HFC and TBI

gmm100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, grateful for any help with particulars of claim and how to quantify claim amount.

Overview:

Alleged original loan with HFC, defaulted in 1998

No contact in interim until Nov 2008:

Informed by TBI (DCA) that they had been assigned rights to the loan, demand for repayment

Followed by threat of default

Default notice issued (second default for one original debt)

Letter from TBI's solicitor (exactly same address as TBI) threatening charging order on my property)

Dec 2008 - I sent letter from templates stating that alleged debt was statute barred and also requested a copy of the alleged credit agreement and stating that my data had been processed illegally.

Reply received stating that they would pass it back to their client company, TBI!

Dec 2010 - I viewed my experian report and found that TBI started processing my data in 2005, issued a default in Nov 2008 that was still on there and had added a linked address.

I telephoned them (TBI), referred to my original correspondence and was told that they would remove it immediately and that it was an error. I was also told that I would have to write in for compensation.

Within a few days it was gone, although the linked address information remains. I wrote to them with a copy of corespondence giving them 14 days to remove the additional information and requesting an offer of compensation, without wihich I would issue SCC proceedings.

Reply agin from TBI's solicitors stating that I am in correct in that they processed my data from 2008 (not 2005?) but that I would I would have to write to the original loan provider and that it was nothing to do with them!

Obviously I'm surpised at this response - I've alleged that they've processed my data incorrectly and that they have chased me for a statute barred debt that had already been defaulted once before - how can it not be their fault??

Sorry for rambling - any questions, assistance or guidance on POC and quantifying reasonable claim amount very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi thanks for the reply, a complaint to the IC is definitely required and I will speak to them for some guidance. My main point of disgust is that all of a sudden they don't acknowledge that they've harrassed me for a statute-barred debt, re-issued a default which is illegal and send me one line referring me back to the original credit provider. In one breath they confirm they purchased it, the evidence is clear that they have processed my data etc.

Any assistance in sample POCs would be very much appreciated if there is any out there. Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...