requested bank statements

andyfzr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've decided to go through with it and try to get the money back that the bank have (edit) off me in charges. Instead of sending to the credit place for statements, I just asked my bank for them, just took a phone call and a fiver of course. just need to know if these are the same as the statements I would get from the credit people or if they are sufficient for the job as they will have all the offending charges on them

You need to contact the organisation concerned. Their address will be on your statements or failing that send it to their head office.

Wait and see what you receive from your bank for your fiver and if it doesn't cover the period you wanted (max you can claim back through court is 6 years) or is in any other way inadequate, write to them asking for the information under the Data Protection Act The template letter from CAg (consumer action group) is here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-data-protection-act-subject.html

The maximum fee they can charge is £10.00 which you will be reclaiming if and when you issue a court claim against them.

what you are likely to receive for your tenner is basically copies of all statements going back for the period concerned. They have a maximum of 40 caledar days in which they are supposed to send them.

Good luck,

Scoobyandy

Good luck Andyfzr,

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm embarking on claiming all my charges too. I've been with HSBC 8 years, but they are telling me (constantly!) that they only keep records for the last 6?

Is this true? If not can you tell me who I need to speak to or what I need to do to get my 8 years worth????

Ta in advance! (a frustrated Sk1nt)

Well done for starting the ball rolling with getting your charges back....But I think you'll get a better response from this sites members :) if you post your thread under you relevent banks board ie BARCLAYS, HSBC etc.....

AS I SAID.....

"ENOUGH'S ENOUGH".....

I THINK IT'S ABOUT TIME I FOUGHT BACK.....

DON'T YOU....

:D

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you WIN" Mahatma Gandhi

from what ive read if you go down the route of sending your tenner to the data protection place, they will provide you with all the info, I was lucky and got all my statements from day one for a fifver from my bank just by phoning them. I find it highly doubtful though that your bank only keeps the last six statements lol. good luck mate