBIE ALERT

Glad I found you, been fighting BPF since ACCESS 2 TRADES went down (having received no training).

I've had my head down for a year dealing with this and being under the cosh for £11k has sort of isolated me. Its only the levels of exasperation and incredulity that have made me look up and find others.

Got my MP involved (bristol lib-dem with a crusade against bad practice in the banking world............apparently) which got Mercers off my back, and a stern letter from MD of BPF (he offered to knock the £50 missed payment costs off my debt....nice) but not much else.

Strength in numbers. As an ex Access student can i still jump in with the Advent case? same puddle as far as i'm concerned.

Its been a strange mix of elation and anger reading all these posts. Again, glad i found you.

Welcome to the fight.. you will find a lot of info here, I know I did

Hi all,

NEWBIE ALERT

Hi skinnyribs welcome to the fight as 10pack says,

The legal action being taken is for both Advent and Access 2 Trades students also Property Professionals have joined as well it's a scandal what they're doing to us all.

As you say strength in numbers.

If you would like to join the action please PM me or Fuzzbutt for info.

Hi all,

NEWBIE ALERT

I've had my head down for a year dealing with this and being under the cosh for �11k has sort of isolated me. Its only the levels of exasperation and incredulity that have made me look up and find others.

Got my MP involved (bristol lib-dem with a crusade against bad practice in the banking world............apparently) which got Mercers off my back, and a stern letter from MD of BPF (he offered to knock the �50 missed payment costs off my debt....nice) but not much else.

Welcome aboard skinnyribs....

So a BPF MD offers Fifty quid for something BPF insist "is not their fault"

They [barclay's] insisted for two years that they had done nothing wrong.

Others viewed it another way - It cost them nearly seventy million.

Be positive, and remember whatever BPF or any DCA says......

Its just business, so don't take it personally and get intimidated.

Don't let it take over your life, you are not a criminal, but have just been ripped off [or nearly] by one of the countries supposedly leading Banks,

Who's business structure seems to be about mis-selling.

Edited by lowdown

I've just contacted 'BBC Watchdog' again and sent them my minister's letter. I've had an acknowledgement so maybe they'll look at it for the next series. Also contacted 'Rip Off Britain' (they recently featured one of the Access2 students on there in similar situation to ourselves). Also written in depth to the 'Gaurdian' newspaper money editor.

Hope to hear more on the case this week.

Hi Fuzz, I currently waiting for an acknowledgment from the FOS to my complaint form so then I can supply the OFT and Trading Standards who look likely they may uphold my complaint

Complaint Against: Clydesdale Financial Services Limited t/a Barclays Partner Finance and Mercers Debt Collections Limited

Licence No: 0375557/ 0511950

I would like to again report Barclays Personal Finance’s breach of s2.6 (h) of the Office of Fair Trading debt collection guidance in so far as they, while the debt is in dispute, have instructed Mercers Debt Collections Ltd for the recovery of the debt.

Barclays Personal Finance is fully aware that the debt claimed is in dispute but despite this they have passed the debt to Mercers Debt Collection Ltd for recovery, contrary to the Office of Fair Trading Guidelines.

They are disregarding guidelines in this instance by making threats of legal action against me to recover the money whilst this is in dispute. I have found this behaviour very intimidating.

I would like this behaviour to cease until this is settled by the law firms involved and have attached the correspondence as evidence

Also :-

I would also like to get together some evidence from around the I.T recruitment industry via linkedIn about the abismal quality of service that Computeach supply their self application vacancies are scraped off of other job boards. Was Ingrid also aware that quite a few of the students taken across to Computeach have submitted bankruptcy notices to the likes of Mercers to get them off their backs mean while continuing their training for free. These delays appear to be a ploy so that the original contracts run out

Yes it just came through.. its just seems an exercise to me in justifiing them selves.. I have not seen any investigation into why and how Advent went bust and investigation into where all the money of the company went.. now that would have been worth paying them.

I think the whole business of bankruptcy needs to be overhauled.. to many companies go bust over night and re open under a new trading name and no one can touch them for it

FYI. Didn't catch any of this happening when P.K.F sold Advents customer details to Computeach from the :-

The Information Commissioner’s Office is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest,

promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals (cant post the real link). ico.gov.uk

Follow the link

upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/buying_and_selling_customer_databases_v2.pdf

Can databases be sold?

Yes. If an organisation first obtains information from individuals with the intention of selling

the database as a commercial asset, individuals should be informed how their information

is going to be used, including that it will be sold.

Normally personal information in a database should not be sold if the individuals have not

been told originally that their information could be passed on to other organisations.

However, where a business is insolvent, bankrupt, being closed down or sold, the Act will

not prevent the sale of a database containing the details of individual customers, providing

certain requirements are met. These requirements are outlined below.

Do I have to tell the individuals about the change of ownership?

The buyer should make sure that all the affected individuals are told who now has their

information. This should be done as soon as practicable, giving contact details for the new

owners and confirming that the personal information obtained will only be used for the

same purposes as before. If the buyer wants to use the information in a new way then this

will also provide an opportunity to ask individuals for their consent.

I've just contacted 'BBC Watchdog' again and sent them my minister's letter. I've had an acknowledgement so maybe they'll look at it for the next series. Also contacted 'Rip Off Britain' (they recently featured one of the Access2 students on there in similar situation to ourselves). Also written in depth to the 'Gaurdian' newspaper money editor.

Hope to hear more on the case this week.

Very Interesting stuff let us know when these are due to be on TV. I have recieved the update letter from PKF and from what i can see they have taken all the money and put it in their pockets, i can't believe they sold my information onto another company....... WHERES MY MONEY!!!

Extracted from the guidelines

Can databases be sold?

Yes. If an organisation first obtains information from individuals with the intention of selling

the database as a commercial asset, individuals should be informed how their information

is going to be used, including that it will be sold.

Was anybody asked if their information could be sold to Computeach ? "individuals should be informed how their information

is going to be used, including that it will be sold." I believe this is the first indication we knew of it

:-

RE: Takeover of Advent Computer Training Limited training by Computeach

As I'm sure you are already aware, Advent Computer Training Limited ("the Company") went in to Administration 17 February 2010.

Computeach has been working with Ian Gould and Brian James Hamblin, both of PKF (UK) LLP, the Joint Administrators of the Company, and the major funding providers, such as Barclays Partner Finance, and I am pleased to announce that we will be providing training services to the Company's customers going forward. Rest assured that this training will not cost you anything extra over and above what you have already agreed to pay Barclays Partner Finance.

Computeach has provided training services to the consumer market since 1964 and we are confident that you will experience an improvement to the service going forward. We have won numerous awards and hold accreditations and partnership agreements with all the main bodies including:

Microsoft - Gold Partner for Learning Solutions

The Institute of IT Training - Founder Member of their Personally Funded Training Accreditation

CompTIA - Gold Partner

Pearson Vue and Prometric - Authorised Test Centre

Our training services include fully authorised training manuals and online eLearning to directly support the defined exam objectives for each of the certifications that we cover. To help you through your programme of study we have a team of fully qualified tutors employed at our head office and training facility in the West Midlands. Members of this team are available for email and telephone support between 9am and 5pm on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and between 9am and 8pm on Monday and Wednesday.

If guidelines had been followed our permissions should have been sought. Barclay's defence will be they are trying to fullfil their contractual obligations trampling all over the Data Protection Act in the process.