Dayglo's mission to get his life back!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4702 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nicole Kidman in Batman Forever!!!!:rolleyes:

Wxxx

Willow's on target, see here :

http://www.batmannews.de/gotham_city_central/flugelheim_museum/pics/batmanforever/poster/pics_big/Chase_meridian_onesheet.jpg

:D

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I have just been reading through this thread and its an interesting one. As far as I am aware, the permission to share your personal data, which is identifiable, exists as long as the terms of the contract are alive, this enables the Data Controller, who is the legal owner of the data, to share it with pre-defined partners and organisation where fair and reasonable to do so and is legally know as acting Vires, or within his power. On the other hand once the contract ceases this power to share is removed and any attempt to retain should be challenged as the Data Controller will be acting Ultra Vires, or beyond his power. There are some interesting considerations here, I will have a good look at this one, I think the answer will be burried somewhere deep in European Law as Brussels seems to be the best source of decisions in this area. Once I have investigated it, and written a brief outline of my findings I will post them.

Have fun

Legal Bob

• Haha 1

and to think, i'd got through life so far being unaware of batmannews.de !

Whoops!

That pic obviously wont link directly, sorry folks (shame, NICE pic!)

NcF wishes to point out he is NOT a comic book geek, though could easily be identified as a bank charges geek

:p

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Hi Dayglo

Just spent the last 2 days reading your thread, wow is this the longest recorded thread in history? LOL

Anyway.....can i pick your brains on one thing pls?

I defaulted on my Vodafone account in Sept 2006, they were very quick indeed to send it over to a DRA and demand letters followed!

Now can i request a copy of the CCA and if they fail to provide will it wipe off the debt?

I originally had the contract with Singlepoint who sold over to vodafone, i have since had upgrades though.

Sorry to bug you but i couldn't actually work out if it is regulated under credit act or not?

Cheers

Matt

19/02: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to A & L

20/02 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to HBoS

20/02 SAR sent to Capital One

21/02 Prem letter sent to RBS for £304

Well interesting enough is that the letter from the DRA- Wesccot, is threatening doorstep collection and at the bottom it says "All of Wesccot's door step collection agents hold a consumer credit license and are members of the credit services association"

So to enforce this don't they need a signed cca?

Guest ian cognito

Don't know for certain but I would have thought it was the other way round, to collect debts that are covered by the CCA they need to be licenced, may be better starting your own thread in the default forum

Ok started my new thread on this, hopefully i'll get the answer.

vodafone cca

if anyone knows the answer please post on that thread,

cheers

matt

Hi All,

I have just been reading through this thread and its an interesting one. As far as I am aware, the permission to share your personal data, which is identifiable, exists as long as the terms of the contract are alive, this enables the Data Controller, who is the legal owner of the data, to share it with pre-defined partners and organisation where fair and reasonable to do so and is legally know as acting Vires, or within his power. On the other hand once the contract ceases this power to share is removed and any attempt to retain should be challenged as the Data Controller will be acting Ultra Vires, or beyond his power. There are some interesting considerations here, I will have a good look at this one, I think the answer will be burried somewhere deep in European Law as Brussels seems to be the best source of decisions in this area. Once I have investigated it, and written a brief outline of my findings I will post them.

Have fun

Legal Bob

This has been my contention since last summer - once a contract expires, the terms likewise expire. Hence the template that I put together setting out this very argument.

I've used the argument 20 times with various lenders and banks, and we've taken half of those to Court and won hands down.

We have also dug up two UK legal precedents relating to expiry of terms in contracts and then one party acting ultra vires to the detriment of the other party, which was used in the last 3 of those cases.

Unfortunately, I have yet to take one through a higher court to get a precedent set on this specific issue, as the County Courts have agreed on all cases. Maybe I might risk the fee to take one through a higher court just to make the point.

Let me know if you find any European precedents - but I think there's enough in UK law already to prove this argument already.

I'm often a sarcastic SOB and speak my mind (and I don't do PC at all), but I have a laugh as I go. I won't be intimidated, and I don't take prisoners... so live with it, or go get yourself a humour implant :p

Copy of Law book from Amazon…£19.95, Refund Request stamp...32p, LBA stamp...also 32p, Court fees...£750.00,

The look on the bank's barrister's face, when they lost the '£25k Mother-of-all unfair charges' cases...(plus his £8k+ of costs)... Priceless!

The legal bit: These are my opinions and own view of legislation and process. I accept no liability whatsoever for any outcome as a result of anyone invoking any or all of the advice given - clarify your own personal stuation with an insured legal professional.

Saying that, I've used these methods against many of these corporate crooks:evil: and won hands down!:D

• 1 month later...

Good luck mate..

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Guest willowb
well, its come to this then. The court hearing is on Monday. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks.

:o really? goodness....are you prepared? silly question, sorry! My OHs off shore DG otherwise I'd have loved to have met up with you......I will be there in spirit:| is aardy going? .....what time is the hearing?

Wxxx

cheers.

I'm as prepared as far as its possible to be. I have three copies of professionally printed and bound, indexed and cross-referenced files. Mr Aardark is coming over tonight for some final preparation and 'what-if' considerations.

Obviously don't want to say too much here, keep powder dry etc... but providing the hearing is fair and I get the chance to put my case across calmly - I can do no more than my best. I could not have prepared any more than I have done, so lets wait and see.

The hearing is at 2pm and scheduled for 2 hours.

Just wanted to say good luck mate and will pop in to your thread monday evening to see how you got on.

Halifax: LBA sent 27/11/2006 £640 owed. N1 filed on 13/12/2006 they have untill 12/01/2007 to acknowledge. Settled 12/01/2007 £929.46

Barclaycard: Prelim sent 13/12/2006 £250 owed from May 2004. Remaining statements being sent 04/01/2007.

£120 part payment recieved 09/01/2007.

LBA sent 10/01/2007.

N1 filed 29/01/2007.

AQ filed 19/03/2007.

Letter for offer in full 8/05/2007.

Settled 05/06/2007 £433

Halifax C/C: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 17/11/2006.

Prelim sent 29/01/2007 £407 owed.

N1 filed 19/03/2007.

Judgment entered against Halifax 3/05/2007. Settled 25/05/2007 £500

Hubby:

HSBC: Prelim sent 27/11/2006,

LBA sent 12/12/2006 £3231 owed.

N1 filed.

Defence filed 14/2/2007.

AQ filed 5/3/2007. Settled 16/03/2007 £4238.15

Black Horse: Prelim sent 13/12/2006 £256 owed. LBA sent 10/01/2007. Settled 24/01/2007 £146.75

Dayglo, is your hearing anywhere in Hants/Surrey?

Settled Claims:

Abbey: £4025 Claimed 27/02/06 - Paid in full 19/06/06

NatWest: £4529 Claimed 10/05/06 - Paid in full 1/08/06

Halifax: £1150 lba 18/05/06 - Paid in full 07/06/06

Natwest CC: £420 Initial letter 25/07/06 - Paid in full 08/06

Woolwich: £1100 Paid in full 28/2/07 + Default removed

NatWest Pt 2: £1700 Claimed 10/05/06 - Paid in full 7/2/07 + Defaults removed

Current Claims:

Abbey Pt 2: £2300 + adverse credit removal claimed 23/03/07

Alliance & Leicester: £1421 + adverse credit removal claimed 23/03/07

Refunds pending:

Capital Bank: Swift Advances: Halifax

Son's Refunds pending:

Abbey: HSBC

Ok, just would have loved to have come along if it was closer. Good luck anyway!!

Settled Claims:

Abbey: £4025 Claimed 27/02/06 - Paid in full 19/06/06

NatWest: £4529 Claimed 10/05/06 - Paid in full 1/08/06

Halifax: £1150 lba 18/05/06 - Paid in full 07/06/06

Natwest CC: £420 Initial letter 25/07/06 - Paid in full 08/06

Woolwich: £1100 Paid in full 28/2/07 + Default removed

NatWest Pt 2: £1700 Claimed 10/05/06 - Paid in full 7/2/07 + Defaults removed

Current Claims:

Abbey Pt 2: £2300 + adverse credit removal claimed 23/03/07

Alliance & Leicester: £1421 + adverse credit removal claimed 23/03/07

Refunds pending:

Capital Bank: Swift Advances: Halifax

Son's Refunds pending:

Abbey: HSBC

no - my hearing is in Leigh in Greater Manchester.

Alrite mate?

what time?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Guest ian cognito

we'll all be there in spirit, if your bottles going the offer's still open to come and hold your hand, I still can't believe they are going to all this trouble and for what??

Would wish you all the luck in the world, leaves on the line, fog round the airport and roadworks on the M6, but I don't think they have an argument!

thanks ian. The only bottles that are going are the ones wich contain intoxicating liquor, and they're going pretty fast :D

it is going to boil down to the following issues as far as I can tell :-

1) have Vodafone given adequate 'justified' reasons for not complying with my S.10(1) Notice within the 21 days they were given? I say, not - they say yes.

2) Do the court agree with me that 6 years in an un-reasonable length of time to process data after the ending of a contract or do they agree with Vodafone and the ICO who say that 6 years is standard practice and a reasonable length of time

3) In terms of Schedule 2, para 6 - whose legitimate interest is greater? my legitimate interests or Vodafone's?

4) will there be any procedural confusion regarding everyones role in this - some courts appear to think that the CRAs are processing the data as opposed to the credit supplier

5) will I be wearing my lucky pants?