Photo Copyright

maycli
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently came across an accident where someone I knew had tripped on some upraised pavement flags, fallen and was later diagnosed with 2 broken fingers. Just happened that I had my camera with me and took 6 images of the offending flags. I suggested that the person in question contact an injury lawyer, who in turn contacted me re the pics I'd taken. Without thinking any further I downloaded them and I am given to understand that the local council admitted liability due to the photo evidence submitted. Incidentally the council had repaired the above pavement by 830 the next morning. Did I have the right to charge for their use? Just wondering!

You’re a bigger ambulance chaser than your mate! Were they works of art?

Seriously, you can’t provide a ‘service’ which at face value is given freely, then attempt to charge for it afterwards if a good result ensues. Even pro bono lawyers have terms and conditions. If I didn’t tell my clients what I was going to charge them before I did the work, they would tell me where to get off.

Sorry that you may have misinterpreted my post. At no time did I ever dream of applying for any sort of payment. The question was posed mainly to determine what sort of copyright you have on any pictures that you take and if you have copyright is there a fee to be paid for their use. Nothing to do with ambulance chasing.