Hillesden CCA - True Copy?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I requested a CCA from Hillesden for a debt I have with Abbey (now Santander) it was a personal loan taken by my ex wife which was left to me (which is nice!!)

They fobbed me off for around 4 - 5 months with a letter stating they were follwing up my request for the original documentation etc, until finally.....

I get a thick envelope in the post with a photocopy of a loan agreement with no signature on it, definitely NOT an original, their letter says:

"due to the age of the account, the original executed agreement is no longer available, however the enclosed "True Copy" is sufficient to satisfy the Consumer Credit Act 1974 regulations"

It says my account will remain in the collections deartment, and that though they may not be able to enforce the agreement, the monies remain outstanding, and that the agreement or any monies paid has not been made illegal or void bcause of our failure to supply a copy of the original agreement - we are prevented from taking steps to enforce th credit agreemnet but the underlyong obligation to repay remains intact

Where do I stand my friends, what do I do next??

You can claim back any unlawful charges or PPI if you have it and consider it was missold.

The debt still exists, however and they can chase you and make your life a nightmare with continued telephone calls and letters threatening allsorts.

How did Hillesdens become involved, did they buy the debt from Santander/Abbey?

yes they must have, it used to be wth abbey, I could not pay n hn on dy they beame involved, they do notscare me there are real things ot there much worse than this lot, I jut wn to b ale to get on with my life, I will pay them wat I can but it wont be alot at the mo :)

Hi arclight,

Just out if curiosity (and with the dca saying about the age of the debt) how old is the debt and when did you last make a payment towards it? If it's over 6 years since a payment or acknowledgement was made then the debt is statute barred

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p